Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 10:04 AM

576 posts, read 824,213 times

Advertisements

One of my co workers asked which way I was going and it turned out it was the same direction to a grocery store she wanted to go.

So she asked if she can come with me,i sad sure.it tuned out that where she was going was just down the street,10 minute walk and yet she asked for a ride.

Then yesterday she asked again since she was going that direction. I was thinking wtf, like 10 minute walk would make difference. There was time when I had to park my car at the mall since all the parking spot where full. I had to walk extra 10 minute walk (the same distance)I didn't think it was big deal. Even when she takes a buss,she has to walk almost the same distance to the bus stop.Idk,am petty for being annoyed?

Old 10-24-2015, 10:05 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
How would we know if you are being petty? You know you, we don't.

In the future learn to say "No".

Old 10-24-2015, 10:11 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
If she continues asking, she is now taking advantage of your kindness, and time; and has crossed the line. I'd just start saying no.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How would we know if you are being petty? You know you, we don't.

In the future learn to say "No".
Its just socially awkward to decline when you are heading that way idk

Old 10-24-2015, 10:37 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Yes, but it's just as socially unacceptable of her to continue to take advantage of your kindness. That is rude. Just tell her you have an appt. of some kind, and don't have the time to give her a ride.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:49 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Kind of petty, actually. People without cars tend to have to ask for a lot of rides so she is used to it. Is she asking you to wait for her? Or just drop her by on your way past? Cause if you had to wait on her, I could see that would be highly annoying and over the line. Dropping her off on your way past? Just being a nice co worker.

And from your story she isn't asking all the time. From your story, twice. Come on now...

As for the 10 minute walk. Imagine you having to walk everywhere and how nice it would be to get a little break from it once I a while?

Old 10-24-2015, 11:04 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
My neighbor could not drive a car so she was very quick to ask for rides. All I asked was for her to be on time to go and come back. If she she was late, I let her know I wouldn't be giving her a ride next time.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Kind of petty, actually. People without cars tend to have to ask for a lot of rides so she is used to it. Is she asking you to wait for her? Or just drop her by on your way past? Cause if you had to wait on her, I could see that would be highly annoying and over the line. Dropping her off on your way past? Just being a nice co worker.

And from your story she isn't asking all the time. From your story, twice. Come on now...

As for the 10 minute walk. Imagine you having to walk everywhere and how nice it would be to get a little break from it once I a while?
Honestly, I have only been driving for 2 years. I used to relay on public transportation too and most the time the nearest buss stop would be 10 minute walk or longer, depending on the location. I have never ask for ride or expecting anyone to drive at that matter despite heading the same differection. I had people who offered but I was never comfortable asking. I guess I'm just different

Old 10-24-2015, 11:36 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
I'm the same way.....would never ask for a ride unless I was stranded on the side of the road!

To be honest, only asking a few times doesn't seem like too much of an imposition, but be careful it doesn't become a habit. And NEVER accept money for gas. Once the ride hitcher pays you, they feel they "paid" for the service and it no longer becomes a favor you are doing for them....it is expected.

I hate when people impose like that......if it starts to become a habit, let her know you have errands to run after work that are in the OPPOSITE direction of where she needs to go. A few times hearing that, and the requests will probably stop.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:38 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
Idk,am petty for being annoyed?
You can only be annoyed with yourself. If you don't want to do it then just say, "sorry I can't". You don't need an explanation.

I love my job, but when my eight hours are over, I am done for the day. I don't feel like doing one more little thing, I just want to go home.

I get the feeling you feel like it is going to be a habit, an everyday habit. That would make me uncomfortable too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships