Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 03:04 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Advertisements

I agree that you have a right to be confused about your friends' behavior. As soon as someone asked me to come along to visit the friend who had surgery, I would have asked, "Why are we in a hurry to visit her, when none of you came to visit me?"
Perhaps the issue is your passiveness? Are you trotting along to her bedside? Maybe it has to do with the overall pecking order of the group. You know how girls/women are. Maybe the alpha female might be the one mending now, and when it was you, they did not feel the need to go out of their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 10:12 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere900 View Post
So, at this point, I've already started to move past the situation. I have spoken to two of my friends about how I felt, and they both apologized, and asked for forgiveness. I have called/text my other friend that had surgery to check on her, but did not bring up this situation to her, for obvious reasons. I still don't know if we are going this weekend to visit her. Supposedly the three of us are car pooling together, but no word yet if that is still the plan. If not, I will probably go on my own in the next few weeks.
I'm glad it is working out, that you were able to adress it with them and feel heard, that you received apologies and can move forward. And that (hopefully) your long friendships have not been marred. And maybe it will start a conversation among yourselves on what each wants/needs in certain situations, because as another poster stated, eventually there will be more hospital stays and illnesses. My mother is trying to help her best friend who is having undiagnosed heart problems. The friend's husband is falling apart and is NO help, so my mom is trying to be a steady shoulder for her to lean on. Everyone needs different things and can give in different ways.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:01 PM

347 posts, read 425,479 times
People show you their true character in difficult times. They showed you where they felt you belonged on their social ladder. I'd be very hesitant to lift a finger for them and explore new friendships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships