Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 08:04 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

The last thanksgiving dinner I had with my mom was when I was 17 years old.
I'm 44 now.

Life is too short to grumble about silly things.
Next time give your mom a big hug as you hand her the dish she asked you to bring.

peace,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Some of you are getting lost. I posted about my mother ,the OP posted about a friend. The casserole I referred to us my mother's recipe and Like I said I had no problem fixing the whole meal. My problem was that I didn't get the ingredients or schedule if because she volunteered to specifically bring that. Its something the whole family looks forward too.Was I mad and making threads about it? No but it was an unneeded hassle 24 hours before. I didn't say much but decided the following years just to do the whole thing myself. I don't mind the work and I'm a little bit of a food snob so it's.worth the extra effort to know it's going go be up go my standards and my family will be happy I've provided the experience they've come to expect.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:03 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Some of you are getting lost. I posted about my mother ,the OP posted about a friend.
Nope, the OP was posting about her mother.

Not sure what to think of this

Old 11-17-2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Nope, the OP was posting about her mother.

Not sure what to think of this
I was referring to the current thread. Not the previous one..I haven't read that one and I'm going to assume that you are correct. However this thread makes no mention of it being her mother,as far as I can remember.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:54 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I was referring to the current thread. Not the previous one..I haven't read that one and I'm going to assume that you are correct. However this thread makes no mention of it being her mother,as far as I can remember.
I think we are all assuming, given the similar thread from last year, and the lack of details given in this one.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I think we are all assuming, given the similar thread from last year, and the lack of details given in this one.
Ok I finally got around to reading that one. Wow just wow.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

Old 11-18-2015, 07:28 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
okay here we go , tell this woman sure I will fix it this way but I will be having it at my house thanks for the recipe .

Old 11-18-2015, 09:48 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
Extremely tacky on the host/hostess part. I wouldn't have gone either and put myself in that situation.

If they wanted a customized meal, they should eat out or prepare themselves.

I never assign dishes to anyone if I invite them for dinner{casual or holiday}. They are welcome to bring anything they want or nothing at all, the purpose for me to host a meal/gathering is to share a meal/experience, not have everyone cater the meal for me. SMH

Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Exactly. The OP made it sound as though it was an acquaintance, when it was her own mother. Suck it up OP, and make your mother happy.
Wait a minute....this was the OP's MOTHER?? Oh good grief! Why not just say that from the beginning? That puts a whole different spin on everything. She should know how her own mother is and what is expected. If she can't handle it, then don't do it! Be a grown up!!!

Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
Extremely tacky on the host/hostess part. I wouldn't have gone either and put myself in that situation.

If they wanted a customized meal, they should eat out or prepare themselves.

I never assign dishes to anyone if I invite them for dinner{casual or holiday}. They are welcome to bring anything they want or nothing at all, the purpose for me to host a meal/gathering is to share a meal/experience, not have everyone cater the meal for me. SMH

The OP did go, she was just passive aggressive and made something else after agreeing to make what the hostess requested.

Both displayed a lack of class here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships