Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:08 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,512,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear999 View Post
Moderator cut: member request

First off it's not your concern. Second you don't stand there and let someone tell you intimate details if you're not comfortable, you stop them in their tracks "Too much information"(I'm sure you have heard the saying).

Third she picked him, after he was already divorced for CHEATING WITH HER.....LOL..."what goes around comes around", and makes 3 kids with him.

You lost respect for your BIL? What about her? They sound like two prizes who deserve each other.

The only one to feel bad for is the 3 kids.

Last edited by Yac; 12-02-2015 at 02:32 AM..

Old 11-30-2015, 10:33 AM

19,480 posts, read 24,963,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Yeah, you got to stay out of it. But feel free to distance yourself from the whole mess as much as possible. It's going to blow up. Your sister in laws hands aren't clean.

She WAS the other woman, what did she expect? And it's her choice how she spends her life.

I get being grossed out and bothered (I found out a guy I knew was pressuring his wife into 3-somes and if she didn't saying he would divorce her. I avoided that guy like the plague). But just keep away from the mess the two of them created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post

MYOB--that said, what did your sister-in-law expect? He cheated on his first wife with her, divorced and then married her.

How did you not lose respect for your sister-in-law when she was dating/sleeping with/whatever a married man?

Karma is a mean one sometimes.

I truly believe the old saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater". I would refuse to get involved and refuse to listen to her if she starts complaining to you.

I feel very sorry the children involved in this mess.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:06 AM

203 posts, read 192,433 times
Quote:
Not your place. Butt out.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:28 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,254,915 times
People need to remember your not there to FIX anyone..
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Its not your place to interfere in their lives because cheating is not a deal-breaker for your sister in law. Anyone in your place would be judgmental & disgusted by his behavior but they are adults & there is nothing you can do about changing their situation. Maybe she needs financial support from him or doesn't want kids to go through the divorce so that's why she is sticking with him. Just be there to listen to her & keep it to yourself. That's the best support you can offer her.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:33 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,254,915 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
First off it's not your concern.
Second you don't stand there and let someone tell you intimate details if you're not comfortable, you stop them in their tracks "Too much information"(I'm sure you have heard the saying).

Third she picked him, after he was already divorced for CHEATING WITH HER.....LOL..."what goes around comes around", and makes 3 kids with him.

You lost respect for your BIL? What about her? They sound like two prizes who deserve each other.

The only one to feel bad for is the 3 kids.
Hummm your sister was dating and having sex with a married man and she's innocent ? Innocent of what? You do know what your sister is right?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,971,715 times
Quote:

So you are disgusted with the brother in law but just fine with the sister in law who cheated with him when he was previously married? Hypocrisy and double standards at it's best.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:47 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,475,066 times
"Why do you tolerate this, Sis? Because I think you deserve better than that. But if you're okay with it, please don't tell me, because hearing about it makes my blood boil even though it's your marriage and your choice. I'm having a hard time looking him in the eye because I'm worried I'm going to slip and say something that lets him know how I feel about his behavior, even though it's not my place."

That should get a few points across to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So you are disgusted with the brother in law but just fine with the sister in law who cheated with him when he was previously married? Hypocrisy and double standards at it's best.
Maybe that's why she puts up with it. She probably knows on some level that when you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:37 PM

18,748 posts, read 11,713,168 times
It sounds like he's a sex addict and needs therapy, and your SIL is staying because it's convenient. (?) The whole dynamic may not sound ideal to you Mama but it satisfies a need for both you SIL and BIL. It's nobody's place to judge and the best you can do is be supportive to both of them. Try not to think of them with such a myopic eye. There may be more to the story then you realize.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:42 PM

15,692 posts, read 20,193,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Would have to agree. She WAS the other woman for a while, broke up a marriage and basically found herself with a man who already proved to her he would step out on his commitment without remorse.

Hate to say it but she should have seen this coming.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:57 PM

152 posts, read 173,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
It sounds like he's a sex addict and needs therapy, and your SIL is staying because it's convenient. (?) The whole dynamic may not sound ideal to you Mama but it satisfies a need for both you SIL and BIL. It's nobody's place to judge and the best you can do is be supportive to both of them. Try not to think of them with such a myopic eye. There may be more to the story then you realize.
I truly believe he has an addiction, just like an alcoholic or a drug addict. It's out of control and just burns my a** to think that he thinks this is ok. It is not okay !!!!!!!!!!! I am more on my sister-in-laws side because she is loyal and not flirting around with everyone she sees !!!! We all went out to a restaurant the night before they left and sure enough, a pretty girl walks in, I had her pegged from the moment she walked in, brother-in-law takes note. Of course her table was right beside of us! Well later on that night, sure enough, he mentions it to my husband..."hey, did you see that smoking hot girl that walked in the restaurant? My husband is like the one you stared at about 15 times?" No, I was staring at my wife." I guess that shut him up !!!! Grrr...he's such a dumb a** !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships