Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 08:15 PM

510 posts, read 716,675 times

Advertisements

I like the way this thread is going. So many of the other threads are a bummer..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 08:16 PM

259 posts, read 522,650 times
Hmmm, I've had lots of nice/sweet things said to me over the years, but only one has stuck with me, and it was because of who it came from. I was standing on the corner of State/Randolph (Chicago) waiting for my boyfriend at the time to come meet me, as we had lunch plans. While waiting for him in front of the Old Navy, this gorgeous, tall guy, who absolutely had to have been a model (like, no doubt in my mind) walked up to me, and said, "I'm not trying hit on you, but you have to be the most prettiest woman, I've ever seen in my life. I hope you have an amazing day". Then he smiled and continued walking.

I've had similar compliments, but the fact that it came from a guy who, easily, looked like he came off of the cover of GQ magazine, absolutely made my day!

And no, I did not tell the bf about that interaction. He was already jealous as it is.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:30 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromChicagotoSeattle View Post
Hmmm, I've had lots of nice/sweet things said to me over the years, but only one has stuck with me, and it was because of who it came from. I was standing on the corner of State/Randolph (Chicago) waiting for my boyfriend at the time to come meet me, as we had lunch plans. While waiting for him in front of the Old Navy, this gorgeous, tall guy, who absolutely had to have been a model (like, no doubt in my mind) walked up to me, and said, "I'm not trying hit on you, but you have to be the most prettiest woman, I've ever seen in my life. I hope you have an amazing day". Then he smiled and continued walking.

I've had similar compliments, but the fact that it came from a guy who, easily, looked like he came off of the cover of GQ magazine, absolutely made my day!

And no, I did not tell the bf about that interaction. He was already jealous as it is.

So if a plain guy would have said the same thing you wouldn't have been impressed?????

Old 12-20-2015, 11:50 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,653,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Honestly, if you leave out my spouse and immediate family, no-one has said anything truly nice to me.
Come on Arctic. I don't know if you're Christian or not, but I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
In the middle of a really terrible date my date said *goodbye*, I thought that was very nice of him...

Old 12-21-2015, 01:15 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
When I was in my 20s and worked in a department with about 15 other women, an older lady who worked there and was a mentor to a lot of people told me I was the only normal one out of all the people who worked there. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships