Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 948,935 times

Advertisements

Help me please. My friend really loves this girl that he met at a dance party a couple of weeks ago. She is the best thing that happened to him in a long time. He wants to date her after he spoke to her at the party. However, there is a huge problem: his mother knows about it, and she is not happy, he told me. She doesn't like the girl because she has history with her dealing back to when the girl worked with her at a bakery. His mom's health is not so great. If he told her, he fears, about this potential relationship, it can KILL her. What should I tell my friend, date the girl of his dreams, or save his mother from grief and death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 10:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
You should stay out of the entire situation. His life, his choice.
You really need to look at your story again, you stated his Mother knows about the situation is not happy.
Then you stated the if your friend tells his Mother about the relationship it will kill her because of her health.
So which sentence is the truth and which is the lie?

Old 12-21-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should stay out of the entire situation. His life, his choice.
You really need to look at your story again, you stated his Mother knows about the situation is not happy.
Then you stated the if your friend tells his Mother about the relationship it will kill her because of her health.
So which sentence is the truth and which is the lie?
She knows that he is dating her. She wants to hear a definite yes or no. If it's true, I fear and he fears that it can cost her her life. He's scared. He needs advice. I don't know what to tell him. He can't afford to give his mother a fatal stroke again. She can't take it. Please help me. I don't want to see my friend in pain. He can't afford to lose her. This is urgent.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:45 PM

32,914 posts, read 36,310,068 times
A couple of weeks ago... He really loves this girl. He really loves her? He'd give her a kidney? There's a big, big difference between fascination, lust and love.

If she has a history of dealing, I wouldn't trust her either. She needs to earn trust.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,937,803 times
If your friend's mother opts for emotional blackmail, that's on her. She isn't going to have a stroke and die because her son is dating a girl she doesn't like. If she does have a stroke, it's because she's in poor health.

Nobody should play into the drama, least of all you. It's his choice how to proceed. If you give your opinion that he should date her, and Mom dies at some point, is he going to blame you? If you advise him to dump the girl, will he hate you anyway? The only way you can win is to keep your mouth shut.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:49 PM

32,914 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
She knows that he is dating her. She wants to hear a definite yes or no. If it's true, I fear and he fears that it can cost her her life. He's scared. He needs advice. I don't know what to tell him. He can't afford to give his mother a fatal stroke again. She can't take it. Please help me. I don't want to see my friend in pain. He can't afford to lose her. This is urgent.
You can't inflict a fatal stroke twice, because, well, the person is dead.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
A couple of weeks ago... He really loves this girl. He really loves her? He'd give her a kidney? There's a big, big difference between fascination, lust and love.

If she has a history of dealing, I wouldn't trust her either. She needs to earn trust.
The OP didn't say she was dealing.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post

Please help me save his mom's life. Please.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:53 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
It is not urgent, it is not your place to tell your friend anything and a *fatal* stroke can only be had one time.
If he is so scared of his Mother and allows her to guilt him he is not mature enough to be in a relationship with anyone.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Please help me save his mom's life. Please.
Just stop. You can't save his mother's life, he can't save his mother's life either. If her heart's bad, I suggest a cardiologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships