Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 01:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
Today I learned the following:

1. Never serve only one meat dish (actually I already knew this, but now if have a great justification)
2. James is a "black name"
3. There are kitchen islands and tables which are the exact same height.
4. Dining rooms are to be avoided for all but the most formal of occasions
5. 2 year old babies are best left to eat far away from their parents during a meal
6. Always call 5s
7. Avoid point 6 by having enough chairs in the first place (already knew this, but hey always good advice)
8. OP lives in a home with the world's largest kitchen plan (seriously I want to see blueprints)
Excellent take aways there.

I have learned this:

1. Ham is apparently not a trendy dish anymore (news to me - I thought I liked ham but now I guess I need to reconsider)
2. Adults actually do eat food from Taco Bell.
3. The whole concept of Evil Stepmother, which I foolishly thought originated somewhere in the Black Forest of Europe and was perpetrated by two European brothers named Grimm, is apparently limited to the United States - a land populated solely by dysfunctional, fat, selfish people.

Hey, is it a coincidence that the above sentence includes the word "black" which applies not only to a place in Europe, but also a type of ham, and ALSO the color of the skin that Sweet Baby James should have if he is going to match his name? This cannot be an accident.

I feel a trip to the deli coming on. I think I'll fix myself a big Black Forest ham sandwich, and then sit down and watch a Samuel Jackson movie, or maybe three episodes of Luther. However, I will NOT watch them from the kitchen table - this seems somehow fraught with danger.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:32 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yea, Sheena!! Finally an adult who also sees how incredibly rude and arrogant step-daughter was!!! What a brat snd SO immature for a 22 year old.
Hmmmm...but we are only hearing the one side of the story.

I will continue to say the problem is not about the food. There is a storm brewing and it has nothing to do with food or seating.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
Not like here in the US. The USA takes the CAKE in terms of dysfunctionality.
Europeans look at Americans as not having a clue, and generally gluttonous, inspired by self interest only.
Where are YOU from, oh wonderful full of clues, skinny, self-sacrificing one?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:39 PM

510 posts, read 500,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Hey, is it a coincidence that the above sentence includes the word "black" which applies not only to a place in Europe, but also a type of ham, and ALSO the color of the skin that Sweet Baby James should have if he is going to match his name? This cannot be an accident.
Like the Black Irish? Maybe that is what she meant! Is this family from Ireland? I will have to do a re-read and see if Colcannon was mentioned on the bill-of-fare.

If you want my suggestion for European food with the word black in it try some Black Forest Cake. Its no taco bell Churros but mighty fine.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen
Today I learned the following:

1. Never serve only one meat dish (actually I already knew this, but now if have a great justification)
2. James is a "black name"
3. There are kitchen islands and tables which are the exact same height.
4. Dining rooms are to be avoided for all but the most formal of occasions
5. 2 year old babies are best left to eat far away from their parents during a meal
6. Always call 5s
7. Avoid point 6 by having enough chairs in the first place (already knew this, but hey always good advice)
8. OP lives in a home with the world's largest kitchen plan (seriously I want to see blueprints)
9. Europeans are selfless, drama free, superior beings.
10. There are actually shirts for just this occasion that say "My princess name is Taco Belle."

I was astonished at this fact.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Like the Black Irish? Maybe that is what she meant! Is this family from Ireland? I will have to do a re-read and see if Colcannon was mentioned on the bill-of-fare.

If you want my suggestion for European food with the word black in it try some Black Forest Cake. Its no taco bell Churros but mighty fine.
Whatever you do, don't eat black pudding.

I mean, just don't. Don't do it.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xil View Post
You have reading comprehension problems if you can't understand convoluted, clear-as-mud posts.
You have sense of humor problems.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:52 PM

510 posts, read 500,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Whatever you do, don't eat black pudding.

I mean, just don't. Don't do it.
I... I.... like black pudding.

I can't stand Scandinavian style black licorice, the salty kind

Old 12-29-2015, 01:56 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Guess many posters don't know that most new houses today are built without dining rooms, so all meals sre served in the kitchen.
The OP has a dinning room. When she first posted it was too big to use. At some point over the past two days it shrank and is now too small.

Quote:
I suspect that many of these posters who support the step-daughter are step kids themselves or possibly self entitled "kids" themselves.
I'm not a step kid, I just know there are three sides to every story. And if a story changes from post to post, it's probably not the most accurate retelling of the story.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I... I.... like black pudding.

I can't stand Scandinavian style black licorice, the salty kind
I admit that I like black pudding with a full English breakfast...as long as I don't think about what it is.

I don't like ANY black licorice.

I do like Idris Elba.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships