Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 12:30 PM

50 posts, read 53,798 times

Advertisements

Christmas was great this year because someone finally put old Chris in his place for being so unfriendly and aloof to everyone during Holiday Celebrations.

Chris is a handsome super successful Attorney who is just brimming with ego and self importance. He is a partner at one of the leading law firms in NYC. I give him credit for his career success.

The trouble is he is unable to deal with the blue collar working class regular folks in his wife's family. He comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas and acts better than us and carries himself like he is royalty and we are a bunch of white trash.

Finally one of my cousins, Jerry, after a few too many beers did a great job at putting old Chris, the high flying attorney in his place.

JERRY: So Chris, what do you think of Donald Trump? (Everyone in the room looks at both of them to see what will happen.)

CHRIS: (Rolls his eyes and turns away and acts like he did not hear Jerry.

JERRY: Chris, we are still waiting for your answer!

CHRIS: (Rolls his eyes and gives Jerry a smirk and a disapproving look.)

JERRY: So, Chris you are too good to talk to us about current events?

CHRIS: (More eye rolling)

JERRY: Unloads on him and eventually Chris storms out of the house without his wife.

So, did Chris owe Jerry and the rest of us any answer to the Donald Trump question? Who was right and wrong in this situation?

Old 12-28-2015, 01:23 PM

920 posts, read 931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old tired and angry View Post
Christmas was great this year because someone finally put old Chris in his place for being so unfriendly and aloof to everyone during Holiday Celebrations.

Chris is a handsome super successful Attorney who is just brimming with ego and self importance. He is a partner at one of the leading law firms in NYC. I give him credit for his career success.

The trouble is he is unable to deal with the blue collar working class regular folks in his wife's family. He comes to Thanksgiving and Christmas and acts better than us and carries himself like he is royalty and we are a bunch of white trash.

Finally one of my cousins, Jerry, after a few too many beers did a great job at putting old Chris, the high flying attorney in his place.

JERRY: So Chris, what do you think of Donald Trump? (Everyone in the room looks at both of them to see what will happen.)

CHRIS: (Rolls his eyes and turns away and acts like he did not hear Jerry.

JERRY: Chris, we are still waiting for your answer!

CHRIS: (Rolls his eyes and gives Jerry a smirk and a disapproving look.)

JERRY: So, Chris you are too good to talk to us about current events?

CHRIS: (More eye rolling)

JERRY: Unloads on him and eventually Chris storms out of the house without his wife.

So, did Chris owe Jerry and the rest of us any answer to the Donald Trump question? Who was right and wrong in this situation?
Wow Jerry sounds like a real jerk. Why would he go off on this guy like that just because he rolled his eyes?

Sounds like Chris has more class than the rest of the bunch. No this is not ok

Old 12-28-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Wow Jerry sounds like a real jerk. Why would he go off on this guy like that just because he rolled his eyes?

Sounds like Chris has more class than the rest of the bunch. No this is not ok
So the aloof snob who acts like he is better than everyone else is the winner in your eyes?

I disagree! If he plans to be part of the family he needs to communicate with us outside of huffing and puffing and silence.

After Chris stormed out everyone clapped and said that it was great that someone put that snob in his place!

Old 12-28-2015, 01:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
So the aloof snob who acts like he is better than everyone else is the winner in your eyes?

I disagree! If he plans to be part of the family he needs to communicate with us outside of huffing and puffing and silence.

After Chris stormed out everyone clapped and said that it was great that someone put that snob in his place!
What a great family moment.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:

rolling your eyes doesn't equal "aloof snob".

Asking about Politics isn't probably the wisest idea, especially if you aren't totally comfortable with someone. Hence the rolling of the eyes, most of us avoid that topic. But it's fine. I guess he didn't understand the subtle clue

Sounds like he was baited and no matter what he did, he would've been called names. Or in this case, clapped at because of the built up hostility towards him

Sounds like your family acts like a bunch of trailer trash.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:56 PM

This is one rare case where it may be wise to even cut off this extended family if it continues.

This is quite horrific and barbaric to do to anyone.

This family doesn't even sound safe for either of them

Old 12-28-2015, 02:47 PM

194 posts, read 246,334 times
It's no one else's business what his political opinions are. If I were to say I support Donald Trump, which I do, the people around me would have a meltdown.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:52 PM

The lawyer (Chris) had played the Don Draper executive role for the longest time and everytime he would leave nearly everyone said how much of a snob he was. His response to Jerry was the straw that broke the camels back.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:55 PM

This sounds like an Agatha Christie novel

Old 12-28-2015, 02:56 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
I feel sorry for Chris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships