Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 08:12 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Suck" what up? Getting a free place to live? Having a grandmother who has helped both you and your boyfriend financially for YEARS?

Has your mother offered to let you move back in with her? If so....take it. Move ASAP. It's the best offer you'll get. You have zero savings, no credit, and a work history that illustrates you will work only if you can find someone who will pay you to do exactly what you want all day and and not have to listen to anyone in authority tell you what to do.

Which eliminates 99.99999% of the jobs in the U.S.
Maybe she could be a life coach.

BWAHAHAHAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Suck" what up? Getting a free place to live? Having a grandmother who has helped both you and your boyfriend financially for YEARS?

Has your mother offered to let you move back in with her? If so....take it. Move ASAP. It's the best offer you'll get. You have zero savings, no credit, and will work only if you can find someone who will pay you to do exactly what you want all day and and not have to listen to anyone in authority tell you what to do.

Which eliminates 99.99999% of the jobs in the U.S.
Raises hand....I'll take that job please. I'm thinking it needs to pay well too right? And have generous vacation time.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Speaking of jobs...

Wasn't there a "sure thing" job that a friend was going to get you? Paid $50K, in Colorado . You were planning on quitting weed for a week or two to pass the drug test?

Whatever happened with that?

And someone had an engagement ring laying around didn't they? Just waiting for you to......use.

Last edited by maciesmom; 01-03-2016 at 09:10 PM..

Old 01-04-2016, 06:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
She was able to buy cigarettes ($200 a month) but couldn't pay a $40 speeding ticket.

She was able to buy an iPhone and pay for it also.

Hot mess doesn't describe this situation. More like cold, moldy sponge.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have an app for that for starters and I'd pee outside before I peed my pants.
Your outlook on life gets better with each response. I hope you lose the drama and start taking care of yourself. Tramadol is doing nothing for your mental, or physical motivation, plus it is highly addictive. If you think you're not addicted, stop taking Tramadol for 3 days, and see how your body reacts.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
So back story my boyfriend and I moved into my great grandmothers house that she only owns and doesn't live in. She lives 15 minutes across town with my grandmother. My grandmother handles all of her mothers stuff.
We live rent free as long as we pay the bills, keep up the house and yard and repairs. We even just installed a new dual shower head over at her house and put up the canopy she bought.
We've been doing so.

Anyways we have family in town and the other night my brother and his girlfriend came over at 3am and woke us up. Turned out to be a good thing because not long after they came over we smelled gas and there was a gas leak.

My grandmother made a snide remark about if we needed an adult to handle calling the fire department and the gas company. (We're all over 18 and two of us over 25.)
We had to have the local HVAC place come out to fix something before the gas could be turned on.
My grandmother set up an appointment with the place she's used for years and told us when to expect them. Same as when they've had to come out before . No different.
For some reason they called her to let her know they were coming. She then calls us and we're asleep, phones on vibrate. She starts wigging out because she thinks we're going to miss them. Even though she knows my dogs go crazy when anyone pulls into the driveway or knocks on the door.
Barking, running around, I sleep right by a window and my 100lbs will come sit on my head and look out the window. She KNOWS my dogs do this.
The only thing I can assume set her off was the added stress of 3 visitors staying in her house for the holidays.
Not only did she blow up my phone she took my moms car and drove across town, stormed into my house and proceeded to yell at us about something that's never been an issue before and how dare I put my phone on vibrate. Right how dare I out my phone on vibrate while I sleep. 🙄
Then told us she's selling the house by spring.

I get my name isn't on the deed but I've been paying the bills, renovated the bathroom, been shot down on all other things I've wanted to do, forced to keep decor I hate and now I can't even choose what my damn phone ringer is set on.

My family, well the 3 generations before me have major control issues, treat adults like children. My great grandmother controls and dictates what my grandmother does, she can't even get a dog because her mother is crazy and puts animals outside and doesn't care if it's the fenced in area it or not. My grandmother does it to my mom, my mom does it to me and they all three target me.

I've decided enough is enough. I'll be 27 in August. I am sick of being treated like a child.
They wouldn't even let my 21 year old brother and his girlfriend stay the night with us. It's ridiculous. They've had to sleep cramped Ina room with my mom.

Not to mention my great grandmother raging on about how she can't believe my brothers girlfriend is allowed to travel across the country with a boy. She's an adult and hasn't lived with her parents for two year or more now.

My boyfriend and I are going to move out. Whether she meant it or not. I'm gone.
I don't want to deal with it anymore. If I want to be happy and better my life anymore.
I'm drastically cutting back how much and what I allow in my life.
I let them all know I wasn't tolerating the drama, the fighting or being treated like a child.
I let my brother know that if he was going to keep being inconsiderate and making it impossible to spend time with him that I'm going to quit trying to make times to hang out work since he doesn't care or have respect.

I just want a more laid back and drama free life. They all have stuff of their own they need to sort through to be happy and I just don't want to endure the stress any longer.

I fully plan on being civil. The occasional call and text is cool. Clearly I have to keep more contact with my grandmother because some bills are paid in cash to her and we still plan on helping her and doing things she needs done.
None of them are happy and I am, I love my life. I'm young, tiny, traveling and having the time of my life. The yelling, screaming, drunken angry people are no fun. They'll find their way, my brother is still young, he's going to grow up and fly the nest. My mom will adjust to an empty nest and start living for herself. Hopefully my grandmother admits she's not capable of taking care of her mother anymore. I've led the horses to water, I'll walk away and let them figure out they need to drink.

It doesn't make me a terrible person for wanting to destress my life?
I've already got a lot on my plate dealing with my injuries from the accident. My body is already under stress from pain and being pissed at my injuries, I don't get quality sleep due to pain and discomfort. My plate is full.
Has anyone ever had to do the same?
It's called selling your soul to the devil. You want a free ride? Be prepared to pay the price.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:35 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
No I didn't.
She's never been like this before.
How I feel is I was on the receiving end of her having enough with my family.
It was unfair.

He and I had gone over, brought things by for everyone, helped cook food while no one else did anything, cleaned up after dinner while no one else helped. We were the ones sent out for food for everyone.

No one else is offering to do what we do.
No one else is offering to chip in where and how we do.
My mom tells me to get out of TN as fast as possible, not suck it up and stay.
Let's see.....
Grandma bought you a brand new car that you totaled without ever paying her back. She bought you a laptop so that you could do your school work but you never actually went to school. She gave you a place to live, rent free for three years. She offers to pay for school for your boyfriend, etc.

Then the unthinkable happens.......She has a couple of bad days and is in a bad mood after being taken advantage of by everyone in her family and :gasp: She lashes out at you. Oh no! Grandma is not allowed to talk to you like that. You've had enough and are "gone".

Grandma has given and given and given and you have taken and taken and taken. She has given you many second chances. She's struggling. Wouldn't it be nice if you could return the favor by being understanding of her situation and her feelings?

I really hope that your "threat" to move out is for real. Moving is in your best interest. Not because your Grandma was "mean" to you but because you need to be an adult and take care of yourself.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Let's see.....
Grandma bought you a brand new car that you totaled without ever paying her back. She bought you a laptop so that you could do your school work but you never actually went to school. She gave you a place to live, rent free for three years. She offers to pay for school for your boyfriend, etc.

Then the unthinkable happens.......She has a couple of bad days and is in a bad mood after being taken advantage of by everyone in her family and :gasp: She lashes out at you. Oh no! Grandma is not allowed to talk to you like that. You've had enough and are "gone".

Grandma has given and given and given and you have taken and taken and taken. She has given you many second chances. She's struggling. Wouldn't it be nice if you could return the favor by being understanding of her situation and her feelings?

I really hope that your "threat" to move out is for real. Moving is in your best interest. Not because your Grandma was "mean" to you but because you need to be an adult and take care of yourself.
And what happens when Grandma is no longer around? To bail her out and pay for things like new cars?

I know of a similar situation(not involving a house) but a 37 year old woman who has wrecked cars, driven drunk, legal issues....daddy is always there to bail her out. Problem is the father is almost 80.

What happens to these adults who don't act like adults who depend on elderly family members to always cover the freight?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What happens to these adults who don't act like adults who depend on elderly family members to always cover the freight?
I don't know but I look forward to finding out! Should be juicy.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:02 PM

769 posts, read 829,945 times
What a trainwreck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships