Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 10:22 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
But what am I going to do? Just be sad and miserable? With all the couples while I just sit there praying someone texts me
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

I am not the only one who posted that fact that the engagement party is not about you.

Quit being selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 10:24 AM

741 posts, read 478,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

I am not the only one who posted that fact that the engagement party is not about you.

Quit being selfish.
I know it isn't about me but is it worth it to make myself feel like crap?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:25 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:
I know it isn't about me but is it worth it to make myself feel like crap?
OK...

Then tell the happy couple exactly why you do not want to attend their engagement.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OK...

Then tell the happy couple exactly why you do not want to attend their engagement.
I told her I wasn't sure I would come because my relationship just ended and I don't want to be around coupled up people. I told her that when I was at her house last week, but then I started getting cute texts from the guy I had just went out with and I was like "ok I can do this, I am on the verge of having someone too!" and so I agreed to come but now I don't and I can't.

I mean realistically would it really matter if like 1 person can't come?

Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
So you are "that girl." That girl that can't be happy for somebody else.

Seriously, don't go. We had a "that girl" at our wedding, and she broke down in tears and made a scene. About a year later she decided to go nuts and send rude facebook messages to my wife and her bridesmaids.

If you can't control your emotions, just don't go.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
So you are "that girl." That girl that can't be happy for somebody else.

Seriously, don't go. We had a "that girl" at our wedding, and she broke down in tears and made a scene. About a year later she decided to go nuts and send rude facebook messages to my wife and her bridesmaids.

If you can't control your emotions, just don't go.
Hahahaha ummm ok I have emotional control. I am not going to do that, I will likely just sit there and text or play with my phone and then leave. A few other girls from my class will be there if I want to interact I can I'm sure. So no I will not be like your wife's friend who is in the corner crying lol. Realistically though have some sympathy for the girl I mean obviously she was likely going through a lot. And no I can't feel happy for her when she has been married before and obviously squandered it and now is doing it again 4 months later. Some of us just need 1 single opportunity. I would make 1 single opportunity work.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
You sound vain, needy, and desperate. I pity your friends who invited the chick who's going to sulk in the corner with her phone.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
I just am not sure that going to this party has any benefit for me?
Benefit for you? You have GOT to be kidding. No one is THAT self-centered and narcissistic.
Not everything is about you.... and this engagement party is one of those.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You sound vain, needy, and desperate. I pity your friends who invited the chick who's going to sulk in the corner with her phone.

I am not vain, I am incredibly desperate and needy though. I already know that. I wish they wouldn't invite me to stuff like that honestly.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Benefit for you? You have GOT to be kidding. No one is THAT self-centered and narcissistic.
Not everything is about you.... and this engagement party is one of those.
I don't mean it like that. I mean it will likely do more harm than help for me. Why put myself in a position that is just going to be more hurtful than it will be enjoyable and helpful? Am I actually hurting them by not going? I don't think I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships