Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 02:50 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times

Advertisements

It's harder because she is a little old lady. Can you imagine if some in their 30s did this to you? You would have no guilt. Being old is no excuse to be crazy and demanding. I mean if she can help it, she may have dementia or something.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 03:03 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,891,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
I don't care if its not Her Space.

it WAS her space.

Elderly people find change alarming threatening and life ruining

OP could be kind. People could be kind for someone who deserves a medal just for surviving so long.

But no, it seems Kind is off the menu in favor of RIGHT.
Here's an idea. Since you are all about being kind, message the OP. Set something up so you can send the money needed for the old lady to rent another space.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
The knocking has stopped for now . In the morning I am taking this note with a copy of it to the office The management doesn't live on site BUT it is so big , I think they have a fairly large staff of 25- 30 people in the office . Its REALLY big . They place we just left had like 3 at a time another had 4-5 maybe . My husband came home and was totally worn out from the new commute didn't want to deal with her tonight but will tomorrow, but I think if she continues this and I keep records of all f this craziness . I WILL call the police . I think she needs a big dose of reality .

Plus my daughter has had to take her finals with her old school over my laptop with her teachers to be able to get her fall credits and I cannot have this . The date our lease was up and the rather large rate increase collided with her finals.
For the love of god, why don't you simply have a chat with the daughter? That would clear a lot of things up.

The simplest solution is usually the best.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:17 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,010,092 times
Ill be glad to give her the address !! Ok I am off to the office now . Its only 2:16 pst

Old 01-22-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Nobody sane thinks you are being mean about this.
Actually, I think two crazy people think she is.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Ill be glad to give her the address !! Ok I am off to the office now . Its only 2:16 pst
Is there a reason you are scared to talk to the daughter about clearing everything up? You claim to be assured and self-confident with everyone else except the woman. Apparently, you aren't so self-assured after all. Otherwise a quick conversation with the daughter would probably be the most expedient thing to do. It would also give you a much better explanation of what is going on.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:39 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,094,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
If it was a piece of owned property fair enough. But its just a rental, and the lady is willing to pay for the garaging. How much longer can she need it? Seriously? Most people are dead by 85!
Average life expectancy in the US for an 85 year old female is about 3.5 years.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:41 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,010,092 times
YES Just A Guy , I dont care to go to jail right now .

If I talk to them right now there will be an explosion . As Sean said it is NOT safe for me to talk to them alone as all sorts of allegations could be made against me . I pushed her , was mean to her etc . I WILL say this . I just got back from the office , There is another note ON MY DOOR that I refuse to read because I am about to stroke out AND HER CAR IS NOW IN MY COVERED SPACE AND HER DAUGHTERS CAR IS IN THEIR COVERED SPACE I told them what is going on , the pounding the notes and now in my space . This got their attn . I am MAD and very anxious . They say their internet is down and they will be calling her daughter and that I shouldn't be going through this . I am wondering If I should get my OTHER brother in California to call her at the number she left . He had the same thing happen that Sean had happen to a friend of his and doesn't want me in trouble . Tonight if she bangs once I am calling the law .

I am so freaking mad at the moment I could put a sledgehammer through her windshield . I am shaking like a LEAF I am so angry.

My husband had to take my car today as our other is in the shop .

Old 01-22-2016, 03:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,102,689 times
Quote:

If I talk to them right now there will be an explosion . As Sean said it is NOT safe for me to talk to them alone as all sorts of allegations could be made against me . I pushed her , was mean to her etc . I WILL say this . I just got back from the office , There is another note ON MY DOOR that I refuse to read because I am about to stroke out AND HER CAR IS NOW IN MY COVERED SPACE AND HER DAUGHTERS CAR IS IN THEIR COVERED SPACE I told them what is going on , the pounding the notes and now in my space . This got their attn . I am MAD and very anxious . They say their internet is down and they will be calling her daughter and that I shouldn't be going through this . I am wondering If I should get my OTHER brother in California to call her at the number she left . He had the same thing happen that Sean had happen to a friend of his and doesn't want me in trouble . Tonight if she bangs once I am calling the law .

I am so freaking mad at the moment I could put a sledgehammer through her windshield . I am shaking like a LEAF I am so angry .
So sorry you are going through this. Moving is stressful enough as it is. I bet she told her daughter that you said it was ok.

Old 01-22-2016, 03:48 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,109,197 times
Quote:

I am so freaking mad at the moment I could put a sledgehammer through her windshield . I am shaking like a LEAF I am so angry .
If I was in the management office I would have her car towed.
OP I cannot believe you are having to deal with this issue and not even one week moved in.
I hope the management office gets it straightened out for good this time but I seriously would not hesitate to call the police and if she starts banging on the door again, record it and if you can ask who it is through the door without opening the door and hope she responds with her name.
This is just the craziest thing I have read in a while, humans are getting crazier by the second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships