Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 06:47 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnidroid View Post
A life lived alone is just as fulfilling and even better than a life filled with friends and memories.
Yeah. Suuuuuuure it is! Ask anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 05:24 PM

1,364 posts, read 126,423 times
[quote=patheticpeter;42785856]I'm 22 and all I do is play video games in my parents' basement. I don't even play mainstream games so I can't talk about those. I have hing to talk about to people. I couldn't make friends even at college which is suppose to be the easiest time of your life. I don't think I'm autistic, I just can't relate to the majority of the population. The only people I can relate to are other forever alones on the internet. We just talk about depressing stuff like how hopeless life is and stuff. I can't talk about that to people in real life. What do I do?? What do I talk about?[/QUOTE

That's your problem. You don't put in the effort to make new friends. You say you play around with your video games in your parents basement. How are you going to make friends like that?

My advice to You is that if you want to make friends and meet new people, you are going to have to put the effort into it. They aren't going to come up on your doorstep and ask to be friends with you. How can people be friends with you if they don't know you exist?

P.S.- I'd stop talking about depressing stuff if I were you. People are attracted to people who are happy and focus on the positives in life. So if you are considering making friends, I'd stop talking negatively if I was you.

But Hey Man, do what Ya' please. I'm just here to help you.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-30-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 02-01-2016, 02:04 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,633,360 times
Take a break from playing video games, get a job, go to college if you haven't already. You can meet people in college and make friends easier this way. Eventually, save some money and purchase a car so you can live on your own. Hopefully it works out for you.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:57 AM

12,772 posts, read 14,978,563 times
The main way to try making friends is of course getting out there & doing things, otherwise how are you going to meet people being in the basement 24/7 or maybe you go out every day to get the mail or something, but that's obviously not enough.

You're a young guy at 22. HOW did you get such a cynical, depressing, pessimistic, sad view of people & society already? When someone asked you where your parents are, you said probably regretting having kids. Why this kind of attitude?

I'm guessing they are either the very busy types w/ their jobs, etc. & even though they had you, they have no time to dedicate to spending time w/ their child. Maybe they always pawned you off to a babysitter while you were growing up, etc. Everything else is more important than their child. Never said I love you & taught you values & about having good self esteem.

OR

They have the time & they're just some messed up, loser parents who don't know how to interact with you, never did anything with you, never took you places when you were a child & growing up, etc. Never said I love you & taught you values & about having good self esteem.

Am I right with any of this? Do you have siblings?

You need to make a change & get out there & be productive & do something to contribute to society. Stop letting life pass you by!

I'm more concerned that you're wasting your life away in your parents' basement than the whole friend situation.

I never really had friends really throughout life. Maybe one a few various times in my life & I'm not talking about close friends, but just someone to hang out w/ every so often.

Here's some ideas to not only meet people, but enhance YOUR life:

- join a gym & work out...a guy of your age is often interested in stay in shape...not saying you need to be Mr. Olympia, but work out somewhat & you'll probably start meeting other guys real soon
- join a church & start going regularly
- join groups or clubs for other like-minded people (video game enthusiasts, etc.)
- get a job, maybe two!
- go back to school
- most guys your age are into cars & working on them...does any of that interest you?
- take up a hobby or two: rock climbing, art, golf, cycling, photography, etc.
- do volunteer work if you cant find a job right away...be productive at a homeless shelter or something
- when you have enough money, move out soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships