Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:42 AM

633 posts, read 640,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sorry to say, but...
If everyone hates you... it really must be you!

I am older and I have plenty of younger friends. I even mentor 20 and 30 somethings.
Yes, I am not friends with every single woman with whom I cross paths. But there is ZERO hate.

But you having that level of hate with everyone seriously points to you.
yeah, I'm going to point to this one. I'll be the first to admit that I've seen firsthand how women can be catty and competitive with each other in a way that men are not, especially in the workplace and especially with someone younger or more attractive that reminds them of the passage of time.

But your example goes way beyond this. Coworkers can be bitchy and clique-y, but your teachers aren't competing with you in any realistic sense. Your ex boyfriend's mother isn't competing with you in any realistic sense.

It's far more likely that as a young woman you're coming off as oblivious, self absorbed, and irritating, and don't realize it. Don't take it personally it's practically an epidemic at that age. Its rare that people will TELL you this to your face because most people avoid confrontation, but it might be worth speaking to a neutral third party (like say, a counselor or mentor) that might be able to give you some insight.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 AM

9,288 posts, read 14,899,623 times
Kathy, I don't buy your premise that "all older women hate you for no reason".

If some actually do, there is some reason(s) and you probably have a good indication of what it is- you're just not telling us.

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
I think you're hoping to be told in here that it must be because you're -so- hot.

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
KK, you are probably very fit and nice looking and they hate you for it.
Every female teacher hates her for being fit and nice looking?
In what universe?

Old 02-02-2016, 10:48 AM

633 posts, read 640,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Every female teacher hates her for being fit and nice looking?
In what universe?
Hell, statistically 1 out of 10 or so would LOVE her!

Old 02-02-2016, 10:51 AM

10 posts, read 25,384 times
My father didn't have the money to spoil my siblings and I growing up, he is a great father because he made the best of his situation and is very loving. I just want to emphasize that I have never went out of my way to be rude or mean to ANY of women I am talking about above. They have always been the ones who made the first move to bash me. The reason I am asking this question is because it is not all older women have treated me like this, most elderly women like I mentioned have been very kind and loving towards me. I have many female friends in their 70s and 80s. Look, it has never been my intention to look for a second mom, I was never clingy or anything like that. My intentions were to either make acquaintance or friends with the women in question but it has never ended well. I am just frustrated with my situation because I work with a lot of middle aged women and I am just tired of being the center focus of gossip.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:51 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Women get along better with men than other women. There is always some kind of rivalry. The way they look, dress, jewelry they wear or cars they drive. If there is an age difference then looks is certainly part of it.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:52 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
You are either overstating the conflicts you have or seriously misjudging your own contributions to the problems.

Your story lacks verisimilitude.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:02 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
I have never experienced what you describe.

The fact that you are the common denominator in all these situations suggests to me that you should examine your own behavior for clues. I would start with labeling other people who have more conservative values than you as feeling morally superior. Surely, if you are perceiving that attitude you are projecting it outwards.

Maybe you should try joining an activity where more liberal women hang out. Its an election year. Volunteer for one of the liberal candidates.

I'm sorry you never really had the mothering that you needed; this is the kind of issue that is best worked on in therapy imo. It might go a long way to helping you resolve whatever feelings you have around this issue. And, you will become less needy of maternal advice. The paradox could be you will find more people stepping up to give it. I would seriously consider that you may be putting off some negative vibe to these women that is really about negative feelings you feel too guilty to express about your own mother.

I would also think about the level of drama you bring to these interactions. Lots of teens/young adults have lots of drama going on. Lots of middle age women either simply don't do drama or have enough other drama in their own lives that they aren't taking on more. You may need someone objective to help you assess this as it can be hard to see by yourself.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:07 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
OP, do you think you might have a personality disorder of some sort? Your experience seems to be a perception problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships