Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:12 AM

10 posts, read 25,374 times

Advertisements

I can't be the only who has noticed this animosity that a lot of middle aged women have towards younger women( specifically those in their teens and twenties.) To give you a little background on myself, my mother died of breast cancer when I was thirteen, and never saw much of her growing up since she was in out of mental health institutions all her life. I have grown up with my father who is a wonderful men, but I have always tried to seek out women around his age for friendship since I never saw much of my own mother. My father, like I said is wonderful but there were certain things I never talked to him about growing up that made me uncomfortable, I always felt if I had more female guidance growing up then I would have had easier time making it through middle school and high school.

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc. It is stranger because elderly women specifically those over 75 seem to love me and are very maternal. Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly. For instances I volunteered at a retirement home over the summer, and my coworkers were mostly middle aged women and they were awful! They spread lies about me, trashed me behind my back and always made rude /curt comments about my appearance. I literally bended over backwards to please these women so they would stop trashing me behind my back but it seemed no matter what I did I was always an example of what is wrong with my "generation." All my middle aged female teachers I had growing up use to make disparaging comments about how awful younger women are and how we are all bunch of spoiled rotten entitled brats and were generally emotionally abusive. I remember one time one of my teachers called me a **** in front of the whole class because I wore a top on hot day with spaghetti straps. Nearly all my dad's gfs have emotionally abused me and made me feel like an awful person about myself. All my boyfriends' mothers have hated me, honestly it seems as though women with sons are the worse, they all seem to have this delusional belief that no women especially younger women is good enough for their special snowflake son . I have had more women in this age group spread malicious lies about me, make disparaging comments about my appearance, and just in general treat me like garbage then women my own age!

So all I am asking is, why? I know I am not the only one who has experienced this because my female friends report the same thing. Do women become more socially conservative when they get older therefor look down on younger women because they think they are too liberal? When I worked at the retirement home I made many friends with women in their 70s and 80s who were absolute angels to me and very kind/maternal like my grandmothers. Why do women in their 40s-50s have such a false sense of moral superiority that they think they can trash younger women for not living up to their moral standards, since they were all such virginal innocent angels when they were younger . I am not exaggerating my situation, I get along great with women/men of all ages, race, and religions, its just middle aged women that I have never got along with and I can't seem to figure out why.

Last edited by KathyKathy; 02-02-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 02-02-2016, 10:17 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I can't be the only who has noticed this animosity that a lot of middle aged women have towards younger women( specifically those in their teens and twenties.) To give you a little background on myself, my mother died of breast cancer when I was thirteen, and never saw much of her growing up since she was in out of mental health institutions all her life. I have grown up with my father who is a wonderful men, but I have always tried to seek out women around his age for friendship since I never saw much of my own mother. My father, like I said is wonderful but there were certain things I never talked to him about growing up that made me uncomfortable, I always felt if I had more female guidance growing up then I would have had easier time making it through middle school and high school.

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc. It is stranger because elderly women specifically those over 75 seem to love me and are very maternal. Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly. For instances I volunteered at a retirement home over the summer, and my coworkers were mostly middle aged women and they were awful! They spread lies about me, trashed me behind my back and always made rude /curt comments about my appearance. I literally bended over backwards to please these women so they would stop trashing me behind my back but it seemed no matter what I did I was always an example of what is wrong with my "generation." All my middle aged female teachers I had growing up use to make disparaging comments about how awful younger women are and how we are all bunch of spoiled rotten entitled brats and were generally emotional abusive. I remember one time one of my teachers called me a **** in front of the whole class because I wore top on hot day with spaghetti straps. Nearly all my dad's gfs have emotional abused me and made me feel like an awful person about myself. All my boyfriends' mothers have hated me, honestly it seems as though women with sons are the worse, they all seem to have this delusional belief that no women especially younger women is good enough for their special snowflake son . I have had more women in this age group spread malicious lies about me, make disparaging comments about my appearance, and just in general treat me like garbage then women my own age!

So all I am asking is, why? I know I am not the only one who has experienced this because my female friends report the same thing. Do women become more socially conservative when they get older therefor look down on younger women because they think they are too liberal? When I worked at the retirement home I made many friends with women in their 70s and 80s who were absolute angels to me and very kind/maternal like my grandmothers. Why do women in their 40s-50s have such a false sense of moral superiority that they think they can trash younger women for not living up to their moral standards, since they were all such virginal innocent angels when they were younger . I am not exaggerating my situation, I get along great with women/men of all ages, race, and religions, its just middle aged women that I have never got along with and can't seem to figure out why.

Uhm. I don't know, maybe it is your attitude? Or do you look mean/aggressive/BRF ...?

I am not befriending younger women usually, but I don't hate them or show them disapproval if they are behaving normally. I often don't get their drama and attitude but I keep out of it. Many younger women are bi tchy, nasty, and princessy, so yeah, they don't get love from me. But if you behave normally, then I am friendly.

And I only get a bit of catiness (right spelling?) from other women if their man is around.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:23 AM

22,560 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc.
Sorry to say, but...
If everyone hates you... it really must be you!

I am older and I have plenty of younger friends. I even mentor 20 and 30 somethings.
Yes, I am not friends with every single woman with whom I cross paths. But there is ZERO hate.

But you having that level of hate with everyone seriously points to you.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:23 AM

10 posts, read 25,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Uhm. I don't know, maybe it is your attitude? Or do you look mean/aggressive/BRF ...?

I am not befriending younger women usually, but I don't hate them or show them disapproval if they are behaving normally. I often don't get their drama and attitude but I keep out of it. Many younger women are bi tchy, nasty, and princessy, so yeah, they don't get love from me. But if you behave normally, then I am friendly.

And I only get a bit of catiness (right spelling?) from other women if their man is around.
I have never ever been rude or mean to any of women above, in fact I have gone out of my way to please them but nothing seems to work.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:26 AM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I have never either, I am 53. I like younger women, try to share wisdom with them. OP, do you get along well with all other groups, including your own age? I have never heard of this behavior, and none of my friends my age dislike younger women. Are you maybe trying too hard to push yourself into their lives? Maybe they feel you are needy?

Old 02-02-2016, 10:30 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
I have grown up with my father who is a wonderful men

I'm just venturing a guess, but did your daddy spoil you? If so, you might not even realize that you are coming across in a certain way. Or it could be that you are so needy for a maternal influence that you wind up pushy those people away with your neediness.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:31 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
KK, you are probably very fit and nice looking and they hate you for it. You probably don't have kids either, so they are dismissive to you about that... no wonder so many younger women feel they MUST have kids or they won't get respect from mothers.

I've seen it probably a hundred times in the workplace - married women with kids fall to pieces when John, the CEO, has more time for younger girls like you than them.

Just keep doing you, this is all too common.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:37 AM

540 posts, read 652,894 times
Because they know their husbands lust after them.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:39 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
That's a LOT of hate, OP. Very puzzling.

EVERY SINGLE middle age woman you ever encountered HATED you????

Really?

Old 02-02-2016, 10:42 AM

22,560 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's a LOT of hate, OP. Very puzzling.

EVERY SINGLE middle age woman you ever encountered HATED you????

Really?
... and EVERY SINGLE female teacher!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships