Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2021, 02:38 PM

3,095 posts, read 2,000,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I got either food poisoning, or the flu last Sunday. I’m thinking to myself...... well, at least I’ll probably lose a few pounds. Can someone explain how with a week of the trots, and a mainly liquid diet, a person wouldn’t lose a single pound?
Sorry to hear you've been ill, GA & I hope you're completely well by now.

I understand. Once had pneumonia & drank nothing but 2 freshly juiced grapefruits/day for 11-days. 11-days. 11. Lost not one pound. Not even 1/2-lb. Not an ounce. What?! How is that even possible?!!

For me, purging my mind... my 89-yr old mum, who is 1,200-mi away, was admitted to a Covid ward last evening. She has a rare form of leukemia, has elevated heart enzymes (have yet to figure out if that means she had a heart attack, is having one or had one recently, cuz they won't give info to anyone without Ma's approval & she's sleeping), has a host of other issues like pain from chronic UTI's (normal with her type of cancer) & after admission & a test, they discovered she's got Covid.

No one can see her, of course. She's on a Covid ward. The Contrarian Octogenarian is so stubborn, she won't admit that she can no longer live independently... she's in her own apt. In any event... once I speak with her, I'll try my best to convince her she needs to live with one of her kids... I don't care which at this point... but, she can't continue to live like this.

Lots more going on, but... Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! If you've got a sweetheart, consider yourself lucky & enjoy. For the rest of us, get out, take a walk & enjoy the holiday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 03:14 PM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Oh no, hope your mum recovers quickly!

Old 02-07-2021, 06:12 PM

6,862 posts, read 4,860,189 times
I hope your mother receivers - and quickly!

Old 02-08-2021, 10:39 AM

I received spam at my CD mail today. This has never happened to me before. I hope it's not going to become a thing.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:44 PM

Thank you kindly, GA & E-T.

On a fluke, I reached my mum by phone today, but we didn't stay on even a full minute. She's been on morphine for 2-days, but sounds like she's still in awful pain... I don't know how that's possible. She couldn't even answer simple q's like how is she feeling. She's not expected to leave the hospital, as per my brother. At 89, being realistic, this is not so surprising, but it's distressing for her that she has to go through this alone, with no family.

I did ask if she wanted me to drive there (it's a 3-day drive), so I could start out now, but she gave a firm, 'No! They won't let you in, stay there.' So, what can we do... place our faith in her caregivers, hold peaceful thoughts for her & light novenas.

Closer to home, I was offered a new job a week ago & before I could start, my boss passed away from Covid, so I feel like I'm in some black hole. I would have been the only employee, so it's not a situation where I can find something else within the company. I called his wife to say I was sorry & she literally screeched at me... don't know what she was thinking... so, I'll just move on.

Just keep reminding myself that all could be worse, even though I'm cleaning up today from my 3rd flood & 13th maintenance visit in 6-wks for all kinds of issues... this time, the water ruined a lot of my things (papers, books, pics)... I just moved in for goodness sake. Again, reminder... it gets better.

I'm not even upset about anything, which is odd... I just feel stupidly numb, tingly & floaty (I have periods where I can't tell if I'm awake or dreaming), have periods of resisting wanting to burst out laughing like a lunatic (WTValhalla is that all about?!) & my head & back of my neck feel like they're on fire.

I wanted to begin walking again, but twice over the past few weeks, I fell over nothing outside, how humiliating. I was walking & couldn't feel my feet moving. Didn't slip or trip, just flat out found myself on the ground. I even fell asleep sitting up in a counter chair 2-wks ago, turned over (cuz I'm a side sleeper) & fell backwards & on top of the chair. Lol... next day, I screwed the chair back together... didn't break it but fell so hard I plum knocked some of the screws out. Jeez... fortunately I was in a deep sleep, cuz although I was sore, bruised & swollen, I didn't have any cuts or damage to any bones. Just hurt my butt & my pride!

Well, at 5:30pm, I'm off to bed. I'm fine, just need sleep. Have busy days ahead, so I'll be glad for the extra rest.

Hope everyone has a great week... things always eventually get better.

E-T... did you forward your spam mail to a mod? That's very odd.

Hope you're all better, GA. Be well.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:28 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I hope everyone is feeling better.

I've gotten food poisonings before and it was the best weight loss action for me, lol.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:02 PM

Default Mum's improved...

Since people have been so kind to ask, I'll update my mum post.

Looks like she's making a miraculous recovery. When first admitted 1-wk ago, they told us to prepare for the worst as she wouldn't exit the hospital. Amazing at age 89, she proving them wrong... strong eastern EU genes, that one... don't underestimate the power of my 4'11" mum.

In 1-wk's time, after surgery no less, she's still in ICU, but, sitting up & eating for 2-3 days, on just a bit of oxygen (whatever that means... both sisters are nurses, so I get info filtered through them via my oldest brother) & they're talking about sending her to an in-house rehab facility soon for a couple of weeks. One sister even said she was joking around yesterday, so that's great news & unusual for my mum, believe me.

With rehab, I'm assuming that means they'll be giving her strength exercises/physical therapy, so she can stand & lift herself on her own? She's lost that ability over the past few weeks. The unfortunate thing is the Contrarian Octogenarian will assume that means she can continue to live on her own. She can't.

With a Covid diagnosis, I don't know how they can send her to another facility, but maybe they mean after she's off oxygen or there have been xx amount of days since the diagnosis? Right now, I've only spoken to her for less than 1-min... her breathing is off & her voice is so forced, I cannot recognize it... if I weren't calling her cell, I'd think I had the wrong number... I don't want to force her to talk.

So, cheers for asking. She's a hearty one... she won't go 1 second before she wants to, I assure you.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:14 PM

Do any of you use any discussion forums besides CD? I was looking at the Delphi forums. It seems difficult to navigate.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:53 PM

453 posts, read 120,091 times
Hi there. I just saw this thread for the first time. I'm a fellow chatter!

A good weekend to all!

Old 09-10-2021, 02:54 PM

453 posts, read 120,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Do any of you use any discussion forums besides CD? I was looking at the Delphi forums. It seems difficult to navigate.
I used to use one but quit posting there because of meanness by some members. It seemed to be an ongoing thing there and got old fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships