Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 01:14 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Catholics actually raised as Catholics do not say "Sunday school". "Sunday school" is a very Protestant term. My guess is that the Church deliberately shunned the term.

Moreover, Catholics are required to attend Mass on Sundays and other holy days. The OP doesn't mention attending Mass or any type of church service at all IIRC, only that she attends Sunday school and is "active in her church", whatever that means.

Sorry, but you can't truly have a vocation to become something without understanding all of what that choice means. You can not become a nun without being a practicing Catholic. The OP isn't one. At best she's a confused adolescent who needs some serious counseling ... at worst, he/she/it is a troll.
I was recently told in a conversation (by born and raised Catholics) that it's Sunday School to Catholics and CCD is obviously not Catholic since it has the word "Christian" in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 01:17 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I was recently told in a conversation (by born and raised Catholics) that it's Sunday School to Catholics and CCD is obviously not Catholic since it has the word "Christian" in it.
Your friends are incorrect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confra...stian_Doctrine

It was CCD waaaay back when I attended, and was still CCD when my kids did.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:06 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:

Wrong. Never ever heard it referred to as Sunday School.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:47 PM

10 posts, read 7,283 times
Religion is becoming a thing of the past. The world is moving in one direction and your beliefs might be holding you back.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:52 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupersan View Post
Religion is becoming a thing of the past. The world is moving in one direction and your beliefs might be holding you back.
It's not a thing of the past to me and might be holding me back from what? I'm old, retired and don't care.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:05 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyFancy View Post
Thank you King of the South for your advice. I already informed my school counselor about my Biology's teacher's behavior, nothing was done. I suspect because my school counselor is friends with my Biology teacher( I have seen them eat lunch together often) which is why nothing was done about it. I will try again though.

I have to ask what happen to honoring and respecting those who choose to serve God? I fear for future children who wish to serve God but are discouraged by bullies. What a sad world we live in today.
Since you haven't been back in pages...I'll just say, "IF you ever come back to read this...."

I am not religious, but I was brought up in a household that made me go to church, and I actually do remember what was taught.

So going with that, and because you ARE religious, let me ask you this:

Do you think that maybe this could be one of your first tests?

Old 03-03-2016, 01:15 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
I feel that we really don't know the entire story here. And I say that as a person of faith.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:17 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I feel that we really don't know the entire story here. And I say that as a person of faith.
This post is by a troll...

Old 03-04-2016, 05:00 AM

854 posts, read 585,659 times
I'm going to be honest: I personally wouldn't dislike you and I think it's wrong to bully you or openly mock you, but I probably would not want to be your friend because I don't like/share your values. We'd have nothing in common and I couldn't be myself around you so what would be the point?

Old 03-04-2016, 04:47 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
You do realize that Catholics are Christians, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships