Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 11:18 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattangirl View Post
Not true at all.
Tell me you can find a guy attractive if he lives with his parents and does not have a steady job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 11:52 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,261,235 times
Guys have it easier than women do. Guys usually get better looking with age....at least up to a point.

Women are said to be headed steadily downhill once they reach the age of 30.

Which means I may as well, at 48, just sew the thing up

Old 03-08-2016, 12:31 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Tell me you can find a guy attractive if he lives with his parents and does not have a steady job.
If they are in their 20's, sure. Maybe some into their 30's....keeping in mind that some guys in those situations have um.....alternative income.

There's a segment that love "bad boys" like if they barely work and play in a band. After repeated burnings that segment shrinks...but even then they occasionally pull a "Sandra Bullock" and....get burned again.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:40 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
So there appears to be a general agreement that I will be fine. Good to know. But there is one thing I want to address that I hear often...

I really can't stand this "women just want a guy with humor" meme. I suggest you read this Women Say They Want a Guy With a Sense of Humor. They Don't

Yes, I am sure that having a nice personality is important if you want your lady to stick around AFTER YOU HAVE GOTTEN HER, but let's be honest here, women are JUST as shallow as men are when it comes to looks, if not even more so.
Oh my goodness. The shallowness, vapidity, inexperience, sexual frustration and YOUTH - behind this and all of the OPs posts are enough to make me shake my head and weep.

My dear boy:

It's true in general that *most* young women go through a brief but wildly experimental phase in their early 20s. Like anybody plotting their course to adulthood, they want to try on different personalities, indulge in sex and get an idea of their preferences thereof, and imbibe of alcohol and perhaps a few other enhancing substances, before settling down.

And at your age, I'm sure there are still a few immature females out there who automatically glom on to the best looking guys in the room.

It's a phase. Be patient. It will pass.

Young women have to learn first-hand a few life lessons. Namely, that if good looks are not combined with a good heart, it is time to move on.

FWIW - In my younger days, I attracted a fair share of really good looking guys. None of them were "out of my league," but none of them ever had any potential for me either. They all shared the following characteristics:

1. Narcissism and extreme self involvement. Listening to a guy talk about himself for hours on end got really old, really fast.

2. Jealous/possessive. Yawn.

3. An unearned sense of entitlement: The attitude that they could get away with gross transgressions and disrespectful behavior simply because they were good looking. IE - constantly being late or no-shows to a party or date; general irresponsibility (including but not limited to money). Promiscuous infidelity (after making assurances of exclusivity and extracting the same from me). Ugh.

Let's throw away any notion that you're looking for a long-term relationship. You just want a few casual hookups with really good looking girl? Fine.

Work on your confidence.

It doesn't matter how good-looking you are - if a girl (especially a pretty girl) senses you are at all insecure about yourself, she will smell it on you, and run the other way.

FYI, using comedians like Gilbert Godfrey isn't really an honest example of a "sense of humor." Comedians tend to be wildly insecure and kind of mean, neither of which are attractive to women. I might laugh at Godfrey's jokes from the audience, but in a real-world context his humor would make me uncomfortable.

A sense of humor means the ability to laugh at oneself or at situations and keeping a "glass half-full" perspective.

You still have some work to do, young grasshopper. Good luck to you.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:47 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Guys have it easier than women do. Guys usually get better looking with age....at least up to a point.

Women are said to be headed steadily downhill once they reach the age of 30.

Which means I may as well, at 48, just sew the thing up
Guys have it much harder than women at younger ages, then it levels out typically in the 30's....then it swings in favor of the guys. *In General*.

The other general truth is that the people of more average looks that keep themselves in good shape can actually move up compared to their peers over the years.

Not taking care of yourself, smoking, drinking etc. starts to take a heavy toll in the 30's and on.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:06 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,872 times
Yeah well im 50 about to go on a Road trip with a busted up 51 who is more like 80 physically due to work related injury, but has the X of a 19 year old so I cant wait to get my hands on that scrawny old bod.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:07 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Guys have it much harder than women at younger ages, then it levels out typically in the 30's....then it swings in favor of the guys. *In General*.

The other general truth is that the people of more average looks that keep themselves in good shape can actually move up compared to their peers over the years.

Not taking care of yourself, smoking, drinking etc. starts to take a heavy toll in the 30's and on.

ita

every year you work out, eat right, don't do bad intoxicants when young, buys you an extra year of youth when you're older.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:40 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
OMG Jeff Beck is THE HOTTEST 71 year old EVER !!!! He just plays guitar and from the looks of it does not body build !
Sean Connery , well over 80 .. LAWD !!

For me a man's attractiveness goes hand in hand with admiration - what they have accomplished how their peers see them etc . I think that's why I prefer older and not younger .

Old 03-08-2016, 04:24 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
My father is 84. He's still trying to get laid on a regular basis.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:32 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
I am turning 25 years old later this month and I started bodybuilding 2 months ago. I am doing so for more reasons than just looking good (working out and eating healthy is so much work that nobody can really do it in the long-term if they don't enjoy the lifestyle), but obviously looking good never makes you feel worse lol.

But I was wondering, since I am starting just now am I too late to the party when it comes to attracting women? I am slightly fat currently (but not very, I am 185cm tall and weight 75kg) and I imagine it will probably take at least 2-3 years to get a fairly good looking body (note that I said GOOD LOOKING, not huge/bulky). By then I will 27-28 years old. Only 2-3 years away from 30...

Have I missed my chance to impress the ladies by starting out so late or am I still cool? At what age do men generally just stop existing in the eyes of women?
As far as working out is concerned, make sure that there is cardio training in with the weight training. As far as age is concerned, there are a lot of fine thirty eight year old women out there that won't hesitate to date a forty five year old man who is in good shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships