Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 09:12 PM

57 posts, read 50,837 times

Advertisements

I would just ask her on the way out after bowling. You said you are going in a group? Maybe offer to walk her to her car or something and ask her. That way, if she does say no you don't have to have an awkward evening.

I didn't think promposals were a thing! I thought that was just on TV. I have only been out of high school 11 years! I went to senior prom when I was a junior. My neighbor who drove me home asked me to go with him as his friend. He was driving me home and right before we pulled in my driveway he said "Would you like to go to prom?" and I said yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 07:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
I feel for boys nowadays. The pressure to be cutesy and original over a high school dance is completely stupid.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:23 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,235,236 times
Same goes for marriage proposals, which I guess promposals spun off of. I don't think anything beats an intimate talk that includes an invitation.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:30 AM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I intend on asking her as friends just because it would mean the most to me if the girl I was closest to outside my family went with me, and I don't want to ruin our friendship with anything romantic.
If she's not your girlfriend and you don't want her to be, then there's really no reason not to keep things simple. Just ask her as a friend.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:40 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,643,202 times
Quote:
We are never alone, always with other friends. Would it be better to pull her aside and ask her or ask her over the phone?
Sure. Ask her to go with you to buy snacks or, as another poster suggested, just walk her out to her car and ask her. Calling her and asking her would also work -- CALL, not text. :-)

Old 03-06-2016, 12:58 PM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I feel for boys nowadays. The pressure to be cutesy and original over a high school dance is completely stupid.
It's the same with those jackasses that propose marriage at ball games via those big screens. There are YouTube clips all over the place that show those and some show the guy getting rejected.

Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be all around. Embarrassing for both parties.

IDK, I'm kind of a private and more reserved guy in real life and that shyt just isn't my style.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:22 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,612,796 times
Quote:
I intend on asking her as friends just because it would mean the most to me if the girl I was closest to outside my family went with me, and I don't want to ruin our friendship with anything romantic.
Ok, now I KNOW you are just punking us.

I'm sure you already know that those big production 'promposals' are always a step towards, and a cry for, 'intimacy', not a way to get a platonic friend to stay a platonic friend.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:41 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,396,200 times
So you will be 20 years old by the time prom comes around and she will be 25? That sounds legit.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:16 PM

820 posts, read 966,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink and Purple View Post
I would just ask her on the way out after bowling. You said you are going in a group? Maybe offer to walk her to her car or something and ask her. That way, if she does say no you don't have to have an awkward evening.

I didn't think promposals were a thing! I thought that was just on TV. I have only been out of high school 11 years! I went to senior prom when I was a junior. My neighbor who drove me home asked me to go with him as his friend. He was driving me home and right before we pulled in my driveway he said "Would you like to go to prom?" and I said yes.
I think it would be a good bet to do it afterwards, but she doesn't take her own car to bowling. She comes with 2 other people since they live on the same street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships