U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 12:04 PM

18,667 posts, read 16,644,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsupBruh View Post
I'm a 25 yr old male living in the Bay Area, I have a job and I'm volunteering at two non-profit organizations. I've graduated from college and will plan to go to grad school next year. My problem is, my life feels boring and it seems to repeat itself everyday. I work and volunteer, and then I finish off the day by going to the gym and then go home and relax. My social life is basically non existent, I feel like I have no friends, and nobody every gives me a call or text unless they need something. Never had a girlfriend, online dating is not really getting me anywhere. I feel an inner frustration and I don't know what to do about it. It feels like I am stuck and suffocating. I'm just unsure of my life's purpose and where I am headed to in life. I never really get invited to anywhere. I can get extremely envious of seeing other people's lives outside, and in social media. Everyone seems to always have an abundance of friends and things to do and seem happy and have a significant other who cares about them. I have always been rejected by women, the "friends" I had were all fake, and I experienced a lot of shortcomings in my life. Sometimes I just don't feel motivated to get out of bed and would rather just sleep all day, I constantly feel fatigued and tired and dazed. Does anyone else feel this way? I want to turn my life around! I'm tired of being a loser!
You suffer from depression. Plain and simple. It's a chemical process in your brain that is causing your negative thoughts and distorted, black-and-white thinking (see above).

Those thought and perceptions are NOT real.

Research depression treatments (natural and pharmaceutical) and get to work on improving your mood and changing your perceptions. That is LITERALLY all you need to do, and then I promise, it will all come together for you.

When you are feeling better, start reaching out to people and inviting them to do stuff, instead of waiting to be invited. Plan a happy hour meet up, host a dinner party, get together a 5K team and run a charity race.

Be thankful that you have so much good stuff going on in your life!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 01:59 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,825,423 times
Aside from the possibility of a mental/emotional issue, it could also be a physical issue, like:

obesity
a thyroid problem or other gland-based disorder
hepatitis
diabetes
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
etc
etc

Before approaching this from a mental problem standpoint, express your physical symptoms to an Internist. If you have ever had tattoos or piercings, ever dabbled with IV drugs or been in a situation where you came/could have come into blood to blood contact with someone or something - get tested for hepatitis B and C. Sometimes sharing a razor or toothbrush with someone just once is enough to transmit a nasty virus.

There are plenty of medical reasons to be experiencing severe fatigue, and all of them can effect the way you view society at large by effecting your mental and emotional state as a by-product of the disease.

Sometimes just stepping out into the sunshine and fresh air can change the way your day is going. Again, not mental but a vitamin D deficiency and/or lack of oxygen to the brain.

Best wishes!

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 03-12-2016 at 02:09 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships