Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 04:07 AM

3,434 posts, read 2,610,422 times

Advertisements

If the spouse is murdered, I believe you had a hand in it until established otherwise. If murdered, it will mostly be by someone that you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 07:05 AM

26,687 posts, read 41,580,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Let's say your BF/GF/spouse had a tiring Saturday morning and has lain down for a nap. You go to Costco to fetch your loved one more of the organic orange juice he or she loves, plus a few other things. When you return, you unload your purchases and walk quietly upstairs to check.

Only you find him or her in a pool of blood, lifeless. You call 911.

It's only later that in your dazed condition you realize you are a suspect. The police question you, making it clear they don't believe your story. You know there are some friends and family that will support you unconditionally, but you also know there are some who might not.

Who would think you'd done it?
I think at least half of my friends would believe I did it. Most of them know I have anger issues and a temper.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:00 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,239,713 times
Quote:
Let's say your BF/GF/spouse had a tiring Saturday morning and has lain down for a nap. You go to Costco to fetch your loved one more of the organic orange juice he or she loves, plus a few other things. When you return, you unload your purchases and walk quietly upstairs to check.

Only you find him or her in a pool of blood, lifeless. You call 911.

It's only later that in your dazed condition you realize you are a suspect. The police question you, making it clear they don't believe your story. You know there are some friends and family that will support you unconditionally, but you also know there are some who might not.

Who would think you'd done it?
Everyone.

And they would be right.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:05 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,011,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
We do a lot of hiking in mountains and whenever we are on a narrow windy trail I have a fleeting thought if one of us fell the other would be so vulnerable to such accusations.

Hmmmm, one of those suspicious "falling off a cliff accidents" ?!?!

Yes, Dateline or 48 Mystery or Forensics Files would definitely do a show about that once you are charged (but hopefully not convicted, if you were innocent).

Old 03-20-2016, 08:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,886,215 times
Quote:
Not to jinx your anniversary or imply you'd be a party to foul play, but there are a couple of threads in the Retirement subforum about long-married people who simply could not stand each other's company any more.
Indeed. In 2013, a 76 year old British man killed his wife of 50+ years with a statue after they had a big argument. He, among others, is living proof that misery loves company.

Frederick Gilliard jailed for killing wife with statue - BBC News

Old 03-20-2016, 09:25 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,028,968 times
I would not be a suspect because Costco is about 40 minutes away from me and the GPS in my phone AND my credit card receipt would fit my timeline.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,943,724 times
Quote:
Well, time of death isn't an exact science.
No but they would have to figure in the time it would have taken to take a show, change, go to the store, etc.... They may not know an exact fine, but they can usually figure out if it fits within a timeline.
Quote:
I thought there were cameras at our Costco, too, but I didn't see any. Maybe they're just really well hidden.

Parking lot cams probably wouldn't apply if there are any. I always park in the spot that's the furthest from the store. Doubt it's covered by a camera.
Yes, they have security cameras.

Quote:
But beside all that, do you know anyone who would assume you were guilty?
No, I'm not a murderer and would never do such a thing. Not worth ruining my life over, unless it was a case of self defense.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:45 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,732,754 times
I think I'd just produce the receipt and ask them to view the footage recorded on the security cameras. Noboby in my inner circle would believe that I murdered the love of my life. Nobody

Old 03-20-2016, 10:01 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,444,370 times
Probably everyone..Yeah, I am that unlucky

Old 03-20-2016, 02:31 PM

601 posts, read 1,072,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Just when I think I've read it all on CD.
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships