Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 09:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
hello, ill say more clear, my mom is mad because i told the cops that a couple family members tried to bully me. she is acting as if i am supposed to just stand there and not say nothing or take up for myself. if no one is going watch out for me then i have to right? she was saying why am i bringing issues around by bringing this up, when i did nothing to anyone !
You have to tell us what the family members did to you, if you want us to answer. If it wasn't illegal, the cops can't do anything. There are ways to stand up for yourself without involving the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 09:14 PM

146 posts, read 120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
What do you mean by bullying? What exactly did the family members do to you?
being told what to do like a child, yelling bossing me around. not one has the right to try to tell me what to do

Old 04-12-2016, 09:23 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times
Quote:
hello, ill say more clear, my mom is mad because i told the cops that a couple family members tried to bully me. she is acting as if i am supposed to just stand there and not say nothing or take up for myself. if no one is going watch out for me then i have to right? she was saying why am i bringing issues around by bringing this up, when i did nothing to anyone !
You MUST be more clear. "Tried to bully" HOW exactly? And you called the cops?

If someone is physically assaulting you, it is OK to call the cops.

However, if they were "picking" on you, not ok to call the cops.

So WHAT exactly were these family members doing to you?

Old 04-12-2016, 09:25 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,195,821 times
You live with your mom, right? It's not like you live alone and they broke into your house to yell at you or tell you what to do. If it's your mom's house and she is OK with them being there, they are doing nothing to break the law, as long as they are not physically assaulting you. Therefore, the police cannot do anything. Behavior has to be illegal for the cops to intervene.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
being told what to do like a child, yelling bossing me around. not one has the right to try to tell me what to do
Who are these family members telling you what to do? And what are they telling you to do?

Old 04-13-2016, 06:31 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Sorry, but your mom was right. This is no reason to involve the police.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:26 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
This is hardly criminal conduct. Absent any physical altercation, I'm siding with your mom.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:47 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,793,546 times
I hope the OP's first language is something other than English.

OP called the police because someone tried to tell him/her what to do? Because someone yelled at them? LOL, this is so awesome. I'm going to call the police on my kid.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:49 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Unless someone is ordering you to do sexual things to them or they are hitting you or physically hurting you it is not a police matter.

Please discuss it with your mother and she can help you figure out what to do. Sometimes adults do need to tell other adults "what to do" to keep them safe and keep them from getting hurt.

My husband is an adult who is 64 years old but has brain damage. I need to tell him many, many things to keep him safe. I am not "bullying him" by telling him what to do, I am protecting him from getting lost or getting injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sorry, but your mom was right. This is no reason to involve the police.

Talk to your mom or a social worker or your case manager or your teacher but do not call the police.

Last edited by germaine2626; 04-13-2016 at 08:07 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 02:42 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,451,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

-Snip-

Talk to your mom or a social worker or your case manager or your teacher but do not call the police.
This is absolutely spot on. You need to ask someone (like your mom, a counselor, a case manager, a teacher, a doctor, whatever) what is and isn't appropriate as a response if you find yourself in this kind of situation again - your reacting by calling the police was completely and totally inappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships