Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
"The person you live with"??

Are you talking about your husband???
Wondering that was well.

Fluffy, why so vague? You have mentioned you have a husband, or did you take in a renter?

As others have said maybe something is wrong with him, it sounds like this is recent. You have been married quite awhile, don't you find it odd to see a change in behavior?

Perhaps go to the doctor and have him checked out.

I was in a restaurant once where people thought a man was drunk, he was going into a diabetic coma. Thankfully the person I was with recognized this and got some sugar in him while waiting for the paramedics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 03:45 PM

251 posts, read 203,921 times
Could also be aspie--they sometimes "check out" while staring at an object, even if it's a person. That's usually harmless.

If your cat is freaked out, I'd pay attention. I firmly believe Animals Know.

I'm bothered that he (he?) deflects with a weak response such as "what, I can't look at you?"

That tells me he's aware he's doing it, and he's deceiving either you or himself about it.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:49 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Dump him. Do you want to spend the rest of your life living like that?

Old 04-01-2016, 06:46 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,424 times
simple.. there is always a solution to every situation. have a small pocket sized mirror at all times, when you catch him staring, point the mirror at him. after a few weeks, he will stop. not only will you be relieved of this behavior, he will thank you for helping him on something he may not be able to control on a conscious level. you are basically training him with the mirror technique.. over time, the subconscious will make itself known that it is unacceptable behavior. his subconscious has not let his consciousness realize this.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:44 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What did you do about it?

I've not had one, but if you've had that many discussions about it, then he simply doesn't care what you say and therefore has no respect for you.

So, that said, the next time he does it, I would say, "That's it! I'm done. Either you go, or I will, but I've had enough."

Maybe that will shock him into quitting. If that doesn't do it, it would be over for me. I don't pander to disrespect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships