Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 02:59 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times

Advertisements

Maybe hes too busy trying to cover his a$$...... literally!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 07:42 PM

6,031 posts, read 6,116,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I'm trying to think if I knew anyone, even an acquaintance, in my entire life who was in prison. I just turned 64 and the answer is "No, not even one".

We certainly run with different crowds.
Of course you do (don't, rather). That's because people in prison are, by-and-large, scumbags. Scumbags are visible a mile away, known by retarded decision making on a minute-by-minute basis resulting in a general state of mayhem. I've brushed up against the type, on rare occasion, in my forty-something years. One I knew in college actually did go to prison, some years later, which is where he belongs (he's out now, I believe, but will probably be back in eventually).

Scumbags can't really hold down jobs, maintain credit, write or speak coherently, have stable and mutually supportive relationships, or plan further than dinnertime. Thus, not too terribly many post to C-D on a somewhat-regular basis, either. Which would explain why few here would know much of such people. There are very few planful, thoughtful, psychopathic arch-fiends in the world. Thank God, given how much mayhem they cause.

The police do know about run-of-the-mill scumbags, though. That's the bulk of their day-to-day "contacts", to use their parlance.

From the semi-coherent original post, second question I'd ask is "reason haven't tried visiting instead of hundreds (thousands?) of letters...?" First, though: "is the local Rite-Aid out of lithium?"

Old 04-10-2016, 08:58 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,159,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Of course you do (don't, rather). That's because people in prison are, by-and-large, scumbags. Scumbags are visible a mile away, known by retarded decision making on a minute-by-minute basis resulting in a general state of mayhem. I've brushed up against the type, on rare occasion, in my forty-something years. One I knew in college actually did go to prison, some years later, which is where he belongs (he's out now, I believe, but will probably be back in eventually).

Scumbags can't really hold down jobs, maintain credit, write or speak coherently, have stable and mutually supportive relationships, or plan further than dinnertime. Thus, not too terribly many post to C-D on a somewhat-regular basis, either. Which would explain why few here would know much of such people. There are very few planful, thoughtful, psychopathic arch-fiends in the world. Thank God, given how much mayhem they cause.

The police do know about run-of-the-mill scumbags, though. That's the bulk of their day-to-day "contacts", to use their parlance.

From the semi-coherent original post, second question I'd ask is "reason haven't tried visiting instead of hundreds (thousands?) of letters...?" First, though: "is the local Rite-Aid out of lithium?"
LOL - Amen.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:35 AM

6 posts, read 4,405 times
i meant to say in my original post that he sends me a christmas card every year not every month,,i don't know why the one reader stopped reading and
didn't realize that was a typo..

Old 04-11-2016, 08:12 AM

6 posts, read 4,405 times
actually the guy is my cousin and we were best friends for over 20 years..i meant every year not every month in the above post.. i was merely curious as to why this guy had been one of my best friends for so long but chooses never to send anything but a christmas card once yearly..he pulled a stupid stunt one night when not completely sober and got himself put in prison..he's not a drinker so to speak and the alcohol really affected him badly..and i do have other friends..the problem is that they're all old farts whose interests in music and movies have stagnated..everything to them is the 1970's!!i'm 61 years old and heavily in to music and music videos of the 80's and 90's and 2000's.. i'm not in to the beach boys or 70's music bull****..i'm into artists like tarja turunen and current non mainstream symphonic metal bands..not the oldies but goldies stuff..others my age know absolutely nothing about current music(except country maybe..ugh!!)and aren't much into music to begin with anyway..they're into grandpa stuff...good grief!!(adding on to their porch decks and what not and they love to converse about it for hours at a time) and they seem to be in to old tv shows like Mash!(again,ugh!!)... i've been totally disabled since 1980..sleep disorder among one..i'm not here to argue anyone's opinions about the 'myth' of total disability..the myth,meaning ,the belief that someone who is physically healthy can work( and standing on that reason alone). that's called unstudied and ignorance.. the disbelief that able bodied people can work merely cause they're able bodied doesn't impress me one way or the other cause it's not necessarily correct//ignorance of the fact that many in this country can't sleep due to sleep disorders like delayed sleep phase disorder is not my problem as i've seen the disability up close and personal and collect total disability for that reason..personal opinions vs medical facts are only personal opinions..period.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:49 AM

16,465 posts, read 10,478,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisteel View Post
and i do have other friends..the problem is that they're all old farts whose interests in music and movies have stagnated..everything to them is the 1970's!!i'm 61 years old and heavily in to music and music videos of the 80's and 90's and 2000's.. i'm not in to the beach boys or 70's music bull****..i'm into artists like tarja turunen and current non mainstream symphonic metal bands..not the oldies but goldies stuff..others my age know absolutely nothing about current music(except country maybe..ugh!!)and aren't much into music to begin with anyway..they're into grandpa stuff...good grief!!(adding on to their porch decks and what not and they love to converse about it for hours at a time) and they seem to be in to old tv shows like Mash!(again,ugh!!)

So, go make friends with people who share your musical tastes and hobbies. Not seeing what this has to do with your cousin in prison . . .

Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 AM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Quote:
actually the guy is my cousin and we were best friends for over 20 years..i meant every year not every month in the above post.. i was merely curious as to why this guy had been one of my best friends for so long but chooses never to send anything but a christmas card once yearly..he pulled a stupid stunt one night when not completely sober and got himself put in prison..he's not a drinker so to speak and the alcohol really affected him badly..and i do have other friends..the problem is that they're all old farts whose interests in music and movies have stagnated..everything to them is the 1970's!!i'm 61 years old and heavily in to music and music videos of the 80's and 90's and 2000's.. i'm not in to the beach boys or 70's music bull****..i'm into artists like tarja turunen and current non mainstream symphonic metal bands..not the oldies but goldies stuff..others my age know absolutely nothing about current music(except country maybe..ugh!!)and aren't much into music to begin with anyway..they're into grandpa stuff...good grief!!(adding on to their porch decks and what not and they love to converse about it for hours at a time) and they seem to be in to old tv shows like Mash!(again,ugh!!)... i've been totally disabled since 1980..sleep disorder among one..i'm not here to argue anyone's opinions about the 'myth' of total disability..the myth,meaning ,the belief that someone who is physically healthy can work( and standing on that reason alone). that's called unstudied and ignorance.. the disbelief that able bodied people can work merely cause they're able bodied doesn't impress me one way or the other cause it's not necessarily correct//ignorance of the fact that many in this country can't sleep due to sleep disorders like delayed sleep phase disorder is not my problem as i've seen the disability up close and personal and collect total disability for that reason..personal opinions vs medical facts are only personal opinions..period.
If this is what your letters to your cousin are like it's not so surprising that he's not writing back.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:16 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,358,105 times
Quote:
i'm 61 years old and heavily in to music and music videos of the 80's and 90's and 2000's

Well, that stuff is over 16-30 years old, so it's not really cool to call your friend old farts, when you're no more current than they are, really.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:21 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,396,908 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I stopped reading here...
me, too.
K

Old 04-11-2016, 10:31 AM

16,465 posts, read 10,478,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
me, too.
K
In fairness, the OP admitted that he made a typo regarding the "monthly" Christmas cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships