Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's not illegal to be sleepy. She was not drunk. That's why "no big deal." She wasn't doing anything wrong. I'm certain she was not too sleepy to pass a field sobriety test. I already agreed that maybe the OP needs to take it easy and rest more, but like I said, what she was doing in her car makes no difference. She could have been sitting there texting someone. The woman had a problem with where she parked, not what she was doing.

You don't seem to get it. If the OP who had surgery and is most likely on medication that causes her to be sleepy, that is the same thing as being drunk. You can be on prescription meds that you're supposed to take, but if it impairs you to the point that you're so tired from running one errand that you can't drive home a short distance, well that's considered the same thing as someone who left a bar after having a few too many.

If you don't think a cop is going to question why someone has nodded off in a business parking lot who lives in the area can't drive home, you're naïve. It would be different if someone was driving a great distance and told the officer "I pulled off the interstate as I have been driving for 8 hours and am tired", that is understandable.

You say you just you're too tired to drive 15 minutes to get home, where you just came from say an hour ago, start to talk about your surgery and the cop is going to think right away "what meds are you on", because it sure sounds like the OP takes her meds goes out driving, they kick in, and she can't make it home a short distance.

No, it's not illegal to be sleepy. But if someone sees a woman(and especially of a certain age, and the OP isn't a youngster) nodding off a car, in a business parking lot, they may just call 911 and say there is a person who is in their car and I think something might be wrong with them.

You also don't seem to get that what started out over an issue of where she parked could turn into an issue of why are you so sleepy you can't drive home a short distance, if the police get involved. Because if the cops show up rest assured they will ask what is going on that you can't drive from your home to the local bank, and than home again.

The OP needs to make arrangements to have someone drive her until she feels more back to normal.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:14 PM

743 posts, read 766,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Are you a little on the thick side? I'm saying the police will go over and tap on the window and question someone, and when it comes up she is tired from surgery the issue of medication will come up.

And yes, you can tell a younger much stronger person " to go eff themselves", however their reaction might be quite different than an 80 year old woman.

The OP has a few posts on here now about getting into it with old women, never a post about a telling off a 24 year old guy who works out, do you not see the difference?

Someone who gets it.
No, not at all, I'm responding to you being a drama queen and telling others how to live. So what if the cop taps on the window? She wasn't drunk and the cop isn't going to do anything about her possibly being on prescribed meds. He would think she's doing the right thing.
And, yeah, the difference I see is 24 year old guys who work out tend not to get upset about a vehicle being parked in the shade. It's middle-aged to old white women who tend to do stuff like that. Have fun making up stories in your own head.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:02 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Where do people get off telling the OP she shouldn't be driving if she gets tired easily? It's nobody else's business. People with medical issues that cause them to tire quickly still have lives to live, errands to run, groceries to buy, whatever. She knows that her energy is low, and when she feels tired she picks a safe spot to park her vehicle and take a nap.

God, people are judgmental. Mind your own business.
The thread has taken a bizarre turn. Speculating the OP was medicated, and conjuring up police actions, and even an arrest? The OP did nothing wrong to provoke someone into leaving a nasty note on her car. Why is that so hard to accept?

Old 04-19-2016, 02:00 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I suppose there's a remote chance of that, though Prunella seemed to be more the type that cheers when police and the courts confiscate weapons from law-abiding citizens. This is Northern California, after all, where buying a doughnut at Whole Foods earns you a lecture from the person in line behind you. (True story.) Or your manner of unwrapping a straw at Starbucks prompts an outburst from another customer. (Also true.)

Not sure what part of NorCal you are in, but in my NorCal area that type of crap doesnt happen at least not to me, and many are pro-2A and conceal carrying. Although I doubt mrs pruneface was.

Quote:
There are actually a goodly number of oversize vehicles parked around Silicon Valley.
ohhhh, come east, come east

Have you ever thought about writing a book? It'd be a best seller.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The thread has taken a bizarre turn. Speculating the OP was medicated, and conjuring up police actions, and even an arrest? The OP did nothing wrong to provoke someone into leaving a nasty note on her car. Why is that so hard to accept?
I know, right? We're debating the conversation with the imaginary cop that nobody called, that in all likelihood nobody would call.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:03 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I suppose there's a remote chance of that, though Prunella seemed to be more the type that cheers when police and the courts confiscate weapons from law-abiding citizens. This is Northern California, after all, where buying a doughnut at Whole Foods earns you a lecture from the person in line behind you. (True story.) Or your manner of unwrapping a straw at Starbucks prompts an outburst from another customer. (Also true.)

There is no imaginary injustice too small, no wrong too insignificant for some to right, apparently.
I lived in Northern California for years, and I saw no such things. Ever. Nice hyperbole. But the old lady was out of line if it even happened.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-19-2016 at 08:16 AM..

Old 04-19-2016, 08:12 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I was really thinking that myself, but thought maybe there was something about the OP I didn't know that would explain this. Went to the bank, then decided to sleep in the bank parking lot?
I found this very bizarre as well. Just as strange as windshield note granny

Old 04-19-2016, 08:26 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Where do people get off telling the OP she shouldn't be driving if she gets tired easily? It's nobody else's business. People with medical issues that cause them to tire quickly still have lives to live, errands to run, groceries to buy, whatever. She knows that her energy is low, and when she feels tired she picks a safe spot to park her vehicle and take a nap.

God, people are judgmental. Mind your own business.
Lol, like you?
It's a forum, it would be a bore without different opinions. Look at the OPs other "altercations". I am sure she expects opinions on an opinion forum.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:30 AM

524 posts, read 843,684 times
Where are you OP? How about coming back to the thread and explaining the yadda yadda?!

Old 04-19-2016, 10:24 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
I just want to know what the van looks like as I am planning on customizing my van. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships