Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 12:04 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,700,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybunny87 View Post
Well to be fair women usually sell themselves as the "fairer sex" and inherently more understanding and nurturing than men.

Though honesty I fail to see it. We may do things differently but in the end women can be so mean and cruel it really makes me sad.
The term "fairer sex" refers to prettiness not equality.

And if you are having issues with all of one subset of people in your life, be they women, or co-workers, or whatever, at some point you need to take a really hard look at yourself. And maybe don't call yourself HoneyBunny, even as a screenname, it seems to imply you think of yourself in a certain way that is unappealing, especially in the work place, to women who have had to work hard to get where they are.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:40 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,279,463 times
Because they are insecure, envious, lacking in self-confidence, petty, shallow, backstabbers.

OR

Because those seeking support aren't deserving of support.

The rest of us are supportive - when support is warranted. I believe guys can be the exact same way.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:07 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,627,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Because they are insecure, envious, lacking in self-confidence, petty, shallow, backstabbers.

OR

Because those seeking support aren't deserving of support.

The rest of us are supportive - when support is warranted. I believe guys can be the exact same way.
I think you're right. If you're secure and basically happy yourself, you support others. If you're not, you don't. It's sad how shallow and petty some can be--even older women! I see it at work. You would think they would have grown out of it by now.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:07 PM

243 posts, read 229,564 times
I've just had my fill of other women who get involved with horrible men who use them and discard them repeatedly, over and over. I've no support for them at all, because it's a pattern that plays out over their lives and they will not listen to anyone telling them the truth of it. They want my support in their stupidity, and I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. If she doesn't have any more brains than to accept being treated like something he stepped in I've no use for her.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:13 PM

105 posts, read 103,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The term "fairer sex" refers to prettiness not equality.

And if you are having issues with all of one subset of people in your life, be they women, or co-workers, or whatever, at some point you need to take a really hard look at yourself. And maybe don't call yourself HoneyBunny, even as a screenname, it seems to imply you think of yourself in a certain way that is unappealing, especially in the work place, to women who have had to work hard to get where they are.
The OP can call herself whatever she wants. HoneyBunny is fine.

YOUR snide comment is a perfect example of witchiness.

Last edited by amman; 05-15-2016 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: changed opinion

Old 05-15-2016, 03:50 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,014,767 times
I don't think there is anything wrong with her screen name. What a catty thing to say.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:45 PM

13,277 posts, read 8,412,153 times
Seems to be a rite of passage, as progressing thru life and accepting varying dynamics of humanity.

I support persons and tend to veer from certain phases that persons may be exhibiting. Its better that way.

One thing that has resonated is that when you get to the point where you care more about the person then what they wear or how much or little they make, you get the mentor passage rites. To be that one person who can influence in a positive way. For some persons it comes early, for others never.

treat people fairly and kindly and remember:
In conversation always ask: Is it true, is it Kind, Is it necessary? If any of them ring false, then its best to remain quiet.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:04 PM

2,598 posts, read 2,309,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Meanwhile, grizzly bears and great white sharks have nothing on the average 9th grade girl in terms of sheer viciousness.
Why are 9th grade girls nasty these days?

Quote:
We may do things differently but in the end women can be so mean and cruel it really makes me sad.
How often towards men in your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
The sisterhood thing is a myth; especially when the other woman wants your man, your job or whatever. You don't have to DO anything to **** off another woman.
How often do women attempt to take another woman's man these days?

Old 05-15-2016, 08:11 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,245,056 times
Quote:
Now yes I realize there are nice supportive women, but they certainly seem to be few and far between. I am 29 and have only ever had a very few good supportive girlfriends. I do like girl time when I can have it, but it is not that often. I have always had plenty of guy friends and I have a wonderful husband, but finding girlfriends that truly support each other no matter how "pretty" or intelligent they may be is so difficult.

I can't tell you how many times I have gone out with girls from work only for them to go on about how some woman is a "****" or is wearing something awful or some other superficial reason especially other women at work. I normally just don't say anything and won't go out with them again. I don't know why but I have been a target of mean girls since middle school, but I thought that kind of stuff would be behind me after high school but nope even at clubs and work either they bully me or they try to drag me into their crap. I had one job run by two women who treated me and except a select few other girls like their servants. I even remember when I was pregnant and had a miscarriage and called to tell them I would be out one of them just said "well it better not be to long" without any "oh I am so sorry" or some kind of condolences.

Again I know it's not every woman but it really amazes me how often women are not supportive or sympathetic to other women's plight.
because we live in america, where one man or woman's misery = another man or woman's gain.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:13 AM

429 posts, read 390,065 times
As a woman today you have to be careful when being "nice" to other women in general. The females at work might like to gossip to create trouble or undermine you if you're higher than them on the totem pole.Or if you're the one trying to rise up the totem, some biotch above you might do everything to sabotage your growth - to the point where you physically have to leave to escape the hate. One good friend had a great job where she kept her head down, made friends with the higher ups and produced great work. The envious biotch coworkers had a clique and refused to work as a team with this lady. She eventually left the company and got a promotion elsewhere. Those same envious biotches are still at the old company kvetching away how they never get raises/promotions. Gee I wonder why now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.