Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 08:20 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,767,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
His ideas are no different than many who have come before him and his ideas are not from another planet they just do not fall within society's acceptable range of normal.
To you and the others on this thread he is *not normal, mentally ill, etc*.
To him you and the others on this thread are *not normal, mentally, etc*.

Who gets to decide who is right?

PS ~~ If you did not want to slant the thread you probably should not have mentioned Kurdish. So much for keeping nationality out of things.

He may not have any diagnosable mental illness. As for who gets to decide who is right, I'd say the cops when they pull him over and he has no license or the IRS when they dun his paycheck. He might not like reality, but that won't make reality go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 08:25 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,691,226 times
Quote:

PS ~~ If you did not want to slant the thread you probably should not have mentioned Kurdish. So much for keeping nationality out of things.
First of all, until I looked up the Kurds, I had no idea who that even was, and it said something about having Iranian heritage. Secondly, he is obviously NOT Iranian, but from a different culture.........which I have not mentioned. I only mentioned Kurdish to try to clarify things a little without going into too much detail.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:23 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,574,545 times
Quote:
His ideas are no different than many who have come before him and his ideas are not from another planet they just do not fall within society's acceptable range of normal.
To you and the others on this thread he is *not normal, mentally ill, etc*.
To him you and the others on this thread are *not normal, mentally, etc*.

Who gets to decide who is right?

OP, ignore this advice. I don't care what race someone is, when they start acting oddly and are combative that is something to pay attention to.

One of the first post office workers who started shooting up the workplace was wearing his underwear over his pants, people thought it was amusing and odd but ignored it. Than he brought a gun in.

As others have said keep your distance and don't engage him in this kind of talk, but keep your eye on him.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:38 PM

38 posts, read 30,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post

No one I know seems very concerned about this guy, but he is out there. He is not an unpleasant person, but when you start asking him questions he becomes very radical and says he knows what he is doing.

Any thoughts ?
Soon he'll be unemployed and not have to pay taxes..or he'll be doing time....No loss either way....

Oh and I'd "Kind of" look into having a small .380 (Hidden in jacket or somewhere) just in case the SHTF...This guy sounds as nuts as the guy who flew his plane into the IRS bldg...

Old 05-27-2016, 12:49 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,691,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
OP, ignore this advice. I don't care what race someone is, when they start acting oddly and are combative that is something to pay attention to.

One of the first post office workers who started shooting up the workplace was wearing his underwear over his pants, people thought it was amusing and odd but ignored it. Than he brought a gun in.

As others have said keep your distance and don't engage him in this kind of talk, but keep your eye on him.
Thank you for saying exactly why this is bothering me so much. Every time there is some kook who goes into work and starts shooting up the place, coworkers come out and say "Well, he was generally a nice guy, but now, looking back on it, he was a little odd." or, they say "We never expected this out of him, he seemed like a regular guy."

I am not an alarmist, but there is some piece of this guy that is missing. He is friendly, but there is this undertone of being distrusting and against anything that has to do with authority and rules. The part about him sending certified letters to the IRS wanting them to show him, in writing, where they have the right to exist is beyond just not being happy having to pay taxes. It kinda reminds me of the Unibomber, who was in a constant battle with various Governmental agencies.

I have never run into a person with stranger ideas in my life. He seems somewhat brainwashed by whatever books and internet sites he has been going onto.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:57 PM

1,859 posts, read 1,641,673 times
Sounds like he is destined to have the adjectives "disgruntled former..." applied to him during the evening news.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:50 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,564,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Just because he changes his name doesn't mean he'll get a new SS number. That goes with the person, not the name.

I agree with the others: keep your distance. This guy has his own sense of reality and it's not pretty.
Agreed. This is a likely candidate to end up homeless on the street, muttering about electro-magnetic waves or chemtrails.

On the other hand if you have a good relationship with him you might want to tell him there are probably many young men in Kurdistan who want nothing more than to have a chance to have a job and a normal life - in America, free from sudden violent death just like he has.

Last edited by Vacanegro; 05-27-2016 at 05:08 PM..

Old 05-27-2016, 04:22 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,053,397 times
I changed my name as was not issued a new SS number.

He should have the same one.

He'll learn very quickly that there are consequences for your actions.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,041,229 times
I agree that you should be polite but keep your distance from this guy. You don't want to make him angry with you, but you don't want to become sucked into his world, either.

Honestly, I'd talk to the HR department about your concerns. They should have a procedure in place for this sort of situation. As some have mentioned, he will eventually be in trouble with the IRS if he doesn't pay taxes, but in the mean time he could (I suppose) become agitated enough to do violence. The thing is, you don't know if he is mentally ill (probably is) or if he is becoming radicalized. You don't mention a religious component to his odd behavior though. So, I don't know what to make of this.

If you don't have an HR department, then I'd speak to his boss in confidence, if you feel you can trust him or her.

This tax thing and insisting that he belongs to a different country, not the US, sounds like beliefs that the OK City bomber and his friend had. It could be that his guy is just nutty, not insane, or he could be a powder keg. Talk to someone about your concerns. If no one will listen, you might begin looking for another job on the QT.

In the meantime, decide what you will do if the guy ever "goes postal." Where would you shelter? How would you exit? That sort of thing.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:56 PM

8,247 posts, read 8,596,826 times
Since he is starting to identify with his heritage and hates government authority I would call the FBI. Some here may think that is drastic but I think it is being safe. Too many ignore the nutjobs and are sorry they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships