Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 01:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Maybe he accidentally butt dialed you the first time. This is really not something worth getting worked up over.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
To be honest, I don't think it's so crazy to think that when someone calls you, and you can't answer the phone that second but you text the person promptly to see the reason for a call, that you can expect at some point that day, it doesn't have to be in an hour or two, but rather, before bed that night, that person can have the courtesy to take ten seconds to just text me back, "Don't mind the call" or "It's nothing important, don't worry about it".

And it's really condescending of y'all to keep acting as if I am somehow "below" y'all because I use my cell phone regularly. All I'm asking for, in this case, is the respect that if you call me, when I contact VERY shortly thereafter, that at some point that day you can take ten seconds to text me. I'm not asking for an essay response here, but just a quick, sentence text at some point between the mid-afternoon text and going to bed that night. Jeez.

Do you not realize you're contradicting yourself? You're too busy to answer the phone but yet there you are on your phone sending a text back.....LOL. You answered your phone and responded via text.

We're not being condescending, your ridiculous over this nonsense. Do you ever try and actually talk on your phone?

You would probably never do this, but you can turn your phone off. I'm not someone who considers the phone to be like oxygen, I don't walk around staring into the phone when I have better things to do. I don't want to be constantly connected. I find it sad that people like you do.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:48 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
All I'm asking for, in this case, is the respect that if you call me, when I contact VERY shortly thereafter, that at some point that day you can take ten seconds to text me. I'm not asking for an essay response here, but just a quick, sentence text at some point between the mid-afternoon text and going to bed that night. Jeez.
And the reality of life is that often you aren't going to get what you asked from many people, who don't consider that to be necessary or define it as a matter of respect as you do, so you're going to have to learn to deal with it from them or disassociate with them. Period.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:51 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
If someone calls you, they may just have a question to ask or something that needs an immediate answer. That might be something like "Hey I am at place X now, do you want to meet up?" If you don't respond then, the moment has passed and they move on with their day because they're busy doing what they were already doing before. If it were that important, they would have left a message.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:18 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,936,007 times
If someone calls, you're supposed to call back. If they text, you text back. In this case, you should have called him back.

I don't get at all why you're upset with him.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:06 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Do you not realize you're contradicting yourself? You're too busy to answer the phone but yet there you are on your phone sending a text back.....LOL. You answered your phone and responded via text.

We're not being condescending, your ridiculous over this nonsense. Do you ever try and actually talk on your phone?

You would probably never do this, but you can turn your phone off. I'm not someone who considers the phone to be like oxygen, I don't walk around staring into the phone when I have better things to do. I don't want to be constantly connected. I find it sad that people like you do.
This just confirms that you've barely read my posts. I was busy when he initially called me and when I finished what I was doing, I texted him back within ten minutes of the phone call I texted him asking if he had called and apologizing for not being able to answer initially. So, you're correct, for the initial phone call I was too busy to answer, but shortly thereafter I was free again and able to send a text back.

Second, again learn some grammar. "...your ridiculous over this nonsense". Please replace "your" with "you're" if you are going to chide me like you are the "adult in the room".

Finally, if you don't find this ("I find it sad that people like you do") condescending, then we might as well throw the word out of the dictionary.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:25 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
If this is the biggest issue you are facing, you are blessed.
Seriously...I wouldn't let it trouble you.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:33 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Oh wow, a whole 7 or 8 minutes.

This is the problem with many today(especially younger people) that with texting you're supposed to respond right away.

Thank you, it's ridiculous. People walking around constantly staring at their phones. Don't get a text answered right away over some nonsense and it's a major issue. Really very sad sign of the times.
Seriously.
Make the person look pathetic and needy.... sad indeed.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:36 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
So, you're correct, for the initial phone call I was too busy to answer, but shortly thereafter I was free again and able to send a text back.
Why text?
Is a phone call too hard to do?
It would be the proper thing to do as the initial contact was via phone call.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:40 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
To be honest, I don't think it's so crazy to think that when someone calls you, and you can't answer the phone that second but you text the person promptly to see the reason for a call, that you can expect at some point that day, it doesn't have to be in an hour or two, but rather, before bed that night, that person can have the courtesy to take ten seconds to just text me back, "Don't mind the call" or "It's nothing important, don't worry about it".

And it's really condescending of y'all to keep acting as if I am somehow "below" y'all because I use my cell phone regularly. All I'm asking for, in this case, is the respect that if you call me, when I contact VERY shortly thereafter, that at some point that day you can take ten seconds to text me. I'm not asking for an essay response here, but just a quick, sentence text at some point between the mid-afternoon text and going to bed that night. Jeez.
Then tell your friends this is what you expect from them, no one on a public forurm is going to give you what you think you deserve since they don't know you or have your texting device number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships