Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 08:10 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
This is so very easy to solve. Quit being a pushover/***** and the next time she bullies, slap the taste out of her mouth. Problem solved, guaranteed every time. Bullies do not pick on those who call their bluff.....they move on to easier targets. Sure with the jacked up way schools are run these days you may get suspended for a few days but make it clear in the meeting that you had brought to the principals attention you were being bullied and moving forward you will not tolerate it any longer and will stand up for yourself.
BAD advice. While it's true that a bully will back down, you will wind up in trouble. Do it the smart way and take it to the authorities: parents, principal, police if necessary.

Gather your evidence then follow through. Hold your head up and ignore as best as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 10:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I can at least relate to you, OP. I was bullied and harassed in high school on an almost daily basis. I really think I would have benefited from homeschooling. Children try to get away with whatever they can when no adults are around. I remember when I was a child relational aggression got so bad with some girls that they were committing suicide at different high schools around the country. It's sad, and apparently not much has changed.

Just remember that that kind of behavior is not condoned by most of the adult population, and no one would let her get away with it if they knew what was going on. You need to tell a counselor and a trusted peer. If you don't have a good relationship with your peers, find a trusted teacher or coach. You need to get someone who can relate to all of the kids, including the bully, on your side.

I certainly hope you get help, OP. Sometimes I feel like I might suffer from PTSD due to my bullying experiences. Living with a mild disability that I didn't even know about wasn't fun. I got picked on every day, and I didn't even notice most of the time. No one deserves to be bullied; I know.
This. Teachers and counselors are by law required to report sexual abuse, and you were abused.

I agree that you need to document everything. The burden to prove this will be on you.

You need to speak up. Tell your parents, even if it is inconvenient. Tell a counselor, who should know what to do about this.

If your abuser can do this to you, she can do this to others too. She needs to be stopped.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 AM

112 posts, read 84,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
today put everything in writing, this way all known party's are accountable- type and print out what happened , sign and leave it with your principal and tell him your parents also have a copy, and recommended you talk to the school before they do

this will also have a date on it.....write down what happened and how it made you feel..

the verbal word is easy to dismiss, but not the written word
Even better yet, email it to your principal and then call or stop by his/her office to make sure it didn't get stuck in his junk email box. Then once he reads it, action will have to be taken. The assault you describe should be easy to take care of because it sounds like witnesses were present and depending on your school, it may even be on surveillance video. Your principal is crazy if this isn't handled swiftly and with the utmost level of seriousness.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:46 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
OP,

what a story. Sounds like straight from a lifetime movie script.

I agree, but the next time the OP posts this story somewhere, she should make herself extra-skinny instead of overweight for the full Lifetime treatment.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:50 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times
Normally when it comes to bullies I would just say to stand up for yourself, don't back down, and push back if you have to. However, this seems like a very odd situation. First I would recommend reaching out to this girl and ask to meet in a public place one-on-one and just simply ask her what the problem is and try to work it out. Maybe she is a closet lesbian and is attracted to you but doesn't know how to express herself and does it through bullying. I know it seems strange but some people are just strange.

If that doesn't work I would definitely call the police because you were sexually assaulted. Take screen shots of the messages she sent on social media and try to video record anytime she bullies you. Maybe ask a friend to help you record. Present this to your parents, police, and the school, get as many people involved as you can.

I hope this helps, best of luck to you.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:55 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=glass_of_merlot;44383116]OP,

Some of the buzz words are a little off too. Babe? Hmmm. Hottie would have been more likely to come from a 17 year old. Babe sounds a little too old school.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:19 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
What ever happen to defending yourself in this country?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:20 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
OP,

Is that what Lifetime is like? Thanks for telling me; I feel good about not wasting my hard earned cash on such trash.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:44 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Is that what Lifetime is like? Thanks for telling me; I feel good about not wasting my hard earned cash on such trash.

LOL Lifetime is on several channels and it comes with the basic subscription. If your cable/satellite company is asking extra for it, then you've done the right thing by refusing!

Old 06-13-2016, 12:31 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
What ever happen to defending yourself in this country?

This!

You may get in a little trouble, bit the satisfaction of knocking that B in the face will be well worth it. It's a shame that kids who defend themselves get in more trouble than the instigator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships