Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:29 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times

Advertisements

Might as well laugh a bit about this coughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BpS3POZhdY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 07:14 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
it mainly breaks up congestion to make cough more 'productive', yes? At least this is what I was told.
That's what it's supposed to do. But, for a lot of people, it completely stops their chronic cough. It comes in 400 mg pills. Not time release or anything. They breathe in and out to feel how rough their breathing is. If it feels the least bit rough, they take a guaifenesin. Some days they take one every 4 hours if needed. If they're sick, they sometimes keep taking it for several days before they notice any benefit. But if they just have a chronic cough, and no illness, it sometimes just takes a few days. And then after that, any time they feel any rough breathing, they take another, to keep the cough from coming back.

Old 06-30-2016, 01:55 AM

22 posts, read 16,023 times
Whether you are nursing a severe sore throat with loads of antibiotics or just suffering from a mild throat irritation caused by dust and smoke, there is nothing more exasperating and energy-draining than an annoying cough. What makes it even worse is the embarrassment it causes when a sudden bout of coughing overtakes you in a public place or during a crucial meeting.

We've compiled some of the best and most effective hacks to heal that obnoxious cough, relieve your anxiety and soothe your senses.

1. Toss in a lozenge
2. Sip some warm water
3. Is it an allergy?
4. Honey-ginger wonder
5. Give up cold foods and drinks
6. Gargles help
7. Inhale steam
8. Lime-and-cinnamon remedy
9. Apple cider vinegar relieves coughing
10. Try herbal teas

Old 08-11-2016, 11:55 PM

22 posts, read 16,023 times
2. Sip some warm water

Take tiny sips now and then, and it can ward off the cough by moisturising your throat. In case you have throat congestion, the warmth will loosen it up too and help you breathe better.

3. Is it an allergy?

Has that cough come from nowhere and you can't explain it? Then it could very well be an allergy. If you know the irritants to which you are allergic, you might be able to tell instantly. But that's not always the case with most people. If the cough doesn't go away after a while, even after drinking water, take a mild anti-allergic and wait for 15 minutes. Chances are it will subside.
Visit : Understand Treatments for Respiratory Problems at Breathefree

Old 08-12-2016, 12:31 PM
bpb

46 posts, read 53,201 times
Someone needs to chat with the OP's cougher about covering up. While she won't be spreading "allergies" through her coughing, I'd wouldn't want to eat lunch with an open-mouthed cougher.

An aside about a cause of coughing: in the 90's I worked at a university and a faculty member in the department coughed a lot. Short, stunted coughs in midsentence, co-co-co-co-cough breaking up her speech. I was very concerned when I first saw this, and I asked if she was OK. She said it was Tourette's, and the coughing was her tic. We only hear about coprolalia (spewing obscenities) being the dominant Tourette's tic, but it can really be anything. I'm NOT suggesting the OP's coworker has this.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:24 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
I have the same problem - only I'm in a big room, we each have cubicles, and several people in the next section of cubicles are always coughing or sick some how. It sounds like a TB ward steps away.

Obviously the OP's options are limited since the Super takes sides with the offender. Whether the person is sick or is coughing from allergies, medicines or some other issue, there is NO reason for the offender to be rude, and I see coughing without covering one's mouth VERY rude and (as a bit of a germaphobe) plain gross.

If I was the OP, I would eat lunch at a different time, at my desk, or if the offender did that at the table, I'd grab my lunch and move or walk out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships