Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 08:20 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
For someone who is supposedly happy in SEA you sure continue to beat the "LA Sux" drum. (PS: the poster has a long history)
A very, very, long history on the LA boards. Weekly threads over this.

Wore out the regulars on the same subject.

Something doesn't add up with someone who lived with their parents till age 34, yet never saved up any money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 08:24 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
OHhhhh....

Just to mention for others, Encino and other vicinities are nice - a bit older, but decent areas, not to be confused with less pleasant areas in all of what is considered Los Angeles. Glad the OP is thrilled to be elsewhere that appeals to him and seems like another good place, but I don't feel he should throw his home town under the bus.
It's a weekly even on the LA board, which makes it very suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I see that the spell check is still not working for you.

So you lived at your parents home till you were 34 in Encino, you are 35 now. You are in between jobs. You can't keep a job or is it you job hop every year or so, You hope to buy a condo in Seattle some day. I get it most people are wondering how this all works out for you when most of us have to work and are more than likely deep into our careers already. By the time I was 35 I had been here at the hospital for 3 years. Prior to that I had worked at another place for five years. Before that I had managed a company. By the time I was 35 I had three kids and one on the way. We have 6 now. Most people can not even comprehend living at mom and dads till they were your age and not working a regular job. With you though, in Encino I am betting that you are an only child and that mom and dad "helped" you out your entire life.
Yet, they moved to Seattle and got a great job. How does one do that when they couldn't keep a job in LA? Never had any savings, but lived with parents till 34?

Doesn't add up.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:09 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Yet, they moved to Seattle and got a great job. How does one do that when they couldn't keep a job in LA? Never had any savings, but lived with parents till 34?

Doesn't add up.
LOL< Yup but the OP also wrote that he is in between jobs. I guess if he can't keep one in LA how would we expect him to keep one anywhere else.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:25 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Maybe OP is Asian. Most of the Asians I know in LA live at home forever. It's cultural. I have a friend who is mid 30's, just had a kid he lives at home with wife, kid, his parents and several other extended family members. Another one of my friends is 40 and lives in NJ with his wife, 2 kids and wife's mother. COL is getting super expensive in LA (as I'm sure you know) so it's not abnormal for families to stay under the same roof more these days for longer periods of time or permanently (just as it's the norm in other countries/cultures that many people in LA immigrate from).

I'm 39 and have been on my own since college but I just had my first kid. Having 6 kids is actually way outside the norm these days as most people like myself choose to wait until later in life until they are more stable in career etc.
I doubt he is Asian. It is not just staying at home with mom and dad. This guy can not seem to keep a job. Also he is from Encino CA which is like 80% white. The median home price in Encino is $869,000 and rents are not cheap. I can give a pass to someone living in that city and still living at home.

Having lots of kids may not be as normal today as in years past. I am 51 years old and our kids span from age 24 to age 9. In addition my wife is Mexican and many Hispanics do have large families. Also she grew up Catholic and joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Commonly called Mormon's because of our belief in the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible) and I also grew up Mormon, both religions that have lots of Kids.

I don't know if our kids will have lots of kids or not.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Oh please! Never say never. You are going on two years. That is nothing and you are still in the honeymoon stage. Best to not say you will never move back because you might. Just enjoy yourself and tell them it is nice where you live, you should come visit. People change all the time, so I wouldn't say never. That is hilarious to me though, but I am WAY older than you for sure.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:10 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,923,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
This post has nothing to do with telling his friends he won't be back. That is completely lame.

If you follow his posting history, after graduating college, he failed to get a job in LA so he moved to Seattle where he did find a job. Good for him, that is terrific. However, like a few others, he finds it necessary to continually bash the city that he feels failed him. He feels by announcing he will never be back because he hates it, people in LA are supposed to care. I doubt they do.
LA isnt for everyone. No place in the world is perfect.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Oh please! Never say never. You are going on two years. That is nothing and you are still in the honeymoon stage. Best to not say you will never move back because you might. Just enjoy yourself and tell them it is nice where you live, you should come visit. People change all the time, so I wouldn't say never. That is hilarious to me though, but I am WAY older than you for sure.
You are right no one knows where the world will lead us. Hopefully i will never ever have to live in my parents house ever again.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I doubt he is Asian. It is not just staying at home with mom and dad. This guy can not seem to keep a job. Also he is from Encino CA which is like 80% white. The median home price in Encino is $869,000 and rents are not cheap. I can give a pass to someone living in that city and still living at home.

Having lots of kids may not be as normal today as in years past. I am 51 years old and our kids span from age 24 to age 9. In addition my wife is Mexican and many Hispanics do have large families. Also she grew up Catholic and joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Commonly called Mormon's because of our belief in the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible) and I also grew up Mormon, both religions that have lots of Kids.

I don't know if our kids will have lots of kids or not.
Im not asian im white Jewish

Old 08-06-2016, 12:21 AM

I am an only child.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:24 AM

Since LA is an entertainment town i have found that people in LA really hate people who have aspergers pr any disability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
View detailed profiles of: