Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Social are you?
I LOVE people and my home is one social engagement after another 9 16.67%
I like people but prefer to meet them at a bar or restaurant. 12 22.22%
I socialize on occasion but not often and prefer to see only very close friends a couple times a month 24 44.44%
I don't socialize with anyone outside of City Data and my SO 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:18 AM

24 posts, read 32,107 times

Advertisements

Our next door neighbor is a real extrovert. Super friendly and seems to know all the neighbors who live within 500 yards of the house. She also has just tons of friends and relatives come to visit for the day and overnight. It's a revolving door of social engagements. She seems to just love people and they love her too.

I can't relate. I am social and enjoy a nice conversation and good friends. But on occasion only. I don't want anyone visiting me at my home for more than a couple of hours and I don't want any friends or family members saying overnight. (Stay in a hotel!)

Please take my poll to see how the average city data person is when it comes to socializing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 08:00 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
I've missed your polls!! Thanks for putting up another one!

Old 08-08-2016, 08:04 AM

1,776 posts, read 1,872,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Investment View Post
Our next door neighbor is a real extrovert. Super friendly and seems to know all the neighbors who live within 500 yards of the house. She also has just tons of friends and relatives come to visit for the day and overnight. It's a revolving door of social engagements. She seems to just love people and they love her too.

I can't relate. I am social and enjoy a nice conversation and good friends. But on occasion only. I don't want anyone visiting me at my home for more than a couple of hours and I don't want any friends or family members saying overnight. (Stay in a hotel!)

Please take my poll to see how the average city data person is when it comes to socializing.
Is her porch light red?

Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
I am very social but there is only one reason for an overnight guest, and it is not a visiting relative.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
I did not vote.

I LOVE people and I love house guests. I had four family members here for the weekend, and we had so much fun!

But, my home is NOT one social event after another.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:29 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I am very social but there is only one reason for an overnight guest, and it is not a visiting relative.
IDK... if my daughter is flying in from the west coast to celebrate my birthday with me, she is staying with us. Why should she incur a hotel expenses on top of the flight expense, when we have guest rooms?

Old 08-08-2016, 08:44 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Don't particularly enjoy hosting people in my home, but I'm happy to meet them elsewhere. I prefer a hotel when traveling myself, too.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 AM

922 posts, read 1,111,898 times
I'm in between the options- I'm halfway social, I love my family and friends and want them to visit but not VISIT, lol. After 5-6 days I'm nudging them toward the door! People love coming here because I make it like a hotel, with fluffy towels and comfortable beds. Not to mention the endless supply of food and drink- no minibar bill here! We're actually in a bit of a pickle right now and have our best friends and my SIL wanting to come out for Thanksgiving. That would amount to 12 people in our house if everyone stays here, eek! Our house has space but not THAT much space. Maybe I should have them draw straws....

Old 08-08-2016, 09:44 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,421,785 times
We used to back in the day when the cousins were young and we had to cobble together places for people to sleep. Fun times.

Now that we have a nicely furnished guest room we rarely have guests to fill it. I'd much rather my guests make motel accommodations and it seems most of them feel the same.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:57 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
The only overnight guest I can tolerate is my sister when she visits from California. If she had to stay with our parents, she would never visit, and if she had to pay for a motel on top of airfare and the rental car, she would only be able to visit once every few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships