Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 10:54 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,134 times

Advertisements

It's friendly teasing even though she be signaling that she's interested. I knew this female that would always mention that I should get a girlfriend. "You're cooking that wrong, you need a girlfriend. The back of your couch is dirty, you need a girlfriend. You need to decorate your living room, you need a girlfriend" Later on, I find out that she liked me and she was giving me clues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 11:14 PM

352 posts, read 234,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The guy is bad enough at banter. THIS stuff will get him written up.

Someone posted some funny but probably acceptable comebacks upthread.
OK .....I deleted my post and you can delete quoting me just in case...BUT:

Depends on where he works, what state he is in, how good or if he has representation......and how offended he was with what would now be the two harrasing attacks in the workplace on his personal lifestyle.

The originator of the harrasing dialog (her) would get the hand slap...

Last edited by Luck-67; 08-11-2016 at 11:28 PM..

Old 08-12-2016, 08:28 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
No I didn't show her I was bothered yesterday I just laughed it and kept it moving. I then went to her desk after lunch to talk About lunch and she brought up the girlfriend thing agai. I then told her I am not interested in dating because I have financial goals and dating is costly. Then she said.....what if she is gainfully employed? And that when I walked away laughing

So no I didn't show I was bothered I kept it inside
Quote:
Tomorrow my lunch will be a chicken caesar salad and want to see what comments I hear about that.

Probably, "why can't you make your salad?
So. . . now that you're moved into your new apartment, why can't you go back to the one lady who liked you so much? If I remember, the excuse was that you didn't have time to date b/c you needed to find a new place to live. She might even make your lunch.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:24 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
So. . . now that you're moved into your new apartment, why can't you go back to the one lady who liked you so much? If I remember, the excuse was that you didn't have time to date b/c you needed to find a new place to live. She might even make your lunch.
He's not looking for someone real. If you check out his other thread, what he is looking for is an online companion, only.

If the lunch lady had asked for his internet identity, I think she would have gotten farther.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:24 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
This woman made a joke and the OP got upset by it what you find funny the next person will take it the wrong way. This woman should just find a guy who likes those types of jokes. Saying the wrong thing can easily turn a person even if you mean no harm by it. No big deal.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
He's not looking for someone real. If you check out his other thread, what he is looking for is an online companion, only.

If the lunch lady had asked for his internet identity, I think she would have gotten farther.
I feel as if given this, it's possible the OP is deliberately being offended by anything that might be RL flirting, in order to be sure to maintain distance while having a "good reason" to do so.

I can't say that for sure. Just something to think about, OP. If you don't want an in-person relationship that is TOTALLY fine but be sure you aren't blaming the next person just so you can keep women away from you. That's pretty unfair. If this is your decision, own it. You are an adult and fully allowed to make a decision like this.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:41 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,025,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I encouraged her to date someone else because of all the drama at the time.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:54 AM

1,226 posts, read 633,265 times
Quote:
I encouraged her to date someone else because of all the drama at the time.
Wow, did you actually say it like that, how did she take it?

Old 08-12-2016, 12:07 PM

780 posts, read 678,600 times
I've only browsed through a couple of pages of replies, but, I just want to say, two of my male co-workers used to not bring lunch, at all. When they got themselves a gf, all of a sudden, they're packing full lunches with snacks and all. It was either their gf prepared it or they did it together and they have leftovers. I would make comments saying, "Damn, I need a gf!" I'm a girl and not a lesbian or bi. It was to reiterate the fact that, gf = lunch made.

It's not that gf's are your personal chef, but from my personal experience, I see it happen. Obtaining a gf led to having lunch that's not microwavable or bought from a fast food.

I myself have made those type of jokes. It was a joke. I guess I never thought it's actually offensive to anyone. If someone made a joke in my behalf and everyone laughed, meh.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:10 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
I've only browsed through a couple of pages of replies, but, I just want to say, two of my male co-workers used to not bring lunch, at all. When they got themselves a gf, all of a sudden, they're packing full lunches with snacks and all. It was either their gf prepared it or they did it together and they have leftovers. I would make comments saying, "Damn, I need a gf!" I'm a girl and not a lesbian or bi. It was to reiterate the fact that, gf = lunch made.

It's not that gf's are your personal chef, but from my personal experience, I see it happen. Obtaining a gf led to having lunch that's not microwavable or bought from a fast food.

I myself have made those type of jokes. It was a joke. I guess I never thought it's actually offensive to anyone. If someone made a joke in my behalf and everyone laughed, meh.
This exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships