Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 05:54 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,187,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I think what people are trying to say is this is all a frothy concoction designed to create drama and get attention.
Yep!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:40 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,901,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denonsoundmn View Post
Ok but outbursts will look bad. As I keep saying , emergency room visit is record and if it is reported I caused this I got problems then and no lawyer can help me
So, you physically abused your mother and she had to visit the emergency room because of this. She should have called the police once you battered her.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I perform the duties once a month. But sure I go to an attorney but are all attorneys on the same page? There are attorneys who wil say thst I am breaching the contract of trustee and thst they will want to take me to court. I said that there are articles on the web thst say that a trustee can be sued
You cannot be sued once you have had yourself removed as a trustee. You can only be sued if you abuse your privileges while performing your trustee duties.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
Hey OP, can you please send me your fiance's email address? I want to forward her this thread and warn her to run away before she gets into it any deeper with a drama king mama's boy and his drama queen mama.
I'm surprised she hasn't left already.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:03 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,774,216 times
Quote:
Yes but like I said if she has an outburst of crying and she does that once in a while and if it got bad it is documented if she goes to the emergency room. So that is physical hurt at that point

NO IT IS NOT.

Stop whinging. She can't sue you for any of the things you're afraid of.

Are you beating her? Withholding her medication or food? Making her go without heat in winter? She's got no leg to stand on.

See a lawyer and get yourself removed from the trust. Change your phone number and don't give her a new one. MOVE if you have to. Don't have any contact with her. I did this in order to deal (or rather not have to deal) with my crazy mother and I guaran-dam-tee you that if she could have sued me, she would have.

People cut ties with abusive relatives ALL THE TIME. They don't get sued. Its not a thing you can be sued for. Even if you WERE her guardian and not just her trustee, you could still get a lawyer and get out from under that as well. A lawyer can tell you which agency or agencies to shove her off on. Do that as soon as possible and move on.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,265,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
You are correct, Denonsoundmn, you are hopelessly trapped. Nothing more you can do about it.

Good luck!

Rich
That seems to be what he wants to hear...and believe.

The only reason his parent might hate his fiance (in my opinion) is because she knows any reasonable person would tell her where to go.
It's not the fiance mom hates...it's the possible loss of her lil go boy...the one she can manipulate and scare into doing what he's told. Quite sad, to say the least, especially for the OP who will probably have nothing more than his controlling mom in his life for awhile yet.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:05 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,785,038 times
OP, I work in a prestigious and very large org in a very regulated industry and we have a legal dept that has an office staffed with attorneys. I know a few of them and talked to them about your case. Their legal advice is that you're an idiot.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:37 AM

19,590 posts, read 12,196,385 times
OP is not qualified to be a trustee and needs to resign.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:52 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,193,866 times
For the immediate fix, do not allow your fiancé to accompany you to visit your parents. You need to stop trying to make this work, as it is clear it will not. It sounds like your fiancé is part of the problem if she is arguing with your Mom.

Neither of these women are mature enough to put your feelings first and try to behave like rational adults. I'd really take a long look at this before marrying someone who behaves like you describe your Mom behaving.

Check out some links and videos that may give you insight on how to remove yourself as Trustee if you decide to do that. (links below)

But, also give some thought to figuring out a way to stop allowing your Mom to emotionally black mail you....so that you don't have to remove yourself, especially if you stand to inherit a good deal of money or property. (links below)

I am also providing links for you to research regarding how to deal with your Mom's emotional abuse and her disability and information that you may find helpful and supportive in your caregiver role. (links below)

Lastly, I second the suggestions made to get yourself into counseling and support groups. And, I also suggest consulting an attorney so that you understand your options.

Hoping for the best for you going forward.

How to remove yourself as Trustee
How do you remove yourself as trustee to a living trust I
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...stee&FORM=VDRE

Parental emotional abuse.
https://www.quora.com/Psychology-of-...busive-parents
https://www.quora.com/As-an-adult-ho...abusive-parent
How to Deal with Emotional Abuse: 13 Steps (with Pictures)

helpful and supportive in your caregiver role.
Caregivers

NAMI National Alliance on mental Illness: Support and education to help
NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness | NAMI: The National Alliance on Mental Illness

Last edited by JanND; 08-16-2016 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: links added

Old 08-16-2016, 08:25 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,265,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
OP, I work in a prestigious and very large org in a very regulated industry and we have a legal dept that has an office staffed with attorneys. I know a few of them and talked to them about your case. Their legal advice is that you're an idiot.
reread this post OP.
Believe it.
Stop all this nonsense and get on with your OWN life and your fiances if she's still around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.