Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 06:16 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
She's NOT a new mother. IT's nice to bring food to mothers I get it. If you enjoy that, great for you.
But why bash people who don't? It's my money and time, not yours. Why do you tell people what to do like that? Why are you so judgmental to people that choose not to do that? Does it bother you that childfree people don't gush over parents and their babies?
You didn't just say "it's not something we do around here." You said it is "too much." It's not. That's all. It might not be necessary, but it was just a suggestion someone made. Your response was over the top. That's all. If you aren't close and don't like her kids, then stop going over there. Seems like common sense to me.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:16 PM

429 posts, read 390,615 times
When I nicely ask to cover the nudity many times over while I visit, and my request as a guest are ignored, there is no way in hell I am going to "bring over casseroles" or make meals for people like that. She doesn't care if I feel uncomfortable or disturbed. I"ll bring food to folks who are respectful to guests instead.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:18 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 197 View Post
Don't you understand that not everyone is crazy about babies and motherhood? Some of us are nice to "friends" with children, and we can enjoy their kids for a little while. BUT WE DON'T WANT TO SEE NUDITY. THIS IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. BTW - kudos for bragging how other people paid for 2 weeks of food for you. I feel really bad.. -come on .... was the food from Delmonico's?

Is that the royal "we"? If you are a blue blood then I can see all your crazy rules.

Or, is it voices in your head? Getting crowded?

It has to be one of those because you are not speaking for me. Besides the autistic one, children that age are naked all the time.

Save yourself some angst, and just stop going over there, or call CPS.

Honestly, you do not sound like a nice person at all.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-17-2016, 06:22 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,662,895 times
So just a question for all the posters who are telling this woman to mind her own business and just not visit. Are you all ok with the fact that an 11 yr old special needs child is allowed to roam the neighborhood with no supervision? Naked or not that is a recipe for disaster.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:25 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
She's NOT a new mother. IT's nice to bring food to mothers I get it. If you enjoy that, great for you.
But why bash people who don't? It's my money and time, not yours. Why do you tell people what to do like that? Why are you so judgmental to people that choose not to do that? Does it bother you that childfree people don't gush over parents and their babies?
#irony

Old 08-17-2016, 06:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
So just a question for all the posters who are telling this woman to mind her own business and just not visit. Are you all ok with the fact that an 11 yr old special needs child is allowed to roam the neighborhood with no supervision? Naked or not that is a recipe for disaster.
Nope! Not if that's really what's going on here (we heard of one time this autistic child escaped his home).

Indeed, I (can only speak for myself here) said if she is THIS FRIGHTENED she should CALL THE AUTHORITIES, not tear this individual a new one anonymously on some internet message board.

I have said it before (several times, did you read the thread? And it wasn't just me) and I'll say it again: If I were literally afraid "pervs" were staring at these nude children and that a "perv" would come knocking on the door one day pretending to be a new neighbor so he could touch three naked children I would be calling the authorities. Period. Not charging around some internet forum demanding that people agree to my anger at this equally anonymous person (who is not here to defend herself, BTW). I'd be doing something if I were actually afraid rather than simply getting off tearing someone apart verbally behind the cloak of anonymity.

So. To answer your question:

No.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:34 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:

Of course not. But is that the case? The woman just says "bye!! come home before the lights come on." to her naked kid?

I'm guessing it is a highly autistic child that escapes with no clothes on. Maybe the OP can give us a link to the news story? Obviously it wasn't some huge expose (see what I did? ) on the family or action would have been taken already.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-17-2016, 06:36 PM

Yes I read the thread. Im more concerned with the child getting hurt or lost then anything.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
No, I'm not, but I don't think that's what's happening. Hard to tell, though. First he was escaping and going naked to neighbor's houses, then the mom was "fine," not overwhelmed, makes plenty of money and has all the services she needs.

Clearly the OP is not concerned about the kids. She is concerned about her own comfort level only. That's why I resorted to "just don't go."

Old 08-17-2016, 07:07 PM

I guess I'm being super cautious because we recently had a special needs child drown in a neighbors pool. He was known to wonder out of his yard and this time for whatever reason he ended up in someone's pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships