Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 05:15 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,246,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Amen brother its a shame others in the thread couldn't see what i was trying to say.
Because you refuse to say it. Vagueness and ambiguity does not tell us anything. It only tells us that you're a whiner. Anyone with a valid complaint would be glad to state it clearly, with enough details to make it very clear exactly what they were complaining about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:16 PM

578 posts, read 458,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Clarify exactly what you mean by being treated like a human. You keep mentioning that but it could mean almost anything. Most of the people replying to you feel their time is being wasted by your vagueness and ambiguity. To clarify what it means to be treated like a human, give an exact detailed example of a situation where you were not treated like a human.
I apologize by not explaining it better,what I mean by treated like a human is telling you to shut up,call you names like B word(yes this is true),but knowing its her place you have to bite your tongue.
Throwing your clothes on the floor,shoes,etc
Other examples is cleaning up the dishes,which I do when she requests but how ever to yell at you and tell you hurry up do the dishes when I also have to look after her kid(annoying kid)I can't necessary do two things at once,but again I sensed at the time she enjoyed the show because of my situation.I always respect EVERYONE and HER rules so my chores were always done,but it was her attitude and the way she talked to me.Its not what she said sometimes but how she said it.

But after thinking it through I look back and relized maybe its also her personality but it just shocked me for people to think they are "almighty" and view someone as a "slave".Thank God I got out of that situation..

Old 09-13-2016, 07:27 PM

578 posts, read 458,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Of course I'm assuming your character...you're only giving one side of the story and still have not provided details that many have asked for.

i apologize for not explaining what others asked i can give a few(really many)examples where for example her kid would make a mess now I would clean up each time,but I eventually told her to start telling her to tell her kid hey sometimes he gots to clean up,because her son KNEW to do it on purpose.But then she started abusing her so called "powers" by simpling telling me "Oh what ever you just don't want to do anything."Again mind you im looking after HER kid when she goes out on parties,I'm cleaning the house but to talk to me anyway?It was sending a message in my head "Telling me get the heck on,lol"

Quote:
Give examples of her 'disrespect'. You were living in her house for FREE..you're darn right you're going to be expected to contribute to the household.
Agree its HER HOUSE and I was their FREE but again people like YOU assume because its your place it makes you "almighty"just because your at someone's place does NOT give the person the right to take advantage of you.

Quote:
She treated you like a slave huh? Did she have chains on your feet? Did she beat you or rape you? Did she make you sleep on the floor or better yet, outside in the cold/heat in a poorly constructed building? Did she sell you? Did she buy you? Did she work you for 16 hours a day? Did she feed you meager meal while demanding that you cook, clean and serve her elaborate meals?

If you said no to all of the above questions, I suggest you read up on what being a 'slave' was all about.
Slave is over re-acting on my part,but yeah she did tell me sleep on the floor once(not making it up).But I can agree not to use that term "slave",your right on this one and im wrong.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:12 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
Quote:
i apologize for not explaining what others asked i can give a few(really many)examples where for example her kid would make a mess now I would clean up each time,but I eventually told her to start telling her to tell her kid hey sometimes he gots to clean up,because her son KNEW to do it on purpose.But then she started abusing her so called "powers" by simpling telling me "Oh what ever you just don't want to do anything."Again mind you im looking after HER kid when she goes out on parties,I'm cleaning the house but to talk to me anyway?It was sending a message in my head "Telling me get the heck on,lol"

I think your cousin hit the nail on the head...you wanted a free ride and got pissed when you didn't get one. Still not seeing the disrespect. This is your COUSIN, not a stranger you just moved in with. If your cousin can't tell you to shut up, who can?? If your cousin, who is supporting you, can't tell you to get off your ass, who can??

Time for you to grow up and take of yourself and stop mooching off of others.

Agree its HER HOUSE and I was their FREE but again people like YOU assume because its your place it makes you "almighty"just because your at someone's place does NOT give the person the right to take advantage of you.

Actually, it does ...and she didn't take advantage of you. The only thing she took from you was time and some physical labor. Hardly "taking advantage".

Slave is over re-acting on my part,but yeah she did tell me sleep on the floor once(not making it up).But I can agree not to use that term "slave",your right on this one and im wrong.

Yes, you were/are over reacting

Old 09-14-2016, 09:06 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
telling you to shut up,call you names like B word
Throwing your clothes on the floor,shoes,etc
cleaning up the dishes,which I do when she requests
my chores were always done
You are contradicting herself. You waited til she asked you to do those chores. You probably whined about her annoying kid, so she told you to shut up, then threw your clothes that were all over her couch on the floor, basically saying, clean up after yourself.

I am glad you are out of there, too. It must be heaven for your cousin.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:09 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,131 times
Respect is given, but it has to be earned to maintain.

I get tired of hearing how people say they've been disrespected. It tells me that they didn't get their way. We are a privileged society.

So, at any point during your stay with your cousin, did the two of you have a rational conversation in which she indicated what she expected from you and why she was on your case?

Old 09-14-2016, 11:57 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,246,572 times
I think OP was right to move out. The only thing he did wrong was to not arrange other accommodations before moving out. But being homeless is not the world's ultimate disaster. You can learn a lot by being homeless.

However, just because the homeowner/relative was rude and oppressive, is no reason to hate her. She was probably just expressing her frustration at being indecisive about whether to ask him to move out or not. Send her an unexpected gift and an apology for staying so long. You never know what might happen in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships