U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 PM

42 posts, read 24,034 times

Advertisements

For context, I am a woman, 24, but have always had small boobs. The reason I say that is due to what I am about to say. I got bullied a lot in middle and high school, mostly by your run of the mill "mean girls". One day I was taking a shower in HS (I was 16 at the time), when I was done and went to put my clothes on one of the nastiest girls that would taunt and ridicule me endlessly was holding my bra, laughed and said "I didn't know they made these that small".

Some of the other girls even started laughing! You have no idea of mortified, embarrassed and humiliated I felt. I cried and eventually got my mom to pick me up, she did try to get help by talking about the bullying but nothing was ever done.

I know it's been quite a long time since, but even after the times I do think about it it does get to me, is that sad? On the flip side from what I heard she is in prison for a DUI and having some meth on her. I know it may seem petty but I can't say I feel to bad. She did do some other very mean things to me, but that one sticks out the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 05:37 AM

1,974 posts, read 2,717,490 times
I had a bully in my 9th grade class. I finally had enough of his crap so I punched him in the face. He then proceeded to beat the crap out of me. I decided being his friend was a better choice.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:46 AM

3,936 posts, read 2,214,226 times
In junior high, I remember not understanding something in class and raised my hand to ask the teacher to go over it again and this girl, very loudly, said " OH my god, it's not that hard. Let's just freaking move on already." I never asked another question in class again.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:50 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 2,076,947 times
Yes

I had the opposite problem that you had, Sweetkansas. I developed very large breasts. I was called a *forum censored word*=(a person that gets $$ for sex), boys thought I was sexually active. The truth is I was a virgin and was never on a date. No boys at school ever asked me out. I can only imagine the lies that were told in the 'locker room'.

I hated high school and even at the age of 56, some of these memories still get to me when I allow them.

I was lucky and lost the hugeness after having my 2 kids but the insecurities sometimes still rises its ugly little head. I find myself hiding my breasts by crossing my arms. It's hard for me to let my arms drop to the side. It has gotten better. Always a work in progress.

You are not alone.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:52 AM

16,067 posts, read 12,851,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweekansas View Post
For context, I am a woman, 24, but have always had small boobs. The reason I say that is due to what I am about to say. I got bullied a lot in middle and high school, mostly by your run of the mill "mean girls". One day I was taking a shower in HS (I was 16 at the time), when I was done and went to put my clothes on one of the nastiest girls that would taunt and ridicule me endlessly was holding my bra, laughed and said "I didn't know they made these that small".

Some of the other girls even started laughing! You have no idea of mortified, embarrassed and humiliated I felt. I cried and eventually got my mom to pick me up, she did try to get help by talking about the bullying but nothing was ever done.

I know it's been quite a long time since, but even after the times I do think about it it does get to me, is that sad? On the flip side from what I heard she is in prison for a DUI and having some meth on her. I know it may seem petty but I can't say I feel to bad. She did do some other very mean things to me, but that one sticks out the most.
I pretty much went through the exact same. I was super tall, very skinny, and already insecure and I had no boobs and no butt.

I got laughed at by guys. At school. At the club. One night stands. Pool areas. I was modeling when I was older and even there people laughed and made mean comments. "Why are you wearing a bikini top, there is nothing underneath, hahahaha"

No offense to the other poster, but I would have traded for overly large breasts any day.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:04 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 2,076,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I pretty much went through the exact same. I was super tall, very skinny, and already insecure and I had no boobs and no butt.

I got laughed at by guys. At school. At the club. One night stands. Pool areas. I was modeling when I was older and even there people laughed and made mean comments. "Why are you wearing a bikini top, there is nothing underneath, hahahaha"

No offense to the other poster, but I would have traded for overly large breasts any day.
Not to the point of having even a doctor look at them instead of in your eyes while you're telling them about an illness that has nothing to do with the chest area.

The grass is hardly greener on the other side.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:09 AM

3,137 posts, read 1,824,540 times
Quote:

You are not obligated to feel sorry for people who bullied you. Her having a DUI is her fault, not yours. I know people who taunted me back when I was in school about certain things. They are older now and some have had setbacks in their life, things that went wrong...I don't sit around feeling sorry for them. I wouldn't waste mental energy on this.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:18 AM

6,544 posts, read 7,812,790 times
Fifth grade. Not sure why the most popular girl in my 5th grade decided I was no longer to be liked. It may have been because our teacher really seemed to favor me over her. I think there was imagined competition and jealousy on her part. She made sure none of the other girls "liked" me either. We had known each other since kindergarten, and our mothers were friends. They both were the co-leaders of our Girl Scout troop.

It definitely impacted how willingly I trusted other females for a long time.

She ended up being the first girl in my eventual high school graduation class that became pregnant. She had a child in 8th grade with a boy that was a H.S. Senior. They married and lived in her parents' basement. They eventually divorced of course.

Last time I saw her was over 30 years ago at a mutual friend's wedding. She acted like we were best friends. Don't know what she's up to these days, and don't really care.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:19 AM

3,137 posts, read 1,824,540 times
Quote:
For context, I am a woman, 24, but have always had small boobs. The reason I say that is due to what I am about to say. I got bullied a lot in middle and high school, mostly by your run of the mill "mean girls". One day I was taking a shower in HS (I was 16 at the time), when I was done and went to put my clothes on one of the nastiest girls that would taunt and ridicule me endlessly was holding my bra, laughed and said "I didn't know they made these that small". .
I think it's a little creepy that one girl is looking at another girl's breasts. If this happened to my daughter, I would tell her to tell that girl to stop looking at my body. It's just as bad as if a guy were doing the same thing.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 AM

16,067 posts, read 12,851,076 times
Quote:

Karma!

For me, it was only guys bullying me, no girls.

When I was a few years older and wore push up bras, gained a few pounds, had a butt and wore sexy stuff, some of the guys from my school who were mean to me before asked me out and I rejected them flat out. Made me feel great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships