Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:16 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloaloha View Post
Let me clarify a couple of points here: I DIDNT TAKE THE SAMPLE WITH ME. I have never in my life done such a thing. Things happened just the way I explained on my post and there is no info missing as some of you are speculating. I am a decent person, I want something I pay for it.

Yes I misplaced the sample and no I didn't open a new product to be used as a sample. Things once again, happened as described on my post. I didn't put the sample bad to its right place that why employee got angry at me and followed me to the car, and you know the rest of the story..

I am still extremely disturbed by the employee taking a picture of my car plate, who knows what he can do with my information. how can I know if he posted my information online/social media? is thee a way to find out?

The manager didn't handle things properly, very unprofessional.

I got a voice message a couple hours ago by the regional manager apologizing for the employee behavior, this new person who came to the equation sounded more professional on the phone that the first one, she also said "What can we do to make you forget this incident, is there anything we can do to make you happy" Please call us back tomorrow. My take is they had a conversation with the employee, probably even watched the security cameras (I hope so)

Honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable going back to that store ..
I encourage you to report this situation to local police. This bizarre behavior is frightening, but add to that the pics the person took of you and your car makes it scary in this day and time.

I wonder if you can find a way to search for these pics online, (pic recognition) then files some sort of charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 05:19 AM
Status: "In the words of Steve Winwood, Roll With It!" (set 26 days ago)

296 posts, read 217,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Where do you shop that this would ever happen??? Bizarre!
Lowe's and Menards do this, but never a problem at Walmart, Target or Home Depot.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
From your license plate? You do realize that anytime you take your car out in public, anyone and everyone can see your car. Or even when it's sitting in your driveway or in the garage with the garage door open.The employee didn't take pictures of private information. Anyone can take a picture of your car when it's in public, and its perfectly legal to do so.

You cannot get your identity stolen from your license plate.
You can get plenty of info from a license plate. Your home address for one. I think the OP has every right to be concerned by the bizarre actions of the salesperson.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid America Lifer View Post
Lowe's and Menards do this, but never a problem at Walmart, Target or Home Depot.
I shop at both Lowes and Menards....It must be a regional thing.

Do they let you keep the cart when you tell them you need it? If not, I'd tell the manager, or tell them I won't be back.

I started out in customer service years ago. I had customers that would follow me to other stores if I had to work at a different location because I was so good at smoozing and banter. I enjoyed my job.

I sure don't see many cashiers or service folks that seem to like working with people these days.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:30 AM
Status: "In the words of Steve Winwood, Roll With It!" (set 26 days ago)

296 posts, read 217,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I shop at both Lowes and Menards....It must be a regional thing.

Do they let you keep the cart when you tell them you need it? If not, I'd tell the manager, or tell them I won't be back.

I started out in customer service years ago. I had customers that would follow me to other stores if I had to work at a different location because I was so good at smoozing and banter. I enjoyed my job.

I sure don't see many cashiers or service folks that seem to like working with people these days.

Yep, I'll do this, thank you.

I am slowly but surely building up the spine I didn't have for many years.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:20 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
they said they were accused of not putting "the concealer samples back on its place".
Personally, I have never been to a makeup counter where I was able to test a bunch of concealers. You either buy it, or you don't, and if it's not your color, you buy another one.

So, maybe that's the issue, her trying on a bunch of concealers in the first place.

And if it was tested, was it on her arm or on her face? Some people's faces are very oily whereas an arm is not. If she was testing concealers on her face, I'd have run her out of the store too, and as a customer. That's just gross.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Were the "samples" you tried actually set up as sample products, totally separate from new products in packages? (Not all packages are sealed, unfortunately.)

I have observed so many young women opening up new products and trying them (and sometimes using the lipstick because they just need some lipstick-freshening, same with nail polish, etc., and I speak up.

What is it with the younger generation? I have never observed women of my generation doing this.
Bingo! We tested lipsticks on our arms, not on our own lips! That's disgusting!

Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Oh no! YOU'RE the one!
Wonder how many times that person stiffed the waiter before they'd had enough? LOL

Old 11-08-2016, 07:38 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,223,558 times
Their employee must be looking to get a gun put in the face or somthing. Going up to people cars and banging on their window and then yelling at them. Future Darwinism award winner there.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:50 AM

619 posts, read 575,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Personally, I have never been to a makeup counter where I was able to test a bunch of concealers. You either buy it, or you don't, and if it's not your color, you buy another one.

So, maybe that's the issue, her trying on a bunch of concealers in the first place.

And if it was tested, was it on her arm or on her face? Some people's faces are very oily whereas an arm is not. If she was testing concealers on her face, I'd have run her out of the store too, and as a customer. That's just gross.
The op said they were samples not that she opened new products. Plenty of stores do have samples for people to try and I have never ever had a salesperson complain about trying more than one. Why is it gross if she squirts a little bit of cosmetic on her hand or a sponge and puts it on her face? It's not like she is eating it.

To the op, this sounds very bizarre. I'm just saying, that if someone followed me out and was yelling at me at my car, I would have Called the police. That was totally bizarre behavior on their part and the store manager did not handle it well. Hopefully the regional person will be able to make a difference but I would not be going back to that particular location as long as the person who who chased you was still employed there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships