Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:46 PM

749 posts, read 855,771 times

Advertisements

What left me wondering is that it was really out of the blue. The general atmosphere was serious until then. I just thought "why me ?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 06:41 PM

7,679 posts, read 5,524,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
What left me wondering is that it was really out of the blue. The general atmosphere was serious until then. I just thought "why me ?"
Only she can tell you what was in her mind. If the question really bothers you, the solution is simple - ask her.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:17 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Its really a throw away comment. Don't let it get to you. Sounds like there is a little social anxiety at play...just let it wash off your back

Old 11-12-2016, 07:19 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,864 times
Quote:
I'm currently in an NP program where students are adults ranging from mid-20s to 40s. During this ethics class, the instructor, who is notorious for having a very laid-back humorous teaching style, divided us in groups to reflect on ethical dilemma cases. Each group would have one member stand up and present the case to the rest of the class. Needless to say that this isn't the most serious class of the program. I ended up being the one to speaking for our group, which I do not mind. As I stand up to present to case this one girl goes "woohoo!". Everybody started giggling and laughing. To give you some background this is the nursing field so 80% of the room is composed of girls, I'm a guy. Another woman was laughing saying "what's going on here!". The "woohoo" girl is this young 20 something and is the "teenagerish" type, often excited, sometimes silly. I kept my composure, laughed a little, and went on with my presentation. After giving it a thought I still don't know what to think of it. I'm not American and don't quite get the "woohoo" thing. What do think it was all about?
It sounds like applause to me. Encouragement, in a slightly silly way. It's similar to "yay!"

Old 11-12-2016, 07:20 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Woohoo = female version of a man whistling.

She thinks your cute.
No. I'm female, and I've never heard or said that in that way. It means "yay!" That's all.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:13 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,264 times
Quote:
I'm currently in an NP program where students are adults ranging from mid-20s to 40s. During this ethics class, the instructor, who is notorious for having a very laid-back humorous teaching style, divided us in groups to reflect on ethical dilemma cases. Each group would have one member stand up and present the case to the rest of the class. Needless to say that this isn't the most serious class of the program. I ended up being the one to speaking for our group, which I do not mind. As I stand up to present to case this one girl goes "woohoo!". Everybody started giggling and laughing. To give you some background this is the nursing field so 80% of the room is composed of girls, I'm a guy. Another woman was laughing saying "what's going on here!". The "woohoo" girl is this young 20 something and is the "teenagerish" type, often excited, sometimes silly. I kept my composure, laughed a little, and went on with my presentation. After giving it a thought I still don't know what to think of it. I'm not American and don't quite get the "woohoo" thing. What do think it was all about?
They both find you attractive and want to have sex with you. The next move is up to you.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
They both find you attractive and want to have sex with you. The next move is up to you.
I think they both want to have his babies. And also I'm quite sure they want to go into business with him, make him the beneficiary of their life insurance policies, and give him the keys to their safety deposit boxes.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:52 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think they both want to have his babies. And also I'm quite sure they want to go into business with him, make him the beneficiary of their life insurance policies, and give him the keys to their safety deposit boxes.
I get the sarcasm, but, nah, they just want to bed him down.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:23 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
This is a clear case of sexual harassment. Call Gloria Allred immediately. There's potentially big bucks in it for you. No man should have to put up with that sort of thing.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
I get the sarcasm, but, nah, they just want to bed him down.
I doubt it even goes that far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships