Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

What does "you'll have hell to pay" mean? Retaliation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 01:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
If that is what is really going on in a group of full grown adults, then in turn you sulk off...it sounds like all of your friends and yourself needs some lessons on mature socialization.

Hell to pay? You ran away instead of standing up for yourself. Scary...
Ran away? Try walked away from a potentially hostile situation. Sure, I'll stand up for myself, but what's the point of heating up matters, and getting myself thrown out of the place? Look at it this way: save face by just walking away, or embarrassing myself in front of hundreds of people.

To you, and the other poster who asked "hell to pay?" How would you like to have your good name/character slandered? It's happened to me in the past, and when I found out the source, I wasn't very tactful in setting them straight.
I know this is difficult to believe, but I'm a teddy bear in reality. It's only when someone crosses me that the grizzly comes out.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:18 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
good name/character
Sorry, but evidence to the contrary abounds in your many threads.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:50 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Sorry, but evidence to the contrary abounds in your many threads.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. We can agree to disagree.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:11 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
This is classic CD thread behavior. In the OP, you describe an awkward occasion. Then when the posters don't unanimously empathize with you, suddenly fresh new details emerge in subsequent posts as your way of tilting the conversation your way.
That's what I was thinking. I call BS. I bet no one ever apologized either. Now a mysterious person tried to get the others to go against him.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:26 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Ran away? Try walked away from a potentially hostile situation. Sure, I'll stand up for myself, but what's the point of heating up matters, and getting myself thrown out of the place? Look at it this way: save face by just walking away, or embarrassing myself in front of hundreds of people.

To you, and the other poster who asked "hell to pay?" How would you like to have your good name/character slandered? It's happened to me in the past, and when I found out the source, I wasn't very tactful in setting them straight.
I know this is difficult to believe, but I'm a teddy bear in reality. It's only when someone crosses me that the grizzly comes out.
The evidence, that you yourself posted, says otherwise. You are anything but a 'teddy bear' with a 'good name' and 'character'.

Slander? LOLOL For telling the truth?? Truth that you have shown all of us here on CD? Ok.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:05 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
The evidence, that you yourself posted, says otherwise. You are anything but a 'teddy bear' with a 'good name' and 'character'.

Slander? LOLOL For telling the truth?? Truth that you have shown all of us here on CD? Ok.
Can't rep you again

Old 12-06-2016, 03:11 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Below is the list of people I know who sees someone new, a freind of a friend, sizes this new person up with little or no conversation and instantly concludes they do not like the person and should be excluded from further conversation:

The point here is you obviously did something in the past at that bar that upset the guy. Judging from your posts the list of possibilites there is endless.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:15 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Ever been in a cluster of people you knew, only to quietly remove yourself?
I was at a get-together, winding down after an extraordinarily rough week.. Saw some friends, said hello, engaged in some casual conversation. After a time they drifted off, talking with others. Okay, that's fine. But after a bit of time, I started to feel that I wasn't of them, but rather among them. I don't know what got me to feeling that way, but without a word to anyone, I just went out, got in my car, and left.
Incidentally, not one of them texted or called to ask where I was.
Very uncomfortable? Or selfishness on my part?
I think what you did was fine, if different.

This is why I don't like groups of more than 3, maybe 4, people at the most. The more there are, the more out of place I feel, and usually end up being the one who's asked why I'm being "so quiet".

Old 12-06-2016, 04:57 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
I think what you did was fine, if different.

This is why I don't like groups of more than 3, maybe 4, people at the most. The more there are, the more out of place I feel, and usually end up being the one who's asked why I'm being "so quiet".
If Rick does not like groups of more than 3-4 he would not be hanging out in bars. I hope this does not come across as rude but your situation is simply not the same as his. So with that said what he did was maybe "fine" for someone like you but it didn't appear to be fine for a guy who likes to go to bars.

I understand why he was initially upset, nobody wants to be ignored in a social setting. But storming out all butt hurt, then creating a thread so he could cry about his hurt feelings when his friends didn't immediately recognize and reacted to his bruised feelings, just seems a bit excessive to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships