Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Jeez the amount of food I buy and make dinners for others Id be tickled pink if some brought their own food or offered at least to help out.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:15 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,512,946 times
Given that she said she has a sensitive stomach, I really can't see what was petty or difficult. I honestly think that you are the one being petty, taking good note of all the other food she ate, getting upset that your husband ate their soup. You are lucky if you don't know what tomato bisque or clam chowder can do to a person with a sensitive stomach.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:19 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
One additional note is that this guest complained of having a sensitive stomach (which may be why she brought the watery chicken soup???) but I noticed she was able to drink almost a whole bottle of wine, eat several chocolates as well as apple pie and ice cream.

This is a person who, imo, is just trying to be petty and difficult.

As I said before, lesson learned, we'll meet in restaurants from now on and let the waiter/kitchen staff work with her.

Try not to be like this people and teach your children manners too...
This whole thing sounds like it's less about a discussion of manners, and more of an existing issue between you and this person, and you're just angry and bitter about anything they do.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:22 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
Given that she said she has a sensitive stomach, I really can't see what was petty or difficult. I honestly think that you are the one being petty, taking good note of all the other food she ate, getting upset that your husband ate their soup. You are lucky if you don't know what tomato bisque or clam chowder can do to a person with a sensitive stomach.
People with a "sensitive stomach" shouldn't be drinking a lot of wine either. I agree with the OP. This guest was being difficult on purpose.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:25 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
This whole thing sounds like it's less about a discussion of manners, and more of an existing issue between you and this person, and you're just angry and bitter about anything they do.
Agreed - 100%. Why in the world would you invite these people for dinner when you obviously do not like them? I certainly wouldn't waste MY time or money cooking for a couple I didn't like!

Old 01-09-2017, 09:35 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,512,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
People with a "sensitive stomach" shouldn't be drinking a lot of wine either. I agree with the OP. This guest was being difficult on purpose.
You don't know what makes a particular person's stomach sensitive! I can drink diet soda all day long, but put a flake of potato on my plate and I'm done for.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:38 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
I don't see what the big deal is here. We often have gatherings at our house where we plan to provide the entire meal and tell people they don't need to bring anything. They always do. Snacks, sides, meat to throw on the grill, etc.. we just incorporate it into the feast and everyone enjoys it.
If anything, I appreciate their effort in contributing even when they are told not to worry about it.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:42 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
"Sensitive stomach" could be code for "my stomach can't handle your lousy cooking, but I have to come to this gathering to keep family peace, so I'm going to contribute some food that I can actually eat."

Old 01-09-2017, 09:49 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
"Sensitive stomach" could be code for "my stomach can't handle your lousy cooking, but I have to come to this gathering to keep family peace, so I'm going to contribute some food that I can actually eat."
Yep.

Also, clam chowder and tomato bisque can be hit or miss with most folks. Especially, tomato because it's very acidic causing indigestion or heartburn. Heck, ketchup causes my husband to have indigestion.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:02 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Sounds to me like you just don't like this person no matter what. Why bother meeting her at all?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
You don't know what makes a particular person's stomach sensitive! I can drink diet soda all day long, but put a flake of potato on my plate and I'm done for.
Quote:
Yes all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships