Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:39 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times

Advertisements

https://smile.amazon.com/Hoont-Power...ctor+sprinkler

Old 01-11-2017, 03:40 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Many communities (especially ones with an HOA) don't allow front yards to be fenced---only back and side yards.
Here, fences have to set 15 feet from the street which allows a generous potty area. I have told people to pick it up or I would call and report them and that worked and also took the shovel and tossed it into their yard which also worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
They typically also don't allow free roaming pets.
I don't know of any city that allows that of any size. Now, in the county it can be different.

I think I would call Animal Control and have them come out for a discussion. I also did this and noticed it shaped up the next door neighbor even though the problem was a cat that had kittens on our property and not their dog. She looked very nervous seeing the Animal Control Officer speaking with me.

Also, red pepper will not work and neither will hot sauce. I found nothing that would work and even tried sprays.

OP: So, what are these neighbors like? These days one has to be careful and make sure the neighbor isn't a nutcase. If you get a photo of the dog doing the deed, that might be of use making sure that it showed it was on your property.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:50 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Neighbor dog comes at night to crap on my yard, a big german shepperd
I would go and talk to them, but they are a bunch of thugs, so talking is not an option

Any ideas?
I'm thinking about installing "animal ultrasonic repellent"
Get some spray repellant. It does work.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:10 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
They typically also don't allow free roaming pets.
^^^^This is very true!

I would also think that most jurisdictions have leash laws.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:35 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Neighbor dog comes at night to crap on my yard, a big german shepperd
I would go and talk to them, but they are a bunch of thugs, so talking is not an option

Any ideas?
I'm thinking about installing "animal ultrasonic repellent"
motion detector sprinkler works perfect.

few years ago I had issues with raccoons in the yard, hooked two up to the hose, and was delighted to hear them come on late the very first night!

Within a few days they stopped coming.

a while later my friend had an issue with her neighbors small dog crapping in her front yard, it ended it very fast.

They sell them on amazon when I purchased mine "scarecrow" was the only high rec brand, now there are plenty of good cheap ones I believe...

and remember you can always tell your neighbors that raccoons are the issue and never mention the dogs...

Old 01-11-2017, 04:47 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,053 times
run a wire around the perimeter. Electrify it at night. Dog or coyote or deer will only visit once.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:29 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Get some spray repellant. It does work.

I've had good luck with spray repellents. Also had luck with cayenne pepper sprayed through a fertilizer sprayer. Looked like I was fertilizing the grass or putting on a bug spray.

I did once have a neighbor whose Golden Retrievers were in a pen with dog houses and yard chains. One of them always hopped the fence to do his business. A tidy sort. I mentioned it to the neighbor, a trashy sort of guy, and he laughed. So I started flinging the piles into his yard. Beyond the dog pen. He saw me about the third time, I wanted him to, and barreled out of the house asking what the **** I was doing. I told him if I had to pick it up, then he had to pick it up. And I laughed. He heightened the stretch of fence along the kennel.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:30 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,529,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
motion detector sprinkler works perfect.

few years ago I had issues with raccoons in the yard, hooked two up to the hose, and was delighted to hear them come on late the very first night!

Within a few days they stopped coming.

a while later my friend had an issue with her neighbors small dog crapping in her front yard, it ended it very fast.

They sell them on amazon when I purchased mine "scarecrow" was the only high rec brand, now there are plenty of good cheap ones I believe...

and remember you can always tell your neighbors that raccoons are the issue and never mention the dogs...
This.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:41 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,645,388 times
Try having a corner lot. People walk their dog, my yard is the bathroom. They don't even bother with taking a bag with them.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:45 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
run a wire around the perimeter. Electrify it at night. Dog or coyote or deer will only visit once.
^^^^Once again, homes in HOA communities don't allow things like that. If the OP isn't in an HOA community, then such a thing is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships