Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:27 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
This is a good idea as well. A lot of people in our neighborhood have cameras now and one person put the video up on our neighborhood FB page to get a neighbor to come and pick up after her dog. The video didn't show a face and he took it down when she picked it up.

It can get tiring always dealing with other dogs pooping in your yard. One of my neighbors used to let her dog out and he would come across the street and into my next door neighbors yard and go to the bathroom. They were ok with that but then the dog started coming into my yard. I was not ok with it. I am friendly with both of these neighbors and we regularly text each other. I told dog neighbor it was not ok. She told me to let my dog go in her yard. No, was my response. Stop letting your dog out to wander.

I live in a neighborhood with an HOA and there are rules but it's hard to get people to follow them. There are regular posts about picking up after your dog. A lady even put up a sign to not let dogs go in her front yard.
HOAs are unnecessary for this problem. Cities have ordinances requiring leashes and ALL animals being kept within the owner's control, as well as ordinances against strays. If anyone sees a loose dog, he can call the city's animal control, and they'll pick the dog up (if its still around).

If a dog repeatedly poops in the yard or roams, you can report t, and the owner will be cited (this is where a security camera or pics come in handy - proof of which dog it is).

Old 01-12-2017, 11:35 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pick up poop.
Place in appropriate container/place.
Get on with life.
WHAT like every night why should he have to , this is filthy and on his land..I had the same kind of neighbours though and know what your up against, just cretins.. try some of these.. or get a fence.....
Dog Repellents: How to Keep Dogs Away From Yards

Old 01-12-2017, 11:56 AM

407 posts, read 370,174 times
There are so many irresponsible dog owners out there - drives me crazy. While I was walking my own pup this morning, we came across a pile o' poop that an owner didn't bother to pick up. Best thing was - it was right next to the pole that had a trash can and poop bags for people to use.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:16 PM

343 posts, read 316,782 times
poop can be fertilizer...i think it is disgusting and degrading that there are people out there who would pick up after dogs now. just let the dog run wild in the woods or whatever, let it do its business, and it will find its way back to you, also within a few days the poop will have fertilized the ground.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:59 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Neighbor dog comes at night to crap on my yard, a big german shepperd
I would go and talk to them, but they are a bunch of thugs, so talking is not an option

Any ideas?
I'm thinking about installing "animal ultrasonic repellent"

I haven't read all comments, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

Forget talking to the dog owner. He doesn't care. He only cares that he's not the one cleaning up his dog's poop.

Here's what you do. Buy several boxes or jars of cheap ground black pepper. The smaller the grind the better. Sprinkle a 1 -2 foot swatch around the outside edge of your lawn, but only if it isn't going to rain for a few days. The next time that German Shepherd comes sniffing around, he'll get a snoot full of burning, gagging pepper. I guarantee he won't seek out that area again.

Keep sprinkling the pepper as needed is you have a large lawn. All dog's will learn to stay completely away from your lawn.

I've done this. It works!

Keep a lot of black pepper on hand. If you find a pile of poop, clean it up and dose that area with pepper. Dog's will return to their toilet. Black pepper turns them around.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:38 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I'm seriously hoping this post is not implying to poison the animal ....

if it is shame on you . It is not the dogs fault it is the owners fault ....
Of course it's not the dog's fault. Nor is it a rat's "fault" that he needs a place to live and food to eat. But if one invades your property and is creating a nuisance, I would advise you to kill it.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
I read once about someone with a similar problem - his solution was to get several small pieces of the dog poop, coat them liberally with bacon grease. The dog ate them, went home and threw the mess up in his own house. Great satisfaction ensued for the pooped-upon neighbor.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:01 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Neighbor dog comes at night to crap on my yard, a big german shepperd
I would go and talk to them, but they are a bunch of thugs, so talking is not an option

Any ideas?
I'm thinking about installing "animal ultrasonic repellent"
I used to have a remote-activated sprinkler in my front yard that I could turn on from inside my house.

No one had a clue that the sprinkler was not being activated automatically. It was sooo much fun. I would turn on the sprinklers just as the dog was making his way across the sidewalk onto my lawn.

No golden showers (or brown stuff) for my yard.

(And thank you for the set up.)

Old 01-12-2017, 07:52 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Pick up poop.
Place in appropriate container/place.
Get on with life.
Seriously? Someone else's dog? Yeah that's not happening if it were my yard.

OP I would call animal control and register a complaint.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
It must have taken a lot of training by your neighbors to get their dog to come over to your place. People take a lot more training, to get them to behave the way you want. You would probably regret making any contact with them about it.

There's a never-ending supply of dog-walkers coming along our street. They all use my flower beds and those of a neighbor, as their toilet. The police do not respond to complaints about it. It's just one more way that those who keep dogs in urban areas, impose their animals on others. They think it's their right and won't stop it. Only in a few cities that strictly enforce regulations about cleaning up after dogs, is the problem reduced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships