Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Status: "Before saving for a rainy evening, see your xenial lawyer!" (set 2 hours ago)

19,660 posts, read 651,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
My mom used to do that, but my phone was screwed up, and gave wicked feedback if you hovered it a few centimeters over it's reciever. So you know what I did.
Smart and 'wicked'....but effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 12:19 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Seems like since so many people hate the idea of people using cell phones in public that something needs to be done.

Perhaps, all cell phones should be tethered to a wall in the user's house. Then they'd only be able to range like 8-10 feet away from that spot.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Status: "Before saving for a rainy evening, see your xenial lawyer!" (set 2 hours ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
If I have to take a call on my cell, I will speak as quietly as I can, and always try to seek privacy. I wish others would do this.
Well put.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Just for fun, have you ever joined in the loud conversation of someone near you who is on a phone?
Silver Snakes!! I'd never ever dare do that! To me it's like walking into enemy territory.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:45 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Perhaps, all cell phones should be tethered to a wall in the user's house. Then they'd only be able to range like 8-10 feet away from that spot.
Perhaps you should just get a basic home phone if you don't want your phone to be able to move more then a few feet away from a wall. I think I have one somewhere in a box that I could send to you.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, it is not petty....I had neighbors who left their dog outside and the darn dog barked constantly, when you live on a farm with no neighbors, it's fine...but when you have neighbors who do not have dogs, they don't want to sit and listen to that...

and they shouldn't have to

Old 05-02-2017, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
sit down here, and lets talk....
So, please try and understand, no one could spend all day at that water cooler and not get fired.

Very true. Spending all day at the water cooler is an indication of unseriouness!

Old 05-02-2017, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
People often do this for attention, really.

I was on the bus with an old boyfriend one June night in 2010 when some loudmouth Celtics fan got on and started talking trash. Excluding the fact there were a majority of Lakers fans on the bus (myself included), he was spoiling the ride home with his boisterous conversation. So the boyfriend and I started chanting "Boston Sucks," then the other passengers followed suit. Shut him up real quick.
It sometimes takes a "collective response" to "sort out" an irritating Loudmouth (on the phone). It may be deemed 'cruel' but it's sometimes necessary.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:23 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just this past Saturday night, I was in a grocery store, and there was a lady on her cell phone........on SPEAKER PHONE ! She had the phone a foot from her face and was yelling into it, and the person on the other end was yelling back. She was standing in the front, by the registers, not even down an aisle where she had some privacy.

The two of them were talking about Trump and how they were going to throw up after watching him at the inauguration. (Ok, I was going to throw up too, but at least I wasn't broadcasting it for all within earshot to hear. )

She just stood there for the longest time, oblivious to everyone walking by her and looking at her as if she was nuts. Talking on the phone is one thing, broadcasting your conversation on speaker phone is a whole different matter.
An EMPLOYEE did this to me! I was checking out and she was yakking. I couldn't make sense of it. I said who are you talking to? She said, I'm on my phone. It was in her pocket on speaker!

Old 05-02-2017, 04:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Just this past Saturday night, I was in a grocery store, and there was a lady on her cell phone........on SPEAKER PHONE ! She had the phone a foot from her face and was yelling into it, and the person on the other end was yelling back. She was standing in the front, by the registers, not even down an aisle where she had some privacy.

The two of them were talking about Trump and how they were going to throw up after watching him at the inauguration. (Ok, I was going to throw up too, but at least I wasn't broadcasting it for all within earshot to hear. )

She just stood there for the longest time, oblivious to everyone walking by her and looking at her as if she was nuts. Talking on the phone is one thing, broadcasting your conversation on speaker phone is a whole different matter.
I think anyone who does something like that is doing so purposely to let all those around her who voted for Trump how ignorant they were....she had someone who was agreeing with her (the person she was talking with) and she wanted everyone to know that she was the better person.

I'm sorry, but that's my take. I when younger and angry at some political issue did the same thing. And of course I could be wrong, but, why else would you do something like that.

I've noted more then ever before, human beings fear allowing others their point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships