Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 12:55 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times

Advertisements

This blood is tticker than water bs only works in the movies. People need to understand, family is who you grow and develop with, until you are an adult!

Moms and siblings should show more respect and trust, and doing the right thing or shutting up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 01:44 AM

3,252 posts, read 2,338,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
My brother outed me as gay when I was 17. I grew up in a small town where anybody who was the slightest bit different was looked down on. That was almost 7 years ago, and we didn't speak for 4 years after that. Now I see him once a year at Christmas and all we say to each other is "hello" when we get there, and "good-bye" when we leave. Nothing in between. I really don't have any interest in rebuilding any relationship with him going forward, and the only reason I bother to acknowledge him now is because it makes my parents happy.

Before all this happened, we actually used to be pretty close. We played sports together, hung out, did all that stuff close siblings do. Yet all that was destroyed with one act of betrayal that had far reaching consequences, and it's gone forever.
What a terrible thing for him to have done to you. Has he ever apologized? Does he realize what a huge mistake it was?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:51 AM

3,252 posts, read 2,338,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Yup, feel the same about my sister. She has disowned my sister and I because she was the executor of my mom's will and we know she screwed us both! What I take away from this is not to let one of my kids be the executor of my will. I will have a disinterested 3rd party do the administrative work!
We have two kids with everything in our wills to be split evenly between them. Our lawyer advised us to make both of the kids executors so we did. If that had been the case with my brother, I could have gone ahead and executed the darn will without waiting for so many years.

You are allowed to see a will if you are likely to be inheriting, a son, daughter, wife, etc. You should have seen the will and known what was in it.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 AM

422 posts, read 336,289 times
My sis and I usually get along, but due to some circumstances that I won't go into that weren't really bad, just some hurt feelings, she told me never to contact her or her family ( uhhhh... they are my family too)and told me she wished she had never met me....her way of saying she wished I was never born I guess??

Anyway, she has a lot of pull with everyone one else, told some lies and used some very personal information against me, (again nothing really horrible) so I basically cannot have any Normal contact with my mother and siblings 😢.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:25 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Some of these stories are just awful. I am one of 7, and while some are better than others, the worst is that my now-deceased older brother stole from me. He had. A drug habit as an adult, but the stealing predated that. He stole from me and our siblings and my parents all the time when he was a kid.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 PM

924 posts, read 751,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
Anyway, she has a lot of pull with everyone one else, told some lies and used some very personal information against me, (again nothing really horrible) so I basically cannot have any Normal contact with my mother and siblings 😢.
My sister pulled something like that with "Holly" (my daughter) some years back. Short version is that at that point in time, "Holly" looked up to/admired my sister, and was very inclined to believe what she said. Unfortunately, many of the things my sister told "Holly" about me were either exaggerated, not true at all, or they were things which were completely inappropriate to tell any child about their parent.

One example being that during a camping trip, my sister apparently told "Holly" and several of our female cousins that I'd given Holly's dad an STD. (NOT true at all, and even if it was, there was no reason that info should be shared)

Old 02-04-2017, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 4,016 times
My sister lied to me about going back to college. But she got no money to pay the tuition. So I borrowed her a few thousand dollars. She ended up using the money going on a trip with her friends for 2 weeks!

Old 02-04-2017, 04:35 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
My sisters are 13 and 18 years younger than me. When I left home I pretty much dropped all communication with them. I might send a happy birthday txt every other year (never reciprocated). We go back to visit family once every 3-4 years and 50/50 that I even see them. When I do they have nothing to say and just stare at their cell phone most of the time. They may as well be martians.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:24 PM

81 posts, read 106,440 times
I hit my brother in the mouth with a hammer on "accident".

Old 03-22-2017, 05:45 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Broke into my house and stole about 2k worth of goods from me.

Oh, she also hit on my husband and gave my son crystal meth when he was a teenager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships