Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

I am friendly, high energy and talk really fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 11:35 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

I love when people talk fast.
I always put youtube videos on 1.25 - 1.5 speed.*
When you go back to normal speed, it's insane how slow most people actually talk.

* - (videos where I'm just listening to commentary.)

Old 02-01-2017, 12:32 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
Nice, bubbly, genuine, intelligent, pretty but not threatening, likable .... however, online I come across poorly despite having a degree in writing. I definitely do better in person. Lol

Old 02-01-2017, 12:35 PM

258 posts, read 299,639 times
It depends on WHERE they meet me.

When at work, I have had more than a couple of people tell me they thought I was aloof (verbatim). Which, I am not upset by. All of the people that have told me this were people I would rather not have to talk to anyway. There are coworkers who 'get' me, and some who don't.

But in a more social setting, I am intelligent and approachable.

My Mom had a friend of hers ask about me a while back and referred to me as quiet. My Mom laughed and asked her if she was seriously talking about the same person.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:43 PM

7,042 posts, read 6,292,162 times
I had a friend tell me that my smile lights up the room. I liked that & smile whenever I am with others. So I guess it's that I look approachable.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:07 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Friendly. Probably 30 or so times in my life, I've had people say "you're always happy". Of course I'm not, but I really see no need to be negative to people who I barely know or are acquaintances. They haven't done anything to me - - why should I be nasty to them?

I think it helps that I have a boy-ish face and apple cheeks - - I kind of look like I'd be a happy person, so that makes me approachable.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:08 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I had a friend tell me that my smile lights up the room. I liked that & smile whenever I am with others. So I guess it's that I look approachable.
The is NOTHING more attractive than smiles. No matter whatever else a woman looks like, if she has a great smile, I'm smitten.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:11 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
As the title says, when you get to know a person better, what do they tell you was their first impression of you? I usually get mean or stuck up - thanks to my resting bish face but then people say they didn't expect me to be nice and are pleasantly surprised. I have no idea how to change their perception of me. I don't go around smiling all the time, that would be odd. I'm anxious sometimes when I'm out or lost in my own world, that could be why I'm called aloof..

They actually think I'm nice. Hilarious! Yeah, I know, right ?

Hahahahahhaha

Old 02-01-2017, 02:15 PM

3,096 posts, read 2,000,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Same here. Although, I'm a secret introvert, so for work, have to step out of my comfort zone quite frequently.

I'm originally from the northeast, so we all speak quickly... it's too cold for a stop-n-chat... we're just fine saying, "Hi, how are you? How's your mum? Nice to see you" over our shoulders, as we're dashing for our trains, leaping snowbanks, in -20 windchill.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:25 PM

3,096 posts, read 2,000,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
The is NOTHING more attractive than smiles. No matter whatever else a woman looks like, if she has a great smile, I'm smitten.
Agreed. And, that goes for men, kids & spider monkeys, too.

Marcello Mastroianni, sex symbol of old & lover of many of the world's most beautiful women of his time, was once asked what he loved so much in women... there must be 1 particular feature or quality. His reply was that the only ugly thing on a woman was a bad attitude.

I have old bf's who've said I looked great wearing nothing but a smile... oh, oops, wait... that's for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships