Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:05 PM

711 posts, read 687,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrocker View Post
Yes he had. I just feel sorry for their son. I really felt like he was not given the choice. And really felt he was deprived of a relationship with his biological father. That's all. And then I found out she did EXACTLY the same thing to the 2nd husband....?
Don't feel sorry for the birth-son. When he is an adult (if he isn't already) he will have the same opportunity to look for his birth-father if he is interested as you have had to track him down.

There are some adoptee registry websites available where birth parents and adoptees can post known information (birth date, birth place, etc). If the person wants to find info on their parent or child and the person who wants to be found is there, it can happen.

If anything, you can find one of those sites and ask your husband if you'd like him to register his info for him. Keep in mind that your husband may not want to be found....and the birth-son may not care to look.

I've known people on both sides of the equation. Some have ZERO interest in contacting their parent/child even if they know who and where they are. Others have made it a mission to track down a parent or child. The bottom line here is that it isn't YOUR call to make.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:05 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,118 times
To fulfill your self intrest, you can potentially open a big can of worms! Re evaluate what you are / going to do.

Your husbands life before you is off limits. Nothing to do with you. You might bring back a very dark time in his life. Do you really wanna go there?

Old 02-03-2017, 12:24 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Yes he had. I just feel sorry for their son. I really felt like he was not given the choice. And really felt he was deprived of a relationship with his biological father. That's all. And then I found out she did EXACTLY the same thing to the 2nd husband....?
He's in his 20s. He's an adult. He has the choice, and to this point has chosen not to have a relationship with his bio father. He doesn't need you to feel sorry for him.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 02-03-2017, 12:27 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
Don't feel sorry for the birth-son. When he is an adult (if he isn't already) he will have the same opportunity to look for his birth-father if he is interested as you have had to track him down.

There are some adoptee registry websites available where birth parents and adoptees can post known information (birth date, birth place, etc). If the person wants to find info on their parent or child and the person who wants to be found is there, it can happen.

If anything, you can find one of those sites and ask your husband if you'd like him to register his info for him. Keep in mind that your husband may not want to be found....and the birth-son may not care to look.
Unless they had it legally stripped (which is rare), the bio-dad's name is right on the birth certificate. The son would have very little trouble finding dad if he wanted to.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 PM

169 posts, read 115,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
To fulfill your self intrest, you can potentially open a big can of worms! Re evaluate what you are / going to do.

Your husbands life before you is off limits. Nothing to do with you. You might bring back a very dark time in his life. Do you really wanna go there?
No. Now that many of you has scared me to death. Bear in mind I already am scared of the ex. She is what you call lawsuit magnet.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:29 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,944,888 times
So much draaamaaa, all of which amounts to:

The OP married the wrong guy.

I'm sorry, but this is not fixable. He can't be made into the right guy.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:34 PM

169 posts, read 115,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
So much draaamaaa, all of which amounts to:

The OP married the wrong guy.

I'm sorry, but this is not fixable. He can't be made into the right guy.
Why did you say that? Do you really think I will still be married to him if he really is an awful person? I am not stupid you know, nor a martyr, excuse me.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:36 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
No. I actually want to. Why he signed it. But I know he won't like it. He really does not want to discuss it.
I believe you. It's not something most people would be proud of having done.

Knowing he doesn't like to discuss it though, I do have to wonder why you ever thought it would be a good idea to surprise him with his long lost son. WOW.

Another idea - just let it go. Let it all go. It happened a long time ago. Quit poking around. Quit obsessing about his ex wife. The time to do all that is long past.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
No. Now that many of you has scared me to death. Bear in mind I already am scared of the ex. She is what you call lawsuit magnet.
Then why are you even thinking about her?

Your husband isn't paying her any child support. They don't have a child together (he gave that child up for adoption). They got divorced a long time ago.

Why are you even THINKING about this woman? That's what you really need to figure out.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:45 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Oh yikes I would not interfere with his family dynamics. I would let him know that you found his son and I would let the son know where his father is, and let the two of them work it out....or not. My only living relative besides my brother is his daughter that he threw away as a baby. I was open to meeting her and discussed the idea with her mother. She was not receptive. Okay. I was fine with that too. Just because you're blood, doesn't mean you're family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.