Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 09:42 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,923,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I have been good friends with the groom for over 4 years which he and the bride said I was invited to the wedding ceremony. I was surprised as a registry office is usually small so was please to be asked. The bride asked if I had my invitation which I said no and she said the groom had them but will need to bring it out when he sees me.

A few months went by so I heard nothing. I messaged the groom asking what the arrangements were and he said speak to the bride. The bride said I could only go to the reception as there was no room as the ceremony. I accepted this as it is their wedding day but I don't know why they backtracked.

I felt upset as all of our friends went to the ceremony except me, even acquaintances went who he has not known that long. One friend made it worse telling me there were 2 empty rows of seats which was visible on the photos.

The bride was quite insecure when we first met asking me why I didn't like her and that she needs to be accepted and was trying to intimidate me. I did not dislike her at all and don't know why she thought this but she was paranoid as the groom initially liked me before he met her and he told her this. I did not like the groom romantically so she had nothing to worry about.

At the wedding reception she would briefly see me saying we haven't had chance to speak and would run off so I knew she was avoiding me. I feel now that these people are not friends. Should I say something or cut ties?
Sounds like somebody needs to take the hint,

to put it more clearly...they are cutting ties with you, move on with your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 09:50 AM

4,315 posts, read 3,977,154 times
Where I'm from.................."talk is cheap, takes money to buy whiskey "

Translation..........unless you received a written invitation you never were invited in the first place.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:24 AM

9,359 posts, read 6,926,491 times
Making a big deal of nothing imo. Plus you got to go to the "fun" part anyway.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:34 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,095,983 times
I wouldn't have gone to the reception but, I am petty.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:23 PM

4,903 posts, read 4,199,706 times
Why did you even go to the reception??

Old 02-08-2017, 01:29 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,222,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
People are quite interesting.

"People aren't communicating with me, thus I don't understand the situation. Should I communicate with them?"

YES
Not communicating, as you see, leads to confusion.

He's not the one who's not communicating. BUT... they've said everything they need to say.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:17 PM

8,247 posts, read 8,596,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
I never heard of people being invited to the ceremony? Typically anyone who wants to go goes and then one needs to be invited to the reception. Unless it was a destination wedding, but this seems strange to me regardless. If this is how they are going to act then they are not your friends. Move on.
I agreed with you at first. Then I realized that most weddings I have been to were Catholic. You don't get to decide who is allowed in the Church, at least not in the past. All weddings were open and the reception required an invitation.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:59 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,522,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace84 View Post
I have been good friends with the groom for over 4 years which he and the bride said I was invited to the wedding ceremony. I was surprised as a registry office is usually small so was please to be asked. The bride asked if I had my invitation which I said no and she said the groom had them but will need to bring it out when he sees me.

A few months went by so I heard nothing. I messaged the groom asking what the arrangements were and he said speak to the bride. The bride said I could only go to the reception as there was no room as the ceremony. I accepted this as it is their wedding day but I don't know why they backtracked.

I felt upset as all of our friends went to the ceremony except me, even acquaintances went who he has not known that long. One friend made it worse telling me there were 2 empty rows of seats which was visible on the photos.

The bride was quite insecure when we first met asking me why I didn't like her and that she needs to be accepted and was trying to intimidate me. I did not dislike her at all and don't know why she thought this but she was paranoid as the groom initially liked me before he met her and he told her this. I did not like the groom romantically so she had nothing to worry about.

At the wedding reception she would briefly see me saying we haven't had chance to speak and would run off so I knew she was avoiding me. I feel now that these people are not friends. Should I say something or cut ties?
Why would the groom tell his bride that he liked you before he met her? What purpose did that serve except to make her feel jealous and insecure about seeing the two of you together even though you claim not to have any romantic interest in the groom?

Old 02-08-2017, 06:44 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,149,375 times
Of course the bride didn't invite you. Her dude had a crush on you. I don't think it's much more complicated than that. I think a genuine friendship in the future with either of them is unlikely. I'm surprised you went to the reception.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:46 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,149,375 times
Also I have a feeling the OP is more conventionally attractive than this bride...just a feeling lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships