Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 02:12 AM

196 posts, read 158,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
txtqueen, when will you be moving out of your grandmother's house and begin supporting yourself?
When grandma sells, condemns, or has the house demolished...I seriously doubt she and the boyfriend are going anywhere on their own.

Once that happens, she will move back in with her mother and brother, and we will get to watch another near-decade of histrionic grown-woman-but-really-glorified-teenager histrionic drama.

Is everyone ready?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 07:15 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereitwent View Post
When grandma sells, condemns, or has the house demolished...I seriously doubt she and the boyfriend are going anywhere on their own.

Once that happens, she will move back in with her mother and brother, and we will get to watch another near-decade of histrionic grown-woman-but-really-glorified-teenager histrionic drama.

Is everyone ready?
It's really sad. We've watched this play out for close to a decade - you can tell on this thread who has followed along for years and who hasn't.

I used to feel sympathy - I'm only a year or two older - but she's the same person in the same (if not worse) position than she was when she first started posting. No education, no career, no plans, no effort. If not for the mother, grandmother, and great grandmother she mooches off of and continuously complains about, she and her equally moochy boyfriend would be on the street with no real means to support herself. It doesn't sound like her boyfriend's cash only job (which could seriously bite them in the butt) pays much if they can't even afford to live on their own and have to keep mooching off of grandma.

Meanwhile, in the past decade that I've watched her make excuse after excuse, I've graduated from college, started a career, beat stage IV cancer, gotten promotions, dedicated a significant amount of time volunteering, build up side consulting and speaking gigs, networked my tush off, and am about to graduate with a master's degree that I am completing on top of working full time. All with absolutely zero help from family - I've had to support myself. I didn't manage that because of all the excuses I made to try to absolve myself of being a grown-up or pretending that the future will just magically fall into place with no effort from me.

Meanwhile, txtqueen has squandered tens (hundreds?) of thousands of dollars in money for tuition and free housing that her family has provided her with over the years. What does she have to show for it? It's a shame her family keeps enabling her lack of responsibility. I wish they could see these posts.

Txtqueen - you're going to be 30 soon. You need to get your life together and plan for your future. Your family, while not perfect, has allowed for a very easy life for you until now. Do something with it. If you can spend hours complaining here about your mom, then you can spend hours taking classes online. Stop making excuses.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:35 PM

I've only been here on this forum for a few months but read up on the backstory, which seems to stretch as far back as 2009. If you compare a post of hers from 2009 to a counterpart, now in 2017, both are the exact same, with nothing much changing in those 8 years, at least from what I can see.

It is sad, but at they end of the day, as you say, Charolastra, she has the capability to improve her life — she just doesn't want to put in the effort, and, with her family's largesse supporting her for 8 years and probably the foreseeable future, she has no real motivation to. Heaven forbid knock on wood that no children occur in this quagmire. They do not deserve to be a part of this tomfoolery.

Hilariously, she also accuses her mom of doing the same exact things she is doing — mirroring her mom's life in a way. She complains that mom takes rent money from grandma, but she herself has her rent covered by grandma in the form of complimentary housing. She accuses her mom of thriving on family drama, but revels in seemingly hundreds of pages of forum posts about the familial drama on the internet. I'm thinking something about an apple falling from a tree here...

Honestly, at this point, the only way I see her life improving is if all the family support is cut off from her.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:21 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Really all anyone has to do is go read the OP's blogs to get caught up.

I just spent the day doing so, along with reading all the comments back and forth, and all I can say is: Holy <censored>! She is definitely a chip off the old block, if what the OP says about her mom is true.

The blogs stop in 2012 and her situation is no better now than back then. She was given so much good advice but oh no, she just keeps doing things the same old way.

Did the OP ever pay back the grandmother the $16,600? Did they ever get their own place or have they always mooched off of others for a room?

I'm exhausted just reading those blogs and I just cannot bring myself to read her posts that span YEARS.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
Really all anyone has to do is go read the OP's blogs to get caught up.

I just spent the day doing so, along with reading all the comments back and forth, and all I can say is: Holy <censored>! She is definitely a chip off the old block, if what the OP says about her mom is true.

The blogs stop in 2012 and her situation is no better now than back then. She was given so much good advice but oh no, she just keeps doing things the same old way.

Did the OP ever pay back the grandmother the $16,600? Did they ever get their own place or have they always mooched off of others for a room?

I'm exhausted just reading those blogs and I just cannot bring myself to read her posts that span YEARS.
She ran a red traffic light while looking down to grab a cigarette, and was T-boned by someone who had just bought a new pickup truck; after the collision, she was wondering why the other drivers were more concerned about their new car being damaged than worrying about her injuries. [At this point, I am seriously wondering if Txtqueen is a real person, or if this is all a made up game. Does she seriously not know why the people cared more that their new car being destroyed by an awful driver than about the ignorant driver themselves?]

She states that although she caused the accident, she was not charged for it, which doesn't really make sense (but if you have read her posts, stretching the truth, and fibbing to aggrandize herself are par for her course).

I can tell you that had she hit my sports car while running a traffic signal, and considering "her vehicle" was taken out in grandma's name, I would own both of grandma's houses, cars, and any other assets that they have, unless Txtqueen had top of the line auto insurance, which, given that she claims she can't even afford health insurance, seems extremely unlikely.

Nobody, and trust me when I say nobody, damages or destroys my property and gets away with it. Why the driver did not relentlessly persue Txtqueen and her family in court is a complete mystery, which doesn't make any sense at all. As always with her posts, I think our legs are being pulled, and we aren't getting the full, truthful story.

No, she never paid grandma back. The reason everyone keeps asking if she has repaid grandma, and the same reason she continually ignores, and refuses to answer that question, is because everyone knows she has no intention or ability to ever pay grandma back.

Instead, she boasted about buying another car, marijuana, and a PlayStation with the insurance money for the totaled vehicle.

Last edited by Whereitwent; 03-20-2017 at 04:19 AM..

Old 03-20-2017, 06:33 AM

Thanks for filling in those blanks.

All I can say is Wow, just Wow.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 AM

I do hope people realize that grandma is the enabler in all this? Grandma created the mom and the mom has created the OP. Grandma is continuing by enabling the granddaughter.

This cycle will never be broken in this family. None are strong enough to stand on their own.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
I do hope people realize that grandma is the enabler in all this? Grandma created the mom and the mom has created the OP. Grandma is continuing by enabling the granddaughter.

This cycle will never be broken in this family. None are strong enough to stand on their own.
Naturally, when the OP's life does fall apart (and with how unstable it is, it will happen sooner or later), she'll move back in with mom and brother, then proceed to post plenty of topics about how her "rights to live as an adult" including stumbling in drunk at 3:00 in the morning, and getting tripped out on marijuana, are being compromised.

Honestly, I'm not even sure a miracle would save this girl at this point. It has been 10 yeasts, and she hasn't changed or improved her life one bit. I'll honesty believe it when I see it.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:21 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereitwent View Post
Naturally, when the OP's life does fall apart (and with how unstable it is, it will happen sooner or later), she'll move back in with mom and brother, then proceed to post plenty of topics about how her "rights to live as an adult" including stumbling in drunk at 3:00 in the morning, and getting tripped out on marijuana, are being compromised.

Honestly, I'm not even sure a miracle would save this girl at this point. It has been 10 yeasts, and she hasn't changed or improved her life one bit. I'll honesty believe it when I see it.
Wasn't there some serious pain pill addiction in between all that somehow?

I am surprised she never posts about the bf. He seems to be a real nice person. If he ever leaves her, she will be nothing without his support. AT least she seems to treat him well - she never complains here about him.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Wasn't there some serious pain pill addiction in between all that somehow?

I am surprised she never posts about the bf. He seems to be a real nice person. If he ever leaves her, she will be nothing without his support. AT least she seems to treat him well - she never complains here about him.
As for her pain pill /muscle relaxer addiction, it was Tramadol (a derivative of opium) she was on, I think — but not sure. In any event, whatever prescribed narcotic she was taking was another one of her excuses for why she couldn't work — she claimed that she would fall asleep during her shift. When posters said that the Tramadol should not be taken regularly, as it is not a long term solution to pain, and the pain would only cease once she stopped taking the pills, she was responded that she "needs the pills" and so neither way would be feasible.

She has also hinted, at certain points, that she uses these prescription drugs recreationally, and even sometimes takes the pills while simoltaneously drinking alcohol and/or smoking marijuana.

Attempting to reason with Txtqueen is impossible. She asks for advice, but then has an excuse for every single solution possible.

My educated guess is that when she is asking for advice, what she really wants is support and validation. She DOESN'T want advice or solutions that don't agree with what agenda she has.

As for the boyfriend, I am amazed that he is still around. Txtqueen literally provides nothing to the relationship, other than the obvious "good looks" and bedroom activities, the latter of which is why I suspect he is staying around [and, to a lesser extent, the lack of rent and other expenses]. I can tell you that if my girlfriend was unemployed, uneducated, broke, and addicted to pain killers, she would be out my door in two seconds. So I don't really know why this dude is staying around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships