Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:37 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think it's been pretty common for awhile.
Where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Where?

LOL! Not common here at all. I asked my husband and he laughed!!

Old 04-25-2017, 10:47 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Never heard of one til I opened this thread.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:00 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
i never heard of one either but why are people so offended by the idea of a diaper party ?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:48 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Why is everybody avoiding the elephant in the room? These were originally your friends, not your husbands, and ALL the women got together and did not call you? Sounds to me like there is something about you that they don't care for, plain and simple. Why not just tell them you were hurt by the exclusion and ask them why they didn't think to invite you. How they respond, rather than what words they use should provide a clue. But it might be time for new friends.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:06 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Why is everybody avoiding the elephant in the room? These were originally your friends, not your husbands, and ALL the women got together and did not call you? Sounds to me like there is something about you that they don't care for, plain and simple. Why not just tell them you were hurt by the exclusion and ask them why they didn't think to invite you. How they respond, rather than what words they use should provide a clue. But it might be time for new friends.

^^^^ This

Old 04-26-2017, 12:56 PM

634 posts, read 708,781 times
I don't think that everybody always has to invite everybody. People have and always will not invite everybody. The only difference now is that social media lets you know that you weren't invited. I don't think there is anything wrong with you not being invited. There is no friend rule that requires full inclusion. It's one thing if you were not invited to a good friend's wedding when everyone else was but it's another if its just a casual gathering.

The only thing that *might* be questionable are your friend's blasting on social media that they got together without you. Even then, I am not sure if there was anything morally wrong about that either.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:12 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayerdu View Post
I don't think that everybody always has to invite everybody. People have and always will not invite everybody. The only difference now is that social media lets you know that you weren't invited. I don't think there is anything wrong with you not being invited. There is no friend rule that requires full inclusion. It's one thing if you were not invited to a good friend's wedding when everyone else was but it's another if its just a casual gathering.

The only thing that *might* be questionable are your friend's blasting on social media that they got together without you. Even then, I am not sure if there was anything morally wrong about that either.
It is rude to invite the husband and not the wife, especially considering all the other wives were included.

OP- I have been in this exact spot several times and it truly does hurt. I am sorry you had to experience being excluded.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:26 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
I, for one, am sorry she was hurt and I hope she will come back and update us, but with so much speculation here with some people telling her that her husband didn't want her there, that her husband is having an affair with one of the other women, that one of the women has a thing for the husband, that she obviously did something to offend them, that her friends don't like her – well, I might just take a powder and not come back either.

Last edited by CatzPaw; 04-26-2017 at 04:27 PM..

Old 05-01-2017, 09:13 AM

13 posts, read 13,672 times
Nothing to update. Decide to takes break from my friends for awhile and I didn't talk about this with any of them. Not one of them has called or messaged since, so I guess that is a sign of it self. I have no doubt that my husband is faithful to me so that concept can be forgotten. I have never had a problem in the past of them doing things without me and posting those memories to social media, this time it only got to me cause my husband was invite but I wasn't.

For the diaper shower thing, gees people get a life. So what if people do this, why do you care? Is it affecting your life? It was at a bar! Guys brought a pack of diapers and then started watching sports and drinking beer. That is the whole shower. No food, no games. The guys that came to party are avid hunters and wear camo almost everyday, and non of them vape. So not sure why that generalization styrotype even came up in this thread.

In the end, I really only came here to vent. So, thank you for giving me that opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships