U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:27 PM

12 posts, read 5,780 times

Advertisements

What does "this side of abuse" mean? One is either abused or not. Does it mean jealous grandma does not like the fiancé' (competition)? The fact that you refer to the woman as "this thing" is very revealing. The fact that the law will not get involved is also revealing. . . they are eager to "help" always. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 10:20 PM

6,877 posts, read 3,817,196 times
Grandma says her daughter in law is mean, but not to the point of being abusive to the granddaughter; she gives no support to that statement. A half dozen people chime in here to contact CPS and claim child abuse is taking place. When are people going to wise up to the fact that complaints don't equal problems and stop being so accepting of whatever an OP claims?

Old 04-28-2017, 10:42 PM

31,386 posts, read 19,788,479 times
I could be a jerk to my stepson without being subject to action by CPS. That doesn't mean I am good for him, or not abusive. Still, I would want to know what the OP means, and what the mother thinks about it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 04-30-2017, 03:53 PM

7,673 posts, read 8,968,135 times
Call CPS on her but only if you have solid proof.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:30 PM

4,797 posts, read 3,204,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andert91 View Post
I have an adult son who refuses to hear me out about how his fiance treats his 3 yr old daughter... he doesn't see it so it can't be true.
She is mean to her, just this side of abusive, the law refuses to do anything about it.
He got engaged to this thing called a woman when she got pregnant now he has this second child she treats like glass... please help, any suggestions?
How does the law refuse to do anything? Have complaints been filed and investigations done? If you call CPS and make a complaint they have to come out and investigate it

Old 05-01-2017, 01:49 PM

1,434 posts, read 1,112,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
How does the law refuse to do anything? Have complaints been filed and investigations done? If you call CPS and make a complaint they have to come out and investigate it
Maybe she means CPS investigated and found no abuse.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,043 times
she has never neglected her in a way or abused her in the yes of the law, i already went that route. It's just a feeling I get that something isnt quite right

Old 05-12-2017, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,043 times
CPS has come and cjecked itout

Old 05-12-2017, 09:00 PM

16,992 posts, read 20,612,244 times
Quote:
CPS has come and cjecked itout
So you already called CPS on her. You don't think she(they) can figure out who reported it?

I have to laugh at the word "fiance", they already have a kid together.

Your son is now father to two children with two different women, neither one he is married to. See a pattern here?

Perhaps you should have a chat with him about not continuing to make babies.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:25 PM

31,386 posts, read 19,788,479 times
Quote:
she has never neglected her in a way or abused her in the yes of the law, i already went that route. It's just a feeling I get that something isnt quite right

You called CPS because of a feeling?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or